1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 20:12
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Wow, you could not be more incorrect here if you tried. A simple examination of numismatics would show that God references have been in place since the American Civil War and that attempts were made more than 20 years prior to that to include mottos with reference to God.

In point of fact, the Civil War was rife with both sides claiming to be on the side ...[text shortened]... re in swearing in and inaugurations has also been more or less a constant since the Civil War.
    And then the Christians decided their religion is more important than fabled American liberty.
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 21:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    And then the Christians decided their religion is more important than fabled American liberty.
    During which age?

Answer: The McCarthyist age.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 22:11
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    No, I think the Christians saw religious expression and liberty as interdependent; that one did not exist without the other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree