1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 00:34
    Are you celebrating any holidays this month?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 00:54
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Are you celebrating any holidays this month?
    Yes. I celebrate "Christmas." But I prefer to think of it as the Winter Solstice Season. We celebrate it as a holiday of family togetherness, and not as a celebration of Jesus. My wife even likes some of the religious holiday music if you just don't pay too much attention to the words. We also do the usual New Year's Eve bash thing.

And you?
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 00:55
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Yes. I celebrate "Christmas." But I prefer to think of it as the Winter Solstice Season. We celebrate it as a holiday of family togetherness, and not as a celebration of Jesus. My wife even likes some of the religious holiday music if you just don't pay too much attention to the words. We also do the usual New Year's Eve bash thing.

And you?
    Will you accept any presents bought at Walmart?
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 00:59
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Will you accept any presents bought at Walmart?
    Don't ask, don't tell.

My wife and I shun Walmart like the devil. But I know my mother goes to Sam's Club, which is owned by Walmart. Nobody's perfect.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 01:06
    Don't ask, don't tell.

My wife and I shun Walmart like the devil. But I know my mother goes to Sam's Club, which is owned by Walmart. Nobody's perfect.
    If you shune Wal Mart like you appear to shune the devil you must shop there 24/7, no?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 01:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    If you shune Wal Mart like you appear to shune the devil you must shop there 24/7, no?
    What are you saying?
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 01:121 edit

And you?
    I live so large as a successful capitalist, every day feels like a holiday to me.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 01:43
    I live so large as a successful capitalist, every day feels like a holiday to me.
    A successful capitalist? And how is it that you earn that classification, except by helping to make others rich?
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 01:597 edits
    And how is it that you earn that classification, except by helping to make others rich?
    By no other way. That's what's so great about the system! The enrichment is reciprocal, from the fattest fat cat CEO down to the cashier at Sam's Club. Even the unsuccessful are enriched by capitalism, relative to the ultimate consequences of any alternate sort of economy.

If you were to have offered any Soviet worker the opportunity to come to the United States and work as a floor sweeper, I would be stunned if he would turn down the offer, citing the fact that he would be thus enriching the company's owner. Just consider how much greater his own life would stand to be enriched by the opportunity! Beats the hell out of freezing your ass off being forced to build a bridge to nowhere in Siberia.

You're the altruist. Why wouldn't you want to make others rich?
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 02:03
    By no other way. That's what's so great about the system! The enrichment is reciprocal, from the fattest fat cat CEO down to the cashier at Sam's Club. Even the unsuccessful are enriched by capitalism, relative to the ultimate consequences of any alternative sort of economy.

If you were to have offered any Soviet worker the opportunity to co ...[text shortened]... the hell out of freezing your ass off being forced to build a bridge to nowhere in Siberia.
    It's the season for snowmen, not strawmen.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 02:06
    It's the season for snowmen, not strawmen.
    What about straw angels?
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 03:191 edit
    Don't ask, don't tell.

So, just like RBHILL's mom, Rwingett's mom is going to burn in hell.

Go figure.
  13. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 22:45
    Don't ask, don't tell.

Despite his overarching arrogance, apparently the devil can still see behind certain ruses. Good for him. No word on whether he is swayed by the siren advertisements of Target.
  14. The sky
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 22:49
    My wife and I shun Walmart like the devil.
    Do you shun Walmart like you shun the devil, or do you shun Walmart like the devil shuns Walmart?
  15. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 22:57
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Do you shun Walmart like you shun the devil, or do you shun Walmart like the devil shuns Walmart?
    What she said.