1. Wat?
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    And once again I will repeat this:

There is no one so blind, as the person who refuses to see.

And the madness disease of atheism, is a direct cause of this.

Attain spiritual knowledge and you will be able to see and understand everything, like all persons on the spiritual path.

Spiritual knowledge is free and its there for the taking.......but who is taking?
    So you are, by definition, calling all Buddhists blind and lacking in spirituality?

Go do one! 😠

You're talking out of your jacksy.

If anybody is blind here, it is you! 😏

Oh, and by the way, there are 376 Million Buddhists you are calling 'mad'. I suggest you never set foot in Thailand, for one place!
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 13:02
    Originally posted by mikelom
    So you are, by definition, calling all Buddhists blind and lacking in spirituality?

Go do one! 😠

You're talking out of your jacksy.

If anybody is blind here, it is you! 😏

Oh, and by the way, there are 376 Million Buddhists you are calling 'mad'. I suggest you never set foot in Thailand, for one place!
    I dont call atheists mad, the Bhagavad Gita does as follows:

BG Chpt 14. Vs 9

"O son of Bharata, the mode of goodness conditions one to happiness; passion conditions one to fruitive action; and ignorance, covering ones knowledge, binds one to madness."

Buddhists are ignorant of their factual spiritual position.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 17:07
    I dont call atheists mad, the Bhagavad Gita does as follows:

BG Chpt 14. Vs 9

"O son of Bharata, the mode of goodness conditions one to happiness; passion conditions one to fruitive action; and ignorance, covering ones knowledge, binds one to madness."

Buddhists are ignorant of their factual spiritual position.
    You have been insulting people since you arrived here - including calling atheists "mad".

Don't now hide behind some scripture as an excuse for your actions - a brief look around the world today will quickly demonstrate where that abdication of responsibility gets you.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 21:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You have been insulting people since you arrived here - including calling atheists "mad".

Don't now hide behind some scripture as an excuse for your actions - a brief look around the world today will quickly demonstrate where that abdication of responsibility gets you.
    They are mad....mad with illusion and bewildered.

Mad people dont know what to do, and what not to do.....their mad.

Mad people believe that the rotting body is self, which is false.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 23:06
    They are mad....mad with illusion and bewildered.

Mad people dont know what to do, and what not to do.....their mad.

Mad people believe that the rotting body is self, which is false.
    We're back at Troll Bridge aren't we - you get off here...
  6. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 17:14
    Thank you for your question, it may be the first sincere question that anyone has ever asked in this forum:

The body and brain are dull matter or dust in the wind, and the mind is a subtle element that is actually an all pervading mental energy that pervades the dull matter called the brain.

We are not our mind, but we use the mind as a tool, and mi ...[text shortened]... within the body if it is too badly damaged, through the event of severe trauma (car accident)
    Dear Vishy,

I have a numerous further questions about your response to my initial questions. I'll ask these one by one.

Question 1:

You say the brain is "dull matter". You also say that the mind is "mental energy that pervades the dull matter".

Clarification? By saying that mind is "mental energy", do you mean to imply that it is not physical energy? Or do you allow that it could be?

Best wishes,

IshDaGegg
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 19:54
    Originally posted by IshDaGegg
    Dear Vishy,

I have a numerous further questions about your response to my initial questions. I'll ask these one by one.

Question 1:

You say the brain is "dull matter". You also say that the mind is "mental energy that pervades the dull matter".

Clarification? By saying that mind is "mental energy", do you mean to imply that it is not physical energy? Or do you allow that it could be?

Best wishes,

IshDaGegg
    Well thank you for your queries, and I will endeavor to answer all your questions, and remember that anything I present can be backed up by the Vedanta Sutra.

I was on a train once and it stopped suddenly in the middle of no where, and after a while I got off as did some others to see what was the delay.......and to my surprise I saw a man who had been hit by the train and his brains where all over the track.

Those brains left undisturbed would eventually wither and dry up, becoming dust in the wind.

Mental energy is a subtle material energy just like intelligence and false ego.

Bhagavad Gita presents: Cht7 vs4

"Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego - all together these eight comprise My separated material energies"
  8. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 20:06
    Well thank you for your queries, and I will endeavor to answer all your questions, and remember that anything I present can be backed up by the Vedanta Sutra.

I was on a train once and it stopped suddenly in the middle of no where, and after a while I got off as did some others to see what was the delay.......and to my surprise I saw a man who had bee ...[text shortened]... intelligence and false ego - all together these eight comprise My separated material energies"
    So, are you asserting that mental energy is, at base, a form of physical energy? Or not?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 20:58
    So, are you asserting that mental energy is, at base, a form of physical energy? Or not?
    I myself will not assert anything, but my understanding from the Vedanta Sutra is, that mind is a "subtle" material energy,..... and ARE we both agreeing that the word material, and the word physical mean the same thing?

What is physical?....is it something solid that you can touch, because if it is, then can you touch ether?

You can touch ether, but can you feel ether?

So is physical something you can only feel?......or not.

The main difference between the material energy and the spiritual energy is, that the material is the animated, and the spiritual is the animator.

And the material energy goes from gross (bricks) to the most finest subtle material energy (intelligence)

To answer the question I would have to have your definition of the word "physical"
  10. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 18:09
    I myself will not assert anything, but my understanding from the Vedanta Sutra is, that mind is a "subtle" material energy,..... and ARE we both agreeing that the word material, and the word physical mean the same thing?

What is physical?....is it something solid that you can touch, because if it is, then can you touch ether?

You can touch ether, bu ...[text shortened]... gence)

To answer the question I would have to have your definition of the word "physical"
    One hallmark of the physical is the property of extension; one hallmark of the mental is the lack thereof.

My brain is physical. It occupies a space. You can say "here it is" and point to its coordinates. No other thing can occupy that same space while my brain does so.

My mind is mental. It does not occupy a space. You cannot say "here it is" and point to its coordinates. There is no competition for space between one mind and another, because they do not occupy space.

Physical energy can be defined as a variant of matter, as a type of material thing that pushes other matter around.

Mental energy is harder to characterize. Is it a type of mental thing (motive, feeling?) that pushes other mental things (thoughts) around?

Do you think mental (spiritual) energy animates physical (material) matter? If so, how does it do so? How can something without extension affect (i.e., animate) something with extension?
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 04:08
    One hallmark of the physical is the property of extension; one hallmark of the mental is the lack thereof.

My brain is physical. It occupies a space. You can say "here it is" and point to its coordinates. No other thing can occupy that same space while my brain does so.

My mind is mental. It does not occupy a space. You cannot say "here it is" and po ...[text shortened]... do so? How can something without extension affect (i.e., animate) something with extension?
    Ether occupies the same space as your brain......by way of pervading it.

It is this medium (ether) that "thought forms" travel, and is where mind exists by its all-pervasive quality.

Mind is a subtle material energy, hence where "thought forms" are generated.

Intelligence is the power of deliberation, and the mind accepts or rejects

Anyway my knowledge of this subject is limited, because I have not considered exploring it much deeper, because my main concern is living the spiritual life, to return home back to Godhead.

I could know not one thing about the mind, and still be successful in my spiritual life.

The Vedic teachings have millions and millions of verses giving knowledge in many departments....but the British and the Germans have destroyed over 90% of these texts (envious I suppose) ....so many texts are not available for reverencing.

But thats alright because the instructions for living the spiritual life are still intact.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 10:49
    Ether occupies the same space as your brain......by way of pervading it.

It is this medium (ether) that "thought forms" travel, and is where mind exists by its all-pervasive quality.

Mind is a subtle material energy, hence where "thought forms" are generated.

Intelligence is the power of deliberation, and the mind accepts or rejects

Anyway my ...[text shortened]...
    But thats alright because the instructions for living the spiritual life are still intact.
    Your brain is pervaded by ether?

😕
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 12:49
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Your brain is pervaded by ether?

😕
    That would explain a lot🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree