1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 16:29
    My God, this must be news from heaven above! Rick Warren is doing the inaugural prayer. How could the man who sat on a pew in Jeremiah Wright's church and who is pro-choice do such a thing?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 17:48
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    My God, this must be news from heaven above! Rick Warren is doing the inaugural prayer. How could the man who sat on a pew in Jeremiah Wright's church and who is pro-choice do such a thing?
    It's a shocker, I know. But it might be smart politics. Let the evangelicals do the praying, then ignore them in the real world. Then they can appear to be an inclusive administration. At least I'm hoping that's what the plan is.
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 23:58
    Power, fame, and money.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 00:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    Power, fame, and money.
    I probably would have been a better choice.
  5. The moral highground
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 01:47
    ALL HAIL LORD ZENU!
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:05
    I think it's spectacular news! Great!!
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 03:11
    Originally posted by chappy1
    I think it's spectacular news! Great!!
    Do you think his prayer should be inclusive of Jews and Muslims?
  8. Illinois
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 06:32
    Aren't Obama and Warren good friends? Must we ascribe any deeper significance than that to Obama's choice?

😴
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 15:27
    ======================================
    ==========================================

Because he wants to excercise his right to make a choice?
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 19:59
    I probably would have been a better choice.
    Now that I would like to see! 😉
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 20:28
    Now that I would like to see! 😉
    I have already commissioned BWA poet laureate to carry on the tradition of an inaugural poem in the spirit of Robert Frost for Kennedy and Maya Angelou for Clinton. But I'm sure his will be better.
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 20:32
    I have already commissioned BWA poet laureate to carry on the tradition of an inaugural poem in the spirit of Robert Frost for Kennedy and Maya Angelou for Clinton. But I'm sure his will be better.
    You lost me.

Who is, "poet laureate", and who is the "his" that you are sure will be better?
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 13:44
    You lost me.

Who is, "poet laureate", and who is the "his" that you are sure will be better?
    A poet laureate title is betowed upon a writer to represent a nation or a state. Your particular state may have a poet laureate. The time has not yet come to announce the writer. Good things come those who wait.