Calling out Robbie Carobbie.

Calling out Robbie Carobbie.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
The method isn't scientific. Do you know how many articles that have made a case for ID have been published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal?

One, and that was quickly withdrawn by the publisher.

This statement from the Council of Europe Parliament - The Dangers of Creationsim in Education sums it up nicely

Creationism in any of ...[text shortened]... hetically inadequate for science classes.

ID is religion masquerading as pseudo-science.
are you saying that the process of observing the natural world and drawing conclusions is unscientific Noobster? is so, how so!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
are you saying that the process of observing the natural world and drawing conclusions is unscientific Noobster? is so, how so!
Nope.

When you start including the 'magical mystery man' in the process, that's when it becomes unscientific.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by kirksey957
Can you give me a specific example where Christ said he opposed evolution?
yes, Jesus when being questioned about divorce, upholds the creation account in the book of Genesis,

(Matthew 19:3-5) . . .And Pharisees came up to him, intent on tempting him and saying: “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife on every sort of ground?”  In reply he said: “Did you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’?

Here Christ quotes directly from the book of Genesis with regard to the creation of humans and applies it spiritually in this instance. The creation account is diametrically opposed to the idea that life evolved through gradual changes at a molecular level resulting in the transmutation of one species into another, for it states, that God made everything, 'according to their kinds'. Which is in fact what we observe today.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

Nope.

When you start including the 'magical mystery man' in the process, that's when it becomes unscientific.
i see so the process is scientific after all, thankyou, it was not so hard.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
No, it is about your beliefs. I want to know how you can make ID to a science, how you can dismiss evolution as pseudo-science. How you opinion can be so strong when you know so little about evolution.

You belive that your christian god created biology. This makes you a creationist, not an IDer. You don't belive in an intelligent designer, any designer , robbie? I hope not. It's quite embarrassing.) Let's not go to this stadium, robbie.
no its not about my beliefs, its about those who say that God used evolution. Thats not my belief! you got the wrong guy, Zapansy and Conrau and Mr.Barr are your targets, not me.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Feb 10

Why should a christian not accept eveloution in your opinion?
Robbie doesn't reject evolution on the whole, it's just the speciation part he has a problem with.

I'd like to see someone make a case that genetic mutations don't occur.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

Robbie doesn't reject evolution on the whole, it's just the speciation part he has a problem with.

I'd like to see someone make a case that genetic mutations don't occur.
id like to see someone make a case where they produce new species.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Feb 10

i see so the process is scientific after all, thankyou, it was not so hard.
The whole point of ID is that God is involved in the process. Take out God, and it ceases to be ID.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Feb 10
1 edit

id like to see someone make a case where they produce new species.
I'd like someone to make a good case for God.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
10 Feb 10

yes, Jesus when being questioned about divorce, upholds the creation account in the book of Genesis,

(Matthew 19:3-5) . . .And Pharisees came up to him, intent on tempting him and saying: “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife on every sort of ground?”  In reply he said: “Did you not read that [b]he who created them from the beginning made t ...[text shortened]... that God made everything, 'according to their kinds'. Which is in fact what we observe today.
By the same logic I could say that jet airplanes do not exist as when Jesus was talking about divorce in Matthew, he upholds the creation account and there is no mention of airplanes in Genesis.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

I'd like someone to make a good case for God.
i thought i did, just think of it dear Noobster if all you saw was monochrome? Just imagine if all you ate was one type of food with the same taste? Yet here we are in a world full of splendour and beauty, waterfalls and oceans, different seasons, enjoyable and tasty things to eat, pleasant music, art, loving companions, wine to make your heart merry? if that does not speak of a loving God then i dont know what does!

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10
2 edits

By the same logic I could say that jet airplanes do not exist as when Jesus was talking about divorce in Matthew, he upholds the creation account and there is no mention of airplanes in Genesis.
yes the problem that you have however is that regardless of what context Christ was talking in, he mentions that humans were created - quoting directly from the creation account. As for what he never said, well fell free to speculate till your hearts content.

Moves
10 Feb 10

please tell me what it is about the context of a scripture that supports either a literal or a figurative interpretation that you do not understand.
In other words, you can't answer can you, lol 🙂

Now, stop trying to get other people to do your exegesis for you and see if you can come up with an even faintly plausible account of your different responses to the two cases, otherwise my conclusion stands: you are just cherry picking.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
10 Feb 10

yes the problem that you have however is that regardless of what context Christ was talking in, he mentions that humans were created -
Yes, and how they were created is none of your business nor none of mine.

F

Moves
10 Feb 10
1 edit

no its not about my beliefs, its about those who say that God used evolution. Thats not my belief! you got the wrong guy, Zapansy and Conrau and Mr.Barr are your targets, not me.
You think you can tell me what questions I can ask and what questions I cannot ask you robbie. The only things I ask about is a follow-up what you already told me. So don't bring sensitive things up if you're not prepared to answer follow-ups.

For me it is about your beliefs. You as a christian and you as a Jehovas Witness. Nothing else. If I have questions to others, I can ask them. Now I'm debating with you, robbie.

I asked you a question and you refuse to answer. Does that mean that I can interprete you as I want?

The question: "When you say god, do you mean the christian god, or can it be any god?"
Is your answer: "No, as everyone knows I worship Satan as my lord and saviour. He has created me and all other JW culters who have sold our souls to Him. Of course I mean Satan when I say god."
Correct me if I'm wrong.

As you see I hate avoidance.