Can we see God?

Can we see God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 May 05

Matthew 5:8 - Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

I believe this in the reason why many people cannot see God. I went hiking in the Drakensburg mountains during the weekend. When I looked at the mountains and nature around me, I could only marvel at the handiwork of God.

Psalms 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

I believe it is only when God has given you a pure heart that you will see Him. I saw Him this weekend. I saw Him in His creation.

PD

Arizona, USA

Moves
14 May 05

I have heard there is a Jewish tradition that if you look at God, you are permanently blinded. I am not sure if there is scriptural support for this tradition, though.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by dj2becker

I believe this in the reason why many people cannot see God. I went hiking in the Drakensburg mountains during the weekend. When I looked at the mountains and na ...[text shortened]... u will see Him. I saw Him this weekend. I saw Him in His creation.[/b]
That's not seeing God. God looks like humans supposedly. We're made in his image right?

Moves
14 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
That's not seeing God. God looks like humans supposedly. We're made in his image right?
That's not seeing God.

I believe that the God of the Bible is dynamic: He often acts differently; now full of love, then again as avenger. For that reason we may not make images of Him. Because he is the creator, God is totally different from man; He is unrecognizable to sinful man. Logical understanding and intellect of the sinful man cannot explain Him: the intellect is a part of creation, and how can creation, explain the Creator to the sinful man who rejects the Creator?

God looks like humans supposedly. We're made in his image right?

We are created in "God's Image". That is why got also has emotions like we do. He also experiences pain and joy. I don't think that he has the exact physical image or appearance that we humans do.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 May 05

I believe that the God of the Bible is dynamic: He often acts differently; now full of love, then again as avenger. For that reason we may not make images of Him. Because he is the creator, God is totally different from man; He is unrecognizable to sinful man. Logical understanding and intellect of the sinful man cannot explain Him: the intellect is a part ...[text shortened]... f creation, and how can creation, explain the Creator to the sinful man who rejects the Creator?
He is unrecognizable to sinful man.

Wow. So you must be without sin then right? Since you recognized him.

Moves
14 May 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
[b]He is unrecognizable to sinful man.

Wow. So you must be without sin then right? Since you recognized him.[/b]
He cleansed my heart form sin. He gave me a pure heart. He can do the same for any other human being. That is why the "pure in heart" shall see God.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 May 05

[b]That's not seeing God.

I believe that the God of the Bible is dynamic: He often acts differently; now full of love, then again as avenger. For that reason we may not make images of Him. Because he is the creator, God is totally different from man; He is unrecognizable to sinful man. Logical understanding and intellect of the sinful man cannot ex ...[text shortened]... n and joy. I don't think that he has the exact physical image or appearance that we humans do. [/b]
It seems to me you're interpreting the Bible. I thought you read it literally?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 May 05
1 edit

I believe it is only when God has given you a pure heart that you will see Him. I saw Him this weekend. I saw Him in His creation.

I love how you scoff at my 'talks' with Muffy, but you want me to believe that you looked upon God.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
14 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
[b]I believe it is only when God has given you a pure heart that you will see Him. I saw Him this weekend. I saw Him in His creation.

I love how you scoff at my 'talks' with Muffy, but you want me to believe that you looked upon God.

[/b]
It's so very cool, now not only can we hear about how lucky a very few people are to be saved... now we get God sightings.

ES

L

Moves
15 May 05
1 edit

I believe this in the reason why many people cannot see God. I went hiking in the Drakensburg mountains during the weekend. When I looked at the mountains and nature ...[text shortened]... u will see Him. I saw Him this weekend. I saw Him in His creation.
DJ2,

i am not sure what you mean when you say that you saw god. from what i gather, it sounds like you only saw the beautiful aspects of that which we call 'mother nature'. it seems that telerion could have seen the same views and come to the conclusion that he 'saw' muffy.

(btw, i have no idea what muffy is, but i find it humorous how many on this site throw the name around like it should mean something to me. does anyone know which archived threads display the formulation of the idea of 'muffy'?)

but back to the point, i think any atheist could also have gone hiking and marveled at the many beautiful things about nature. at first, you say you saw his 'handiwork', but then you take it further and say that you saw god himself. what is the distinction between the two for you?

PD

Arizona, USA

Moves
15 May 05

When you look at a photo of a baby born with some horribly disfiguring birth defect, which deities (if any) do you see?

PD

Arizona, USA

Moves
15 May 05

I saw a dragon in my garage today.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~jcosta3/article_dragon.htm

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 May 05

Originally posted by Paul Dirac

I have one too... but that web page makes me sound like a nut. Carl is a jerk.

ES

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
15 May 05

Originally posted by Paul Dirac

well, that would explain the odd odour ...

e

Moves
15 May 05

Originally posted by telerion

Telerion, are like-minded followers of the superbeing called Muffy known as "Muffins?"

Inquiring minds need to know...