1. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 17:42
    I haven't been involved in this calling out of 'sumy' or even read it.

But I tell you guys what. In private he is an incedibly dignified caring person.

If you wanna get on his has. you'll get the worst of Mikelom of the last 6 years, and if that doesn't shiiite you up...... I have better knives in my back! As most of you well know.

Now leave off my mate!!!

-m. 😠 😠
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 17:56
    Originally posted by mikelom

But I tell you guys what. In private he is an incedibly dignified caring person.

If you wanna get on his has. you'll get the worst of Mikelom of the last 6 years, and if that doesn't shiiite you up...... I have better knives in my back! As most of you well know.

Now leave off my mate!!!

-m. 😠 😠
    Aw, that is so sweet! But here we periodically call people out when we want to argue with them. And we're not debating his dignity and care, so relax.
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 19:28
    You relax in 1.5m of sewerage and snakes and crocs and cholera. You do it!
    At least this man had the decency to pray for the people of Thailand.
    What did you pray for: Lotto win?
    Don't tell me to relax when you are just out for an argument, cos if that's what you want Mr Bar sworn oath, I'll pick you apart like a sieve, cos I'm swimming in one, and I see the way out - you aint even been in it yet!!

-m.
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 19:41
    Don't tell me to relax when you are just out for an argument, cos if that's what you want Mr Bar sworn oath, I'll pick you apart like a sieve, cos I'm swimming in one, and I see the way out - you aint even been in it yet!!

-m.
    I merely sent money, as you requested. Would the people of Thailand have preferred prayer? If so, then you should have made that clear for us atheists.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 20:49

Now leave off my mate!!!

-m. 😠 😠
    You should at least read it. What if I had been calling out sumydid to tell him that I think he is an incredibly dignified, caring person? Then you'd have egg on your face!

In seriousness, though, I was not trying to disparage or vilify his character. I was just trying to bring some debate to him. I think this will become more apparent if you read it.
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 21:02
    Originally posted by bbarr
    I merely sent money, as you requested. Would the people of Thailand have preferred prayer? If so, then you should have made that clear for us atheists.
    IF

First : that is truth, then I sincerely thank you, and the people who's help it reaches.

Second: Thais pray also, to their icon and Lord.

-m.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 18:543 edits

-m.
    For one to say they have prayed for others is to offer naught other than a vacuous platitude.
    If some omnipotent/omniscient/omni-whatever-else god is going to step in and do something to ease the plight of those suffering in Thailand it will not have resulted from some bloke sitting in his room with clasped hands asking this god if he will please, pretty please, with cherries on top, do something to help them out - and any sensible Christian should know this.

Indeed any private thoughts on my part that the flooding in Thailand is a horrible thing that is happening, and sombre acknowledgement that my circumstances are better carries no less weight than someone else's prayers.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 19:07
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]At least this man had the decency to pray for the people of Thailand.
    For one to say they have prayed for others is to offer naught other than a vacuous platitude.
    If some omnipotent/omniscient/omni-whatever-else god is going to step in and do something to ease the plight of those suffering in Thailand it will not have resulted from some bloke sittin ...[text shortened]... wledgement that my circumstances are better carries no less weight than someone else's prayers.[/b]
    James 5:16 .... pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:24
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]".., that "even IF" God were to do such a thing, by His very nature it would have to be for the greater good."

I get what you're saying sumy, but I think I see a contradiction. The God of the Bible is Just. All His acts are righteous. So, therefore, God can only do that which is according to His nature, which excludes evil, and blinding children is ...[text shortened]... hteous, that He is then also Just and righteous to do evil.

Does that make sense to you?[/b]
    What we may see as evil. God can turn into good. Do you agree with that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree