1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 11:36
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I should clarify, when I say 'True' Christian I refer to a particular type of Christian that some of the forum's posters have defined above and beyond the everyday claim to belief. Like I say, I'll try and find the appropriate post from before.
    Hmmm, I just said something like that in another thread. I don't think anyone is a good Christian, when they impose on others more than they should. They omit faith when they need to control. It should be balanced, but that could be hard when they go from a church and then into other places. God should still survive any environment if Christians have humility.
  2. London
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 18:27
    I'm intrigued as to whether those of dj2becker's ilk - claiming that there is only one true version of Christianity (theirs by definition) - are able to recognise other 'true' christians. If so, is it by secret power? What other processes might allow a satisfactory assessment of potential brothers in god?
    Post-death co-habitation of Paradise.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 20:041 edit
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Post-death co-habitation of Paradise.
    Okay, so if I don't want to wait, I'd have to kill the person in question first, and then kill myself. If my brand of Christianity says "once saved, always saved", it's that simple. If my brand of Christianity says you need to repent your sins before you die, I'll have to choose a suicide method which ensures that I'll still have time to repent. If my brand of Christianity says that God might not like such tricks, it would probably safer to wait.

There's another possible problem - what if the other person ends up in a region of Heaven far away from mine? I would guess that Heaven must be quite big. Is there a reception where I can ask, and are they allowed to answer, or do they have to keep such information confidential?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 20:08
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Okay, so if I don't want to wait, I'd have to kill the person in question first, and then kill myself. If my brand of Christianity says "once saved, always saved", it's that simple. If my brand of Christianity says you need to repent your sins before you die, I'll have to choose a suicide method which ensures that I'll still have time to repent. If my brand ...[text shortened]... , and are they allowed to answer, or do they have to keep such information confidential?
    Maybe there's a map at the entrance.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 20:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Maybe there's a map at the entrance.
    That won't help if you don't know the address.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 20:37
    That won't help if you don't know the address.
    At some cemeteries in the states, there's a small building at the front with a map dividing the graves into sections. Then there's a little ATM looking thingy where you can enter the name of the deceased you're looking for and it will give you the section they are in. I'm sure God could use this system for Heaven; it's not like He can be sued for patent infringement.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 21:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    At some cemeteries in the states, there's a small building at the front with a map dividing the graves into sections. Then there's a little ATM looking thingy where you can enter the name of the deceased you're looking for and it will give you the section they are in. I'm sure God could use this system for Heaven; it's not like He can be sued for patent infringement.
    There's still the confidentiality issue, though. They might not be willing to give out personal information, especially considering that the person you are looking for is someone you have just murdered.
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 21:16
    I'm intrigued as to whether those of dj2becker's ilk - claiming that there is only one true version of Christianity (theirs by definition) - are able to recognise other 'true' christians. If so, is it by secret power? What other processes might allow a satisfactory assessment of potential brothers in god?
    It's the scent of fear and self-loathing that tips off Christians to the presence of their brethren.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 21:19
    Originally posted by bbarr
    It's the scent of fear and self-loathing that tips off Christians to the presence of their brethren.
    Says the one person who knows better than anyone what self-loathing is all about. Now that's priceless. 😵
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 21:36
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Says the one person who knows better than anyone what self-loathing is all about. Now that's priceless. 😵
    It's not me who thinks that humankind is essentially wicked and in need of redemption, nor that redemption required the bloody sacrifice of an innocent, nor that minor cultural transgressions can be properly punished by death, nor that our moral exemplar is en entity that ordered genocide.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 22:24
    It's not me who thinks that humankind is essentially wicked and in need of redemption, nor that redemption required the bloody sacrifice of an innocent, nor that minor cultural transgressions can be properly punished by death, nor that our moral exemplar is en entity that ordered genocide.
    Not essentially wicked? Please explain the Holocaust.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 00:48
    There's still the confidentiality issue, though. They might not be willing to give out personal information, especially considering that the person you are looking for is someone you have just murdered.
    HIPPA alive and well in Heaven? Heaven forfend!
  13. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 09:00
    Precisely. JESUS PHEROMONES.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 10:302 edits
    According to the Bible (Mark 16)...

16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/mk/16.html#17

So...Christians perform exorcisms, make up new languages, carry snakes around, are immune to ingested poison, and can cure disease by laying on hands. That's how you know who they are.
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 10:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    they shall speak with newt tongues;
    Are these forked or not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree