1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 18:22
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    My dad is not a bible man, but i have asked him if he would ever invest in gold on numerous occasions. He says that gold is very risky to invest in.
    According to the Bible there will be a time that even gold will be thrown into the streets because of being useless. It doesn't seem that way now but if you had $$$$$$ in gold but no one to buy it or trade goods for it, what good will it be?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 19:07
    Originally posted by galveston75
    According to the Bible there will be a time that even gold will be thrown into the streets because of being useless. It doesn't seem that way now but if you had $$$$$$ in gold but no one to buy it or trade goods for it, what good will it be?
    Its a very useful metal.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 21:44
    Originally posted by Dasa
    No one is coming..........this is a story by the church to get everyone to be good just like all the children are good when they expect Santa Clause to come on Christmas day.
    "
    Its a physiological ploy to have everyone have a continuous "be good" mind set, just in case Jesus turns up on your door step .

Time to leave the stories behind and reject the erro ...[text shortened]... should be re-written and without the error, and then and only then, it will have some potency
    And what errors are you speaking of exactly?
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 05:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    My dad is not a bible man, but i have asked him if he would ever invest in gold on numerous occasions. He says that gold is very risky to invest in.
    $1427.90 (USD) as of Friday per ounce Not a bad investment at all 🙂

Manny
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 05:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its a very useful metal.
    Agreed it's a great conductor of electricity plus it's obvious beauty for jewelry.

Manny
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 07:44
    Originally posted by menace71
    Agreed it's a great conductor of electricity plus it's obvious beauty for jewelry.
    It's usefulness in jewelry is largely due to the fact that it does not corrode easily. This is one of the properties that makes is to important in electronics. Coper and other metals are good conductors, but are not so good for contacts that will be exposed to the air.

It is also very malleable making very thin sheets possible.

If the price of gold dropped, it would be used in many more applications.

It is practically guaranteed that the price of gold will never drop below that of copper regardless of how much Gold is mined.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 18:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It's usefulness in jewelry is largely due to the fact that it does not corrode easily. This is one of the properties that makes is to important in electronics. Coper and other metals are good conductors, but are not so good for contacts that will be exposed to the air.

It is also very malleable making very thin sheets possible.

If the price of gold ...[text shortened]... at the price of gold will never drop below that of copper regardless of how much Gold is mined.
    Nice I knew it had numerous applications and is a soft metal. I have a ring made from Tungsten Carbide it's supposed to be super strong.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree