Can a 'True' Christian recognise another?

Can a 'True' Christian recognise another?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
13 Nov 06
1 edit

I'm intrigued as to whether those of dj2becker's ilk - claiming that there is only one true version of Christianity (theirs by definition) - are able to recognise other 'true' christians. If so, is it by secret power? What other processes might allow a satisfactory assessment of potential brothers in god?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by Starrman
I'm intrigued as to whether those of dj2becker's ilk - claiming that there is only one true version of Christianity (theirs by definition) - are ablet o recognise other 'true' christians. If so, is it by secret power? What other processes might allow a satisfactory assessment of potential brothers in god?
I believe there's a secret handshake and matching pieces of a Jell-O box involved.

N

The sky

Moves
13 Nov 06
1 edit

I'm intrigued as to whether those of dj2becker's ilk - claiming that there is only one true version of Christianity (theirs by definition) - are ablet o recognise other 'true' christians. If so, is it by secret power? What other processes might allow a satisfactory assessment of potential brothers in god?
I guess they could simply ask God.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Nov 06

He Truly can.

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
13 Nov 06

Also, how can this SECRET SIGNAL or whatever be used to pose convincingly as a true Christian? In particular, is the SECRET SIGNAL such that such a ruse would contradict god's omniscience?

I think there must be JESUS PHEROMONES which true Christians use to smell each other.

Moves
13 Nov 06
1 edit

I'm intrigued as to whether those of dj2becker's ilk - claiming that there is only one true version of Christianity (theirs by definition) - are able to recognise other 'true' christians. If so, is it by secret power? What other processes might allow a satisfactory assessment of potential brothers in god?
There are plenty of nominal Christians that go to Church, but have never experienced the power of God in their lives, convicting them of sin, righteousness and judgment. They have never turned their backs on sin and their old lives. A true child of God is one who has been cleansed and justified.(in spiritual terms) They are very easy to recognize. The outward appearance will tell the whole story.

N

The sky

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
There are plenty of nominal Christians that go to Church, but have never experienced the power of God in their lives, convicting them of sin, righteousness and judgment. They have never turned their backs on sin and their old lives. A true child of God is one who has been cleansed and justified. They are very easy to recognize. The outward appearance will tell the whole story.
What do true children of God look like? Are they just cleaner than others?

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
What do true children of God look like? Are they just cleaner than others?
On the inside, yes. 😉

What is on the inside shines forth on the outside.

s

Moves
13 Nov 06

There are plenty of nominal Christians that go to Church, but have never experienced the power of God in their lives, convicting them of sin, righteousness and judgment. They have never turned their backs on sin and their old lives. A true child of God is one who has been cleansed and justified.(in spiritual terms) They are very easy to recognize. The outward appearance will tell the whole story.
Hallelujah - eye iz saved.

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by sugiezd
Those who are really saved will show it with the way they live their life. Anybody can mouth those words.

N

The sky

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by sugiezd
The spelling looks promising. But I can't see if you are clean.

s

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
The spelling looks promising. But I can't see if you are clean.
Now you've hurt my feelings.:'(

m

Moves
13 Nov 06

Couple of personal experiences:
At a company seminar in Florida I was sitting in class the first day & noticed a guy sitting in the back of the room & thought he was a Christian. That night when all of us were walking down the street to a restaurant, he said you’re a Christian aren’t you. He was a deacon in his church.

I was standing in front of a hotel in St. Louis & saw a well-dressed man walking down the street & the thought crossed my mind he was a preacher. Not an ordinary one, but an old-fashioned Gospel preacher. As he approached the hotel entrance, he said “Hello” to a couple of people standing around. When he passed me to enter the hotel, he laid a hand on my shoulder & said “Praise the Lord. How you doing?” That’s when I noticed he was wearing a name tag that identified him as “Reverend -------“

The Holy Spirit recognizes Himself in others, Iguess.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by masscat
Couple of personal experiences:
At a company seminar in Florida I was sitting in class the first day & noticed a guy sitting in the back of the room & thought he was a Christian. That night when all of us were walking down the street to a restaurant, he said you’re a Christian aren’t you. He was a deacon in his church.

I was standing in front of a ho ...[text shortened]... at identified him as “Reverend -------“

Where's a "puke" smiley when you need one?

M

Moves
13 Nov 06

Ummmm what?