1. Joined
    28 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 May '07 18:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why are you offended when someone blasphemes God? It just doesn't make sense to me. It only seems to make any sense if deep down you think that God does not exist and that he is making fun of your imaginary constructs.
    Good point.

Wishing people to burn in hell for all eternity, for example, is okay, but blasphemy .........! How dare you, naughty atheist! 😉
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 May '07 21:41
    Originally posted by Wallie
    Wrong!

Your question is just A question, not THE question.

With regard to abortion, a different question could be: does the foetus have a nervous system yet? In other words: does it suffer when it is aborted?
    So your saying as long as I can murder someone without causing them to suffer its OK? What does suffering have to do with it?
  3. Joined
    20 May '07
    Moves
    20 May '07 07:35
    People, please, don't feed the troll here.

Nothing new to see, just more senseless trolling..move on..
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 May '07 07:441 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    So that is your beef with Chrisitians? Need I remind you that this issue is not one based soley upon religion. It is a question of science as well. Is it or is it not a human being? That is the question. Assuming they "proved" to you that it was a human being, would you then be in favor of making it illegal? It seems to me that ALL morals are based upon he be killed. As for me, he is my example through which I live my life. Why is that so bad?
    Well, actually, I am against the death penalty and so, no, I would not be spitting on anybody (unless he killed or raped one of mine...and that's why we have laws and institutions...to stop the vicious circle of blood-revenge) who was being put to death.

Also, I would have had Jesus put in a psychiatric institute to try to help him.

EDIT:
    And on the abortion issue: it's got nothing to do with a foetus being a human being or not. It's got to do with a woman's right to do whatever she wants with her body. And that foetus is part of her (if she dies, it dies, etc.) until the day it is pooped out.
    So, call it a baby, a human being, give it a postcode and write its name in my addressbook all you want... it's a woman's choice.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 May '07 12:52
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Well, actually, I am against the death penalty and so, no, I would not be spitting on anybody (unless he killed or raped one of mine...and that's why we have laws and institutions...to stop the vicious circle of blood-revenge) who was being put to death.

EDIT:
    And on t ...[text shortened]... it a postcode and write its name in my addressbook all you want... it's a woman's choice.
    You are welcomed to your opinions and may the best man win at the voting polls. It just saddens me that you seem to hate and are intolerant of other points of view and go out of your way to offend them because you don't see eye to eye with them.

As far as being put in an psychiactric institute just keep in mind that Christ said to walk in love with people even if they are your adversary. Perhaps this seems "crazy" to you but I say you have a better chance of winding up there having your heart filled with hate.
  6. Joined
    28 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 May '07 16:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    So your saying as long as I can murder someone without causing them to suffer its OK? What does suffering have to do with it?
    The point I was trying to make is that there is more than one criterium (human being, suffering, etc.) to determine whether abortion is acceptable or not. Whe should realize that every criterium is arbitrary. It's a matter of opinion, not of absolute truth.

Your opinion is: you should not abort, for the foetus is a human being (*).
    An other opinion could be: you should not abort as soon as the foetus has a nervous system (it may suffer from the abortion).
    A third opinion could be: the (future) mother decides what she wants, whenever she wants it.
    Etcetera, etcetera ..............

With regard to abortion, nobody has a monopoly on the truth. It's all opinions, as it is with so many things in life (the world would be a better place if theists would acknowledge this simple fact).

----------------------------
    (*) please note that every criterium to determine whether a foetus (in a certain stage of its development) is a human being is arbitrary too!
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 May '07 02:563 edits
    Originally posted by shavixmir

EDIT:
    And on t it a postcode and write its name in my addressbook all you want... it's a woman's choice.
    You would "have had Jesus put in a psychiatric institute to try to help him."

But you sound like it is yourself that you don't like very much.

Why do you call yourself "Guppy poo" (fish excriment?) and say that you live in the "Sewers of Holland?" You sound like someone who doesn't like him or herself very much. Can you help Jesus Christ?

Jesus is the kind of person who looks beyond a person's faults to see his needs. But some people who know and are disgusted with their faults end up only disliking themselves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree