Calling out RWillis

Calling out RWillis

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
11 Dec 06

Are you celebrating any holidays this month?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
11 Dec 06

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Are you celebrating any holidays this month?
Yes. I celebrate "Christmas." But I prefer to think of it as the Winter Solstice Season. We celebrate it as a holiday of family togetherness, and not as a celebration of Jesus. My wife even likes some of the religious holiday music if you just don't pay too much attention to the words. We also do the usual New Year's Eve bash thing.

And you?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
11 Dec 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Yes. I celebrate "Christmas." But I prefer to think of it as the Winter Solstice Season. We celebrate it as a holiday of family togetherness, and not as a celebration of Jesus. My wife even likes some of the religious holiday music if you just don't pay too much attention to the words. We also do the usual New Year's Eve bash thing.

And you?
Will you accept any presents bought at Walmart?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
11 Dec 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Will you accept any presents bought at Walmart?
Don't ask, don't tell.

My wife and I shun Walmart like the devil. But I know my mother goes to Sam's Club, which is owned by Walmart. Nobody's perfect.

w

Moves
11 Dec 06

Don't ask, don't tell.

My wife and I shun Walmart like the devil. But I know my mother goes to Sam's Club, which is owned by Walmart. Nobody's perfect.
If you shune Wal Mart like you appear to shune the devil you must shop there 24/7, no?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
11 Dec 06

Originally posted by whodey
If you shune Wal Mart like you appear to shune the devil you must shop there 24/7, no?
What are you saying?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
11 Dec 06
1 edit

And you?
I live so large as a successful capitalist, every day feels like a holiday to me.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
11 Dec 06

I live so large as a successful capitalist, every day feels like a holiday to me.
A successful capitalist? And how is it that you earn that classification, except by helping to make others rich?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
11 Dec 06
7 edits

And how is it that you earn that classification, except by helping to make others rich?
By no other way. That's what's so great about the system! The enrichment is reciprocal, from the fattest fat cat CEO down to the cashier at Sam's Club. Even the unsuccessful are enriched by capitalism, relative to the ultimate consequences of any alternate sort of economy.

If you were to have offered any Soviet worker the opportunity to come to the United States and work as a floor sweeper, I would be stunned if he would turn down the offer, citing the fact that he would be thus enriching the company's owner. Just consider how much greater his own life would stand to be enriched by the opportunity! Beats the hell out of freezing your ass off being forced to build a bridge to nowhere in Siberia.

You're the altruist. Why wouldn't you want to make others rich?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
11 Dec 06

By no other way. That's what's so great about the system! The enrichment is reciprocal, from the fattest fat cat CEO down to the cashier at Sam's Club. Even the unsuccessful are enriched by capitalism, relative to the ultimate consequences of any alternative sort of economy.

If you were to have offered any Soviet worker the opportunity to co ...[text shortened]... the hell out of freezing your ass off being forced to build a bridge to nowhere in Siberia.
It's the season for snowmen, not strawmen.

N

The sky

Moves
11 Dec 06

It's the season for snowmen, not strawmen.
What about straw angels?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
11 Dec 06
1 edit

Don't ask, don't tell.

So, just like RBHILL's mom, Rwingett's mom is going to burn in hell.

Go figure.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Dec 06

Don't ask, don't tell.

Despite his overarching arrogance, apparently the devil can still see behind certain ruses. Good for him. No word on whether he is swayed by the siren advertisements of Target.

N

The sky

Moves
12 Dec 06

My wife and I shun Walmart like the devil.
Do you shun Walmart like you shun the devil, or do you shun Walmart like the devil shuns Walmart?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Dec 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
Do you shun Walmart like you shun the devil, or do you shun Walmart like the devil shuns Walmart?
What she said.