1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 23:16
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Amen and amen. Those who have the Spirit of God are able to not only discern right from wrong interpretations of the Bible, but to recognize others who also are Spirit indwelt. I know exactly who they are in these forums, and who they are not. They will tell you the same thing. That does not mean that we may agree totally on some minor points. But we DO agree on the vital ones.
    Amen to that.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 23:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I came across a mention that Jesus was sinless in another thread and it got me thinking about this thread.
    If Jesus was God and sin is acting contrary to Gods will then he was sinless by definition. So saying Jesus was sinless is a virtually meaningless tautology.
    Jesus was indeed the incarnate God of creation. But He was also a man. The reason Jesus was sinless was because He didn't have a human father. The sin nature we are all born with is past down through the father.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 23:42
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Amen and amen. Those who have the Spirit of God are able to not only discern right from wrong interpretations of the Bible, but to recognize others who also are Spirit indwelt. I know exactly who they are in these forums, and who they are not. They will tell you the same thing. That does not mean that we may agree totally on some minor points. But we DO agree on the vital ones.
    You claim that you people have the Spirit of God, but yet you disagree on certain points in the Bible. Isnt the Spirit of God supposed to be all-powerful? I suggest that you are possessed with some other spirit.

The only way to know who has the Spirit of God is through their works, and you cannot see that through the internet. Your claim therefore of knowing exactly who have the Spirit of God is worthless.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 23:51
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You claim that you people have the Spirit of God, but yet you disagree on certain points in the Bible. Isnt the Spirit of God supposed to be all-powerful? I suggest that you are possessed with some other spirit.

The only way to know who has the Spirit of God is through their works, and you cannot see that through the internet. Your claim therefore of knowing exactly who have the Spirit of God is worthless.
    Romans 8:16
    The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 18:06
    Originally posted by Rajk999

============================================
    ============================================

Yes, by receiving Jesus Christ one receives the Spirit of God.

You have to allow God the freedom for how He chooses to manifest Himself. The housewife or the teenager or the man who receives the Spirit of God will not because of that immediately appear on the top of Mt. Sinai in smoking terrifying splendour just because God is Almighty.

For 30 years God expressed Himself in the man who was a carpenter. He blended in with the towns people in quite a normal way, except that He was free from sin. He displayed God's wisdom in a very human way.

God can express Himself in the housewife, in the office person, in the teenager, in the elderly person in quite a human way. There will be a time when we will be glorfied and be in a supernatural splendour. But you must not think that suddenly an all powerful God will only manifest Himself within man as He did to the prophet Elijah or Moses.

God loves to be human. He became a man.

As for the unity of the Body of Christ, this is something that Jesus says the believers are being "perfected" into.

"And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, tht they may be one, even as We are one;

I in them, and You in Me, that they may be PERFECTED into one ..." (John 17:22,23)

This perfecting into oneness is therefore a process. It is a transformation and a journey.

Again Paul says of the believers "Until we all ARRIVE at the oneness of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, at the full-grown man, at the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ" (Eph. 4:13)

This also is a matter of growth and process. We are in the process of being perfected into oneness. We are in the process of arriving at the full measure of a full grown expression of Christ.

============================
    =====================================

I agree that to actually live with someone is to really know them. However the fruits of the Spirit can also be perceived in what one writes. So the proclamation that one has the Spirit of God is not altogether "worthless."

Some people effected by the Spirit of God flowing through Paul never saw his face. They were still touched with the fragrance of Christ manifested in his letters.

"For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those in Laodicea, even all who have not seen my face in the flesh." (Col. 2:1)

They were opened to God. The were opened to Paul's ministering to them. And they benefited from this openess even though they had not physically seen the Apostle Paul.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree