1. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 00:50
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Mary is the daughter of God the Father, the mother of God the Son and the bride of God the Holy Spirit.
    Ahmem. . .I had my tassels up Mary's petticoat long before God the Son was a twinkle in God the Fathers holy eye. "God almighty. . .the holy spirit said."
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 05:05
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    So Jesus is the grandson of God the Father?
    It's a myth.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 06:21
    Was Jesus illegitimate or do such things not apply to son's of God?
    Can Marys other children and all their descendants claim to be related to God?
  4. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 08:21
    God is the father of Jesus. Mary concieved Jesus making her his earthly mother. Joseph was to be the earthly father of Jesus to raise him. God cannot be married, have parents or have siblings. He can, however, have children by humans accepting Jesus as their Saviour. Since we are not above or equal with God, we can only be lower, making us "children".

The next time there will be a Psychiatric Ward for Christians, the rapture will have happend.

You also need to learn to spell P.S.

P.S. I will not kiss any of you.
  5. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 08:53
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    God is the father of Jesus. Mary concieved Jesus making her his earthly mother. Joseph was to be the earthly father of Jesus to raise him. God cannot be married, have parents or have siblings. He can, however, have children by humans accepting Jesus as their Saviour. Since we are not above or equal with God, we can only be lower, making us "children".

T ...[text shortened]... will have happend.

You also need to learn to spell P.S.

P.S. I will not kiss any of you.
    Forget whatever you have learnt so far. Sounds rubbish and unnecessary information to me.
  6. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 09:58
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Sounds rubbish and unnecessary information to me.
    Rubbish, no.
    Unnecessary information to you, maybe.
  7. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 04:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 13:091 edit
    If anyone is serious about the subject can God have sons, a few observations.

1.) Sons should not mean MALES. Sons of God means to have the same life and nature of God.

Just for the record, "sons and daughters" of God is mentioned in Paul's letter of Second Corinthians in which he quotes what seems to be a combination of Hosea 1:10 and Isa. 43:6:

Therefore, "come out from their midst and be separated, says the Lord, and do not touch what us unclean; and I will welcome you"
    "And I will be a Father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty." (2 Cor. 6:17,18)

Did you get that? " ... and you will be sons AND DAUGHTERS to Me"

But most places just refer to sons of God. So we conclude sons includes male sons and female sons.

2.) This is a more important point. If God cannot have sons then I don't think there would be a universe in existence at all. The strong implication of Ephesians is that creation exists for the purpose that God would have sons. That is human beings who receive into them His life and His nature to be "organically" a part of His divine being.

If God could not have sons, I don't think He would have created the universe. And the existence of the universe suggests strongly that God can have sons.

Now why? Because His desire to have sons pre-existed the creation of the universe. AND it seems that it was based upon this deire that all things were created:

"Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love, predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will ..." (EPh. 1:4,5)

He chose some human beings "before the foundation of the world" unto "sonship".

Before He laid the foundation of the world, i.e. created the universe, He had a plan and a good pleasure to mark out the destiny of some people to be His sons - "unto sonship"

The means through which His sons, with sonship, can be created is "through Jesus Christ" the unique Son of God.

Since God made this choice before the foundation of the world, this strongly implies that the foundation of the world was lain for this "eternal pupose" of God to have sons.

Revelation 4 tells us that for God's will and because of His will all things were created and exist:

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, for You have created all things, and because of Your will they were, and were created." (Rev. 4:11)

God willed to have sons before the foundation of the world. And because of God's will all things were created. So I conclude that if God could not have sons of God there would be no reason for the universe or anything to exist.
  9. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 20:37
    Originally posted by jaywill
    If anyone is serious about the subject can God have sons, a few observations.

1.) Sons should not mean MALES. Sons of God means to have the same life and nature of God.

Just for the record, "sons and daughters" of God is mentioned in Paul's letter of Second Corinthians in which he quotes what seems to be a combination of [b]Hosea 1:10
    a ...[text shortened]... God there would be no reason for the universe or anything to exist.[/b]
    That's too much frivolous information. Can you sum up your main idea in a few sentences please?
  10. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 21:17
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    Ahmem. . .I had my tassels up Mary's petticoat long before God the Son was a twinkle in God the Fathers holy eye. "God almighty. . .the holy spirit said."
    Joseph was known for the quality of his wood.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 21:463 edits
    That's too much frivolous information. Can you sum up your main idea in a few sentences please?
    Since I assumed you derived the concept of God's sons from the book which mentions that a lot, the Bible, I gave you some reply based on the Bible.

Maybe you derive your concept of "God's sons" from Archie comic books, I don't know. But my answer is from the Bible.

If you are too lazy for a careful review of the most relevant passages on the subject from the Bible then this concise reply was not for you.

Perhaps you just want an answer out of thin air. In that case just ask around for anybody's random opinion and run with that. It doesn't really matter what kind of answer you get, does it? As long as your frivolous curiosity is tickled who cares what kind of answer you get.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 21:582 edits
    ...or a daughter, a dad, a mom, an uncle an aunt, nieces, granparents?

Everybody has the right to have it, I think God should be able too.

Therefore, Jesus is definately son of God.

But wait, what is Mary then?

edit: I think it's impossible to understand God with our ape-like brains.
  13. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 22:12
    Since I assumed you derived the concept of God's sons from the book which mentions that a lot, the Bible, I gave you some reply based on the Bible.

Maybe you derive your concept of "God's sons" from Archie comic books, I don't know. But my answer is from the Bible.

If you are too lazy for a careful review of the most relevant passages on the subject ...[text shortened]... it? As long as your frivolous curiosity is tickled who cares what kind of answer you get.
    This is too long too. 🙁
  14. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 22:12
    [b]...or a daughter, a dad, a mom, an uncle an aunt, nieces, granparents?

I should have realized this poster is too stu ...[text shortened]... daughters of God from the Book which seems to discuss such things repeatedly over 1600 years.[/b]
    The poster does not believe the stupid creation theory, sucker!
  15. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 22:221 edit
    [b]...or a daughter, a dad, a mom, an uncle an aunt, nieces, granparents?

I should have realized this poster is too stu daughters of God from the Book which seems to discuss such things repeatedly over 1600 years.[/b]
    *I think it's impossible to understand God with our ape-like brains.*

For someone who believes this, you are not short on definitive assertions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree