1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 13:08
    What percenyage of Catholic Priest are pediphiles ? I seems like around fifty percent or more. Everyday I hear a new charge of child molestation from one of these religious creeps . The Catholic Church seems to be a refuge for those with a sexual problem. What normal man would want to take a vow of celibacy ?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 15:31
    Originally posted by buckky
    What percenyage of Catholic Priest are pediphiles ? I seems like around fifty percent or more. Everyday I hear a new charge of child molestation from one of these religious creeps . The Catholic Church seems to be a refuge for those with a sexual problem. What normal man would want to take a vow of celibacy ?
    As far as I know, there are is no statistical evidence to support a claim that there are more pedophiles amoungst catholic priests than amoungst priest of other denominations that do not take celibacy vows, or even compared to the male population in general.
    Until such statistics are available, I think you should assume that you are suffering from reporting bias ie you are more likely to hear about pedophilia if a Catholic priest was involved.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '12 10:38
    Originally posted by buckky
    The percentage of Catholic priests who abused children is around the same as any other denomination. The Catholic hierarchy in their infinite wisdom though decided to just move priests on and sweep the problem under the carpet instead of reporting the crimes to the appropriate authorities.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Feb '12 21:28
    pedophiles are attracted to organizations/places where there are a lot of young boys and girls entrusted to their care or where they hang out and where opportunity more readily presents itself.

watch for:
    religious organizations.
    scouting organizations.
    schools.
    day care.
    sporting organizations.
    parks.
    your own family.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree