1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 23:59
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Well, there's a lot in the Bible. And not realizing its full scope can lead to distortions.

I think I would like to see what angles some others might have on the OP.
    I presume you feel you a free from these distortions?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 11:39
    @divegeester

No, I don't think my understanding of the Bible is completely free from some distortions.

Were you expecting me to say my interpretations are infallible?
    Years ago I wrote more than once that my interpretations of the Bible are not infallible.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 11:47
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

No, I don't think my understanding of the Bible is completely free from some distortions.

Years ago I wrote more than once that my interpretations of the Bible are not infallible.
    "Years ago I wrote more than once that my interpretations of the Bible are not infallible."

Or indeed your own interpretations.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 11:593 edits
    @divegeester

The problem you have in here sonship is that you are speaking to a tiny group of people who either already subscribe to your errors, or are atheists, or like suzianne and myself think you are just wrong. I also think you are an error susceptible sectist. Your quoting of scripture is empty rhetoric.

Suzianne is not combative with me. She disagrees and goes her way satisfied with her own view over mine.

You like to hurl slanderous insults at Christians when you disagree with them. Ie I'm sadistic with a sadistic version of Jesus. When I further defend then what I wrote in reaction to these parting shots, you don't like it.

You say I think I am THE teacher of the Bible here.
    I do not think of myself as THE sole teacher here. Perhaps in your mind I am THE teacher who most annoys YOU because you have trouble defeating what I taught.

I have a reason for the interpretations that are within me and can state so. You don't like that I am able to do that. Ie. "Just lie down and let me trample over you on my way out of the debate. Don't bounce up again."

Perhaps as long as you attempt to take parting punches at me I will do the time consuming foolishness of exposing that your view is not that good.

Try sometime just saying you cannot BELIEVE that conscious eternal punishment could be used by God. Try it sometime without a final slanderous insult against one who takes a different view because of face value words of the Bible.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 12:272 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Me: "Years ago I wrote more than once that my interpretations of the Bible are not infallible."
    Ghost:
    Or indeed your own interpretations.

One's interpretations may be good and better, or less likely and worse.

When pressed I don't mind explaining why an interpretation is better than another.

SOMETIMES ... SOMETIMES God told one of His servants that he was not to pity or shed tears for an act of divine judgment.

That is simply a fact. And I interpret this fact to indicate that human pity is not ALWAYS aligned with the righteous truth of God.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 12:301 edit
    Ghost,

You occasionally delve into the Bible. Go read of God's disciplining the two sons of the priest Aaron. Read about Nadab and Abihu in Levitcus chapter 10.

They offered "strange fire" to the Lord breaking the strict regulation. These were Aarons two boys. When they were punished Aaron was not to shed a tear. God was STRICT in this instance.

God says "I shall be regarded as HOLY ..." No excuses for the priests drawing close to God in the carefully prescribed service.

"And fire came out from before Jehovah and consumed them, and they died before Jehovah,

Then Moses said to Aaron, This is what Jehovah spoke, saying,

In those who come near to Me I will be sanctified, And before all the people I will be glorified.

And Aaron was silent." (Lev. 10:2,3)
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 14:23
    @sonship said
    Ghost,

You occasionally delve into the Bible. Go read of God's disciplining the two sons of the priest Aaron. Read about Nadab and Abihu in Levitcus chapter 10.

They offered "strange fire" to the Lord breaking the strict regulation. These were Aarons two boys. When they were punished Aaron was not to shed a tear. God was STRICT in this instance.

God says ...[text shortened]... ied, And before all the people I will be glorified.

And Aaron was silent." (Lev. 10:2,3) [/quote]
    Sorry sir, I'm having one of my leprosy days.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 14:31
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I apologized.
    You said your humanitarian sensibilities forgave me.

Are you still going to bring it up?
    Well, that's your choice.

But, to put things in perspective .. WE ALL are as lepers in ourselves before God. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Let's just say I want to be like the one leper Jesus healed from the TEN that He healed. One came back and worshipped Jesus the Healer with thanksgiving.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 14:41
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I apologized.
    You said your humanitarian sensibilities forgave me.

Are you still going to bring it up?
    Well, that's your choice.

But, to put things in perspective .. WE ALL are as lepers in ourselves before God. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Let's just say I want to be like the one leper Jesus healed from the TEN that He healed. One came back and worshipped Jesus the Healer with thanksgiving.
    You mean your post where you said you 'possibly' crossed the line?

And it doesn't surprise me that you seek biblical support to lessen the leprosy insult. You did the same thing when you called Rajk an idiot and then provided biblical quotes to mitigate your insult.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 14:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    And it doesn't surprise me that you seek biblical support to lessen the leprosy insult. You did the same thing when you called Rajk an idiot and then provided biblical quotes to mitigate your insult.
    He did the same thing when he said my ideas were "faeces" and "germs" being spread by my "unclean dog nature".
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 14:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    And it doesn't surprise me that you seek biblical support to lessen the leprosy insult.
    It's always struck me as a very tawdry way to use purportedly "holy" scripture.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 19:42
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Oh how humble of you sonship.

Your biblical interpretations are not “completely” free of distortions.

Funny stuff.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 19:431 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

The problem you have in here sonship is that you are speaking to a tiny group of people who either already subscribe to your errors, or are atheists, or like suzianne and myself think you are just wrong. I also think you are an error susceptible sectist. Your quoting of scripture is empty rhetoric.

Suzianne is not combative with me. She dis ...[text shortened]... l slanderous insult against one who takes a different view because of face value words of the Bible.
    It is my honest opinion that your “biblical interpretations” are a mile off truth.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 20:322 edits
    @divegeester
    It is my honest opinion that your “biblical interpretations” are a mile off truth.

Better. I accept that that is your honest opinion.

See? Was that hard?

No "You sadistic torture loving monster !!"
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 06:45
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Suzianne is not combative with me. She disagrees and goes her way satisfied with her own view over mine.
    Suzianne is not combative with you because she likes you, not because she agrees with you.

You know this to be true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree