do you wear funny hats?
    Catholics wear funny hats.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 14:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Catholics wear funny hats.
    only the pope and some grand wizard of the inner council. so we recognize them and be in awe.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 15:402 edits
    I said that I'd like to think I learn something in Internet Discussion Forums

perhaps if, like i said, both parties keep their posts arrogance free and logical fallacies free, we just might.

Speaking of YEC, this stuff discovered about still soft tissue inside fossils supposedly 60 million years old, is something to think about.

Isn't hard to imagine soft organic tissue (red blood cells) could last 70 Million YEARS ?!?

Here's the NOVA version -
    YouTube

Mary Switzer what are you doing to us ??
    YouTube
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 18:57
    Originally posted by sonship
    Speaking of YEC, this stuff discovered about still soft tissue inside fossils supposedly 60 million years old, is something to think about.

Isn't hard to imagine soft organic tissue (red blood cells) could last 70 Million YEARS ?!?
    I for one have no idea how long soft tissue should last. Even YEC's must accept that there have been no dinosaurs around for the last 100 years. So if it is genuinely soft tissue, (I believe it is still disputed), then it has been around at least 100 years - and that is agreed by everyone. So what would cause it to not last 200 years, 2000 years, 2 million years? I personally do not know what processes are involved. I know that soft tissue open to the air usually undergoes oxidation and bacterial activity breaks it down etc but in a sealed container? I have no idea? Do you?
    Being 'hard to imagine' is simply not a good enough reason to dismiss something.
    And the alternative - that all our information regarding dinosaurs and rock dating and fossilization is wrong is much harder to explain than soft tissue lasting a long time.
    As for the whole YEC concept, you have to throw out 90% of science to accept that, so there is really no point discussing it in relation to science or scientific evidence as YEC's have rejected the core tenets of science and most of the findings too.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 21:57
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    only the pope and some grand wizard of the inner council. so we recognize them and be in awe.
    Girls used to wear doilies on their heads when they forgot a hat because there's some rule about women having their heads covered in Church.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 22:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I call it the way and Christianity.

The Instructor
    It might be a type of Christianity, but it's not MY Christianity.

My Christianity does not judge or make up the 'truth' as it goes along, trying to put labels on what the Bible says.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 22:42
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Girls used to wear doilies on their heads when they forgot a hat because there's some rule about women having their heads covered in Church.
    They used to accept being second-class citizens, too.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 23:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It might be a type of Christianity, but it's not MY Christianity.

My Christianity does not judge or make up the 'truth' as it goes along, trying to put labels on what the Bible says.
    I was responding to Zahlanzi's claim that I must be a member of a cult since I was not part of the Roman Catholic Church. Maybe, unknown to you, some Christians are capable of judging. You apparently are not.

The Instructor
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 02:281 edit
    Can Modern Science Prove the Existence of God ? (What radical atheists don't want you to know)

To me is a QUESTION, not and announcement.
    And this Jesuit scientist gives an excellent talk on it.

YouTube
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 06:18
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]Can Modern Science Prove the Existence of God ? (What radical atheists don't want you to know)

To me is a QUESTION, not and announcement.
    And this Jesuit scientist gives an excellent talk on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJqn-QjdEKg[/b]
    The following documentary video seems to explain the same idea in a slightly different way.

YouTube

The Instructor
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Nov '13 17:32
    The following documentary video seems to explain the same idea in a slightly different way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1x-6al2pE

The Instructor
    Well, they certainly use the echo mechanism effectively .. effectively.. effectively .. effectively.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Nov '13 17:372 edits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1x-6al2pE

The Instructor
    I am about half way through. I cannot see the difference in terms of the fine tuning of constants.

What was the difference you were referring to ?

There are using as backround music for much of it, I believe, American composer Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings arranged for a vocal chorus.

Am I right ?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Nov '13 18:121 edit
    I got to the part about "The golden ratio" being found in quantum physics suggesting ID.

around 51.00

And they keep singing Barber's Adagio .. Barber's adagio .. Barber's Adagio .. Barber's Adagio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree