1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 09:27
    Can anyone come up with any spiritual, philosophical or even ideological wisdom rooted in the observation that 'Cats fight over food but not over milk'? What other feline attributes and behaviours can you distil to form the basis of aphorisms about the human condition?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 09:34
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Can anyone come up with any spiritual, philosophical or even ideological wisdom rooted in the observation that 'Cats fight over food but not over milk'? What other feline attributes and behaviours can you distil to form the basis of aphorisms about the human condition?
    Have you run out of reasons to "call out" Christians and so you resort to inviting them to prosecute themselves?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 09:40
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Have you run out of reasons to "call out" Christians and so you resort to inviting them to prosecute themselves?
    Any thoughts on this OP [which is not inviting Christians to prosecute themselves, by the way]?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 10:09
    I see Buddhist and humanist teaching in this quote from Walter Lionel George (author, A Bed of Roses)

“Cats know how to obtain food without labour, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties.”
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 12:20
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Do you ever take enough meds to keep your emotions in check?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 12:21
    I'm afraid I can't come up with much on this other than to observe that some in this forum like to fight over split sour milk.

How's that?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 13:42
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I think this bit of advice may have had a bit more authority to it if it actually came from someone who was able to keep their own emotions in check.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 18:50
    What other feline attributes and behaviours can you distil to form the basis of aphorisms about the human condition?
    Well, I hate the way this sounds, but I thought cats fought over pussy.

I think that pretty much sums up a pervading human condition.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 19:00
    In other news, I have finally stopped beating my wife.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 19:17
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    You married an egg?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 20:21
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You married an egg?
    No, she finally developed a solid endgame.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 09:231 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I think this bit of advice may have had a bit more authority to it if it actually came from someone who was able to keep their own emotions in check.
    Wow that’s a zinger Daniel.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 09:23
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Congratulations on obtaining one in the first place 😛
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 02:151 edit
    Wow that’s a zinger Daniel.
    Whatever you say, Habakkuk. Don't get too emotional about it.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 04:211 edit
    They are a group. Innate, sure, but they have rules that don't involve us directly. They are a sentient species that we like. They like us too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree