1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 May '07 03:21
    I asked you this on another thread but have not heard a response as of yet. The question is why create threads in which you blantently attempt to blaspheme God and thereby offend those that believe in a God? Why do you fight something that is not there or, at least, something that you profess to believe is not there? Either deep down you think he exists and wish to pick a fight with him, which is in and of itself insane, or you simply like to offend those that attempt to worship and follow him. If the later is the case then why do you enjoy offending those that follow him? What is your beef with those that profess faith in God that would cause you to attack them in such a way?
  2. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 May '07 04:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    I asked you this on another thread but have not heard a response as of yet. The question is why create threads in which you blantently attempt to blaspheme God and thereby offend those that believe in a God? Why do you fight something that is not there or, at least, something that you profess to believe is not there? Either deep down you think he exists an ...[text shortened]... our beef with those that profess faith in God that would cause you to attack them in such a way?
    I am not answering for Shav, but I think he's just being original in his approach to show that God does not exist--never did. Many Christians, through their interpretation of the bible, would claim that God had proven his existence -- that he has appeared in his son, Jesus; indirectly in the form of causing the great flood; in the forms of miracles etc.

But what we want is no guessing game. When it's given in the bible that the 3 fellows followed the 'star', leading them to the birthplace of Jesus, we don't want to be left wondering the logic of that event. We don't want to be left guessing that that must have been a meteor, or was it some sort of UFO? Christians would probably say those are miracles by God.

The point is, why is so very difficult for God to show himself? Why go through all the drama of sending his son and let him be the scapegoat and die on the cross. Was it entirely necessary? Maybe God thought it's more convincing that way. Well, it's not. We don't find it very amusing in the least.
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    16 May '07 04:26
    I asked you this on another thread but have not heard a response as of yet. The question is why create threads in which you blantently attempt to blaspheme God and thereby offend those that believe in a God? Why do you fight something that is not there or, at least, something that you profess to believe is not there? Either deep down you think he exists an ...[text shortened]... our beef with those that profess faith in God that would cause you to attack them in such a way?
    God may not exist, but the effects of Christianity are there for all to see, for better or for worse.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 May '07 09:36
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    I am not answering for Shav, but I think he's just being original in his approach to show that God does not exist--never did. Many Christians, through their interpretation of the bible, would claim that God [b]had proven his existence -- that he has appeared in his son, Jesus; indirectly in the form of causing the great flood; in the forms of miracles e ...[text shortened]... s more convincing that way. Well, it's not. We don't find it very amusing in the least.[/b]
    Well God has shown himself physically on many occasion just as in the day of Moses and Christ yet that did not detour those living during that time to loose faith even though he "proved" himself to them did it? Also, these rants in no way prove that God does not exist. There are but two possibilities in my view and that is either God does not exist or he is merciful, longsuffering and loving just as we see in the example of Christ, even to those who blaspheme his name.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '07 10:40
    I asked you this on another thread but have not heard a response as of yet. The question is why create threads in which you blantently attempt to blaspheme God and thereby offend those that believe in a God?
    Why are you offended when someone blasphemes God? It just doesn't make sense to me. It only seems to make any sense if deep down you think that God does not exist and that he is making fun of your imaginary constructs.
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 May '07 11:38
    Well God has shown himself physically on many occasion just as in the day of Moses and Christ yet that did not detour those living during that time to loose faith even though he "proved" himself to them did it? Also, these rants in no way prove that God does not exist. There are but two possibilities in my view and that is either God does not exist or he is ...[text shortened]... ring and loving just as we see in the example of Christ, even to those who blaspheme his name.
    So you are convinced that God really did appear physically on many occasions during the days of Moses? OK, let's assume that He really did; and that didn't convinced people of those days. So how does God go about proving himself? Send a scapegoat to be sacrificed on the cross? Think about it for a minute. Does that really sound like a more viable approach for the purpose of convincing people? To me, it doesn't sound like a very clever thing to do, but more so to a know-it-all being I'd say.

And by the way, if he failed to convince everyone by appearing in person, I'm sure he'd have at least convinced some people. I think if God appeared before me right now, I might just become convinced myself! Just because he failed to convince people in the past, it didn't mean that killing his own son was the a better option. If he is really clever, I'm sure he could have figure out a much more effective way!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 May '07 16:04
    So you are convinced that God really did appear physically on many occasions during the days of Moses? OK, let's assume that He really did; and that didn't convinced people of those days. So how does God go about proving himself? Send a scapegoat to be sacrificed on the cross? Think about it for a minute. Does that really sound like a more viable approach f ...[text shortened]... on. If he is really clever, I'm sure he could have figure out a much more effective way!
    Well let's suppose all that above (I call it BS but what the hay) is correct and JC and the boys went to heaven, etc. So what if the only people who get the voice today are dudes like Jerry Falwel? David Koresh? Jim Jones. What would that say for the sanity of such a god?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 02:182 edits
    So you are convinced that God really did appear physically on many occasions during the days of Moses? OK, let's assume that He really did; and that didn't convinced people of those days. So how does God go about proving himself? Send a scapegoat to be sacrificed on the cross? Think about it for a minute. Does that really sound like a more viable approach f on. If he is really clever, I'm sure he could have figure out a much more effective way!
    God sent Christ as a scapegoat? I thought that Christian theology teaches that Christ was God in the flesh? Oh well, shows how much I know.

As far as God "proving" himself, who really cares? I mean, did it stop Adam and Eve from loosing faith? They walked and talked with him the garden yet lost faith in him. As far as God proving himself during the time of Moses just look at the plagues released to set the Israelite people free. Look at the pillar of fire they followed by night and the cloud of smoke by day. Look at the entire Red Sea parting before them so that they might escape and then watched the same sea engulf the pursuing Egyptian army. Look at manna coming down as dew from heaven for them to eat when they asked God to feed them. And what did they end up doing? Thats right, they built a golden calf to worship in God's stead. 🙄

I am convinced without a doubt that seeing is not believing. Belief has more to do with mere facts. For example, when Christ was on the cross there were two theives on the cross beside him. Both were in the same predicterment and both were guilty of their crimes and both were going to die. Both had the same facts to work with, however, both did not respond to their predicerment the same way and processed those facts as differently as night and day. One reached out to Christ and asked him to remember him in paradise and the other cursed him to his face "Shav style" and yelled at him IF he be the Son of God to get them the @&*@& off this #@&*@**#@ cross!!!

Having said all of that, how about getting back on topic? My whole beef is that it is unecessary to insult and belittle what people hold dear no matter how silly it may be to you and/or me. What say you? I think it fair to assume that Shav is not going to respond or he would have by now. I can't say I blame him.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 May '07 06:40
    Because I hate you. All of you.
    You are worthless scum who need the piss ripped out of you.

It's got nothing to do with gods, fairies or Santa-ffing-claus... it's you and your religious ilk.
    You are all stupid scum and walking proof that we need more abortions.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 May '07 06:44
    Well God has shown himself physically on many occasion just as in the day of Moses and Christ yet that did not detour those living during that time to loose faith even though he "proved" himself to them did it? Also, these rants in no way prove that God does not exist. There are but two possibilities in my view and that is either God does not exist or he is ...[text shortened]... ring and loving just as we see in the example of Christ, even to those who blaspheme his name.
    Right...
    So, I come down off a hill and say: "Lo and behold my darlings, God just had a one-on-one with me and sent us an extra 5 commandments!"

A: You are going to believe me?
    B: You are going to up my medication?

See...
    Now, back in the days of Moses...ooooh...way before you were born, people had this EXACT same choice (well, less of the drugs and more of the leper camps, I would presume). And since they chose the road of believing Moses, it can only be PR.
    Pre-AD PR at its very best.

And so having some pre-historic Rupert Murdoch have one or other second-rate scribe write up a PR document, years and years after the actual "deed" occured isn't really proof. Is it? It's not really...well...trustworthy...
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 12:54
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Because I hate you. All of you.
    You are worthless scum who need the piss ripped out of you.

It's got nothing to do with gods, fairies or Santa-ffing-claus... it's you and your religious ilk.
    You are all stupid scum and walking proof that we need more abortions.
    Shav, so glad you could make it! So all Christians are stupid scum? What did I ever do to you? What have other "Christians" ever done to you? I get the sense that because those of faith oppose such things as abortions based on moral objections that this is, in large part, where most of your hatred comes from, no? Who are we to tell others what is moral or not moral? Am I right?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 12:59
    Right...
    So, I come down off a hill and say: "Lo and behold my darlings, God just had a one-on-one with me and sent us an extra 5 commandments!"

A: You are going to believe me?
    B: You are going to up my medication?

See...
    Now, back in the days of Moses...ooooh...way before you were born, people had this EXACT same choice (well, less of the drugs ...[text shortened]... e actual "deed" occured isn't really proof. Is it? It's not really...well...trustworthy...
    Shav, you are not required to believe in ANYTHING. All that you are required to do is pay taxes and die. Outside of that no one is forcing anything on you.
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 May '07 12:53
    Shav, you are not required to believe in ANYTHING. All that you are required to do is pay taxes and die. Outside of that no one is forcing anything on you.
    I do believe I know various christians who are trying to force laws against abortion and so, based on rubbish that was written thousands of years ago...
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 May '07 11:431 edit
    I do believe I know various christians who are trying to force laws against abortion and so, based on rubbish that was written thousands of years ago...
    So that is your beef with Chrisitians? Need I remind you that this issue is not one based soley upon religion. It is a question of science as well. Is it or is it not a human being? That is the question. Assuming they "proved" to you that it was a human being, would you then be in favor of making it illegal? It seems to me that ALL morals are based upon morality. If it is a human being who says that is a good enough reason to not kill it? In fact, why not just kill anyone that looks at you funny? Why is it immoral? Our laws, for good or bad, state that murder is wrong. If the unborn is a human being then they should be covered by such laws as well, no?

I am not attempting to create a thread about morality, rather, I am simply pointing out that ALL laws are based upon some kind of morality and as members within a particular society we are obligated to put our two cents in. If we don't then thats our bad. Then when it is all said and done that society will vote upon which morality is favored as a consensus and turn them into law. So long as we all obey the laws of the land and pay our taxes this is our right no matter if we are religious or not religious. Just because you do not hold to a particular religion in no way indicates that your morality is better than mine, does it?

Having said all of that, it seems to me that it all boils down to tolerance. Granted, I know of some intolerant and obnoxious religious folk that is comparible to your intolerance for religion in general, however, that does not mean that either position is preferable. It seems to me that Christ was the most tolerant person on the face of the planet. I mean, just look at what they did to him and look at his response to it. Father forgive them for they know not what they do? I just hope you would not be one of those intolerant folk spitting on him and demanding that he be killed. As for me, he is my example through which I live my life. Why is that so bad?
  15. Joined
    28 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 May '07 18:30
    Is it or is it not a human being? That is the question.
    Wrong!

Your question is just A question, not THE question.

With regard to abortion, a different question could be: does the foetus have a nervous system yet? In other words: does it suffer when it is aborted?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree