1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 02:29
    What does it mean to be Christain? Love God with all your heart, Know that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, Love your neighbor as yourself, Know that Jesus died for my sins; rose from the dead and assended into heaven. Know that Jesus, was, is and always will be my God.

Catholics believe and know this too!
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 06:17
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    What does it mean to be Christain? Love God with all your heart, Know that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, Love your neighbor as yourself, Know that Jesus died for my sins; rose from the dead and assended into heaven. Know that Jesus, was, is and always will be my God.

Catholics believe and know this too!
    Do Roman Catholics follow the teachings of Christ Jesus?

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/catholic_vs_bible.htm

The Instructor
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 07:281 edit
    Our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified and die on WEDNESDAY

YouTube

The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ was on Wednesday 1 of 2

YouTube

The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ was on Wednesday 2 of 2

YouTube

The Instructor
  4. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 07:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/catholic_vs_bible.htm

The Instructor
    No, the Pope is that funny guy who wears dresses, speaks some dead language and leads a congregation of 1.2 billion faithful adherents to worship the tortured, crippled and executed good man on a cross.
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 02:40
    The Instructor
    The Roman Catholics put together your holy, holy book. Did they not ??
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 22:53

The Instructor
    Im pretty sure that all the various Christian sects have their fair share of falsity in their doctrine. I used to be one to strongly Condemn Catholics for their Mary worship, their praying to statues, repetitive praying and stuff like that. But if you really look closely at your question ..do RCs follow the teachings of Jesus? and ask that of the doctrine you yourself preach then I would think that your doctrine falls short in more concrete and tangible ways than Catholicism.

Consider the seriousness of claiming that:
    - Im saved eternally and not even God can revoke it .. notwithstanding statements to the contrary by Christ and the Apostles
    - that good works and righteousness is filthy rags when Christ said the opposite
    - that sin would not be counted against you in the day of judgment when Christ said the opposite.

Christ looks at the heart of the believer and his desire to follow after His commandments, chief of which is to love God and love your neighbour as yourself .. this love manifests itself in good works, helping the poor and needy, visiting the sick, the orphans etc etc. This is how Christ said he will judge.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 07:32
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Im pretty sure that all the various Christian sects have their fair share of falsity in their doctrine. I used to be one to strongly Condemn Catholics for their Mary worship, their praying to statues, repetitive praying and stuff like that. But if you really look closely at your question [b]..do RCs follow the teachings of Jesus? and ask that of the doct ...[text shortened]... e poor and needy, visiting the sick, the orphans etc etc. This is how Christ said he will judge.[/b]
    I do not recall preaching any of those things. You must have misunderstood what I wrote. I clearly quoted the scripture that stated that he that endured to the end shall be saved.

I also am not as hard on Roman Catholics as the website I referenced. However, it is very difficult to find one that agrees exactly with what I believe.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 07:391 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    The Roman Catholics put together your holy, holy book. Did they not ??
    The Holy Bible I use is a protestant bible and not the same as the Roman Catholic Bible. I believe all the books in the Holy Bible were approved by the Universal Christian Church.

The Instructor
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 08:06
    The Holy Bible I use is a protestant bible and not the same as the Roman Catholic Bible. I believe all the books in the Holy Bible were approved by the Universal Christian Church.
    The Instructor
    The holy, holy book was originally put together by the Catholic Church. Protestants didn't even exist when it was put together. Your protestant bible is just a variation of the original Catholic bible. Only much newer. That is a fact. You are not going to let your beliefs get in the way of the facts ? 🙄🙄🙄
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 08:101 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    The holy, holy book was originally put together by the Catholic Church. Protestants didn't even exist when it was put together. Your protestant bible is just a variation of the original Catholic bible. Only much newer. That is a fact. You are not going to let your beliefs get in the way of the facts ? 🙄🙄🙄
    I do not know all the facts. However, I accept that the Protestant Bible version contains inspired scripture, whereas the Roman Catholic Bible contains doubtful books that may not be inspired scriptures.

The Instructor
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 11:01
    I do not recall preaching any of those things. You must have misunderstood what I wrote. I clearly quoted the scripture that stated that he that endured to the end [b]shall be saved.

I also am not as hard on Roman Catholics as the website I referenced. However, it is very difficult to find one that agrees exactly with what I believe.

The Instructor[/b]
    So you are not one of the people who believe in the 'once saved always saved doctrine'? You must have changed your position in the last couple of months.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 11:02
    I do not know all the facts. However, I accept that the Protestant Bible version contains inspired scripture, whereas the Roman Catholic Bible contains doubtful books that may not be inspired scriptures.

The Instructor
    The Catholic Bible contains the books which Paul and the Apostles used when preaching to the Greeks, ie the Greek Septuagint. Is it your point that the Septuagint contains doubtful books?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 15:10
    Im pretty sure that all the various Christian sects have their fair share of falsity in their doctrine. I used to be one to strongly Condemn Catholics for their Mary worship, their praying to statues, repetitive praying and stuff like that. But if you really look closely at your question [b]..do RCs follow the teachings of Jesus? and ask that of the doct ...[text shortened]... e poor and needy, visiting the sick, the orphans etc etc. This is how Christ said he will judge.[/b]
    Here comes Sister Rajk and his ruler again.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And Fundamentalists claim the Bible says that the earth is 6,000 years old, too.

I listen to almost no one who claims they know what the Bible 'says'. Most of the time it says no such thing.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 16:342 edits
    So you are not one of the people who believe in the 'once saved always saved doctrine'? You must have changed your position in the last couple of months.
    I had pointed out to at least one of the JWs on here a long time ago that even though I was Baptized in a Souther Baptist Church at 12 years old that I never accepted the saying "once saved always saved" to mean that merely being baptized as a member of a church group meant one was saved. However, if one is saved without enduring to the end, I do not see how it is possible to be unsaved after being saved.

I claim to be a Christian, but I have never claimed to be saved yet.

The Instructor
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 17:05
    I had pointed out to at least one of the JWs on here a long time ago that even though I was Baptized in a Souther Baptist Church at 12 years old that I never accepted the saying "once saved always saved" to mean that merely being baptized as a member of a church group meant one was saved. However, if one is saved without enduring to the end, I do not see ho ...[text shortened]... saved.

I claim to be a Christian, but I have never claimed to be saved yet.

The Instructor
    How its possible to 'be saved' and then become 'unsaved is explained in Hebrews 6.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree