1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 13:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "i think you are over reacting"

... in what way does an applicable quote from the site owners with my supporting comment qualify as 'over reacting'?
    your claim that it was a 'personal attack' is an over reaction, a personal attack in my opinion is something more malicious, im not sure if you watched the youtube clip, but it contained nothing specifically offensive, other than a few swear words, which i pre-warned viewers. the title was alluding to the content of the video and calling somebody a caveman is hardly the most offensive thing in the world. so in my opinion your quote from the site owners was not 'applicable' and my claim that you are 'over reacting' is correct.

have you ever been banned from posting bobby?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so you like Huxely, what about,

“Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards.”

- Aldous Huxley, Ends and Means: An Inquiry into the Nature of Ideals and into the Methods Employed for Their Realization
    Your next thread, maybe, though I'm uncertain as to which RHP Forum. Read "Brave New World" in my early twenties; still think of passages and characters, even now. "Logan's Run" I enjoyed more so than "1984". (gb)
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:50
    so you like Huxely, what about,

“Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards.”

- Aldous Huxley, Ends and Means: An Inquiry into the Nature of Ideals and into the Methods Employed for Their Realization
    oh, im not a huge huxley fan. i just liked the quote you put up, it struck a chord.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:51
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    your claim that it was a 'personal attack' is an over reaction, a personal attack in my opinion is something more malicious, im not sure if you watched the youtube clip, but it contained nothing specifically offensive, other than a few swear words, which i pre-warned viewers. the title was alluding to the content of the video and calling somebody a cave ...[text shortened]... t you are 'over reacting' is correct.

have you ever been banned from posting bobby?
    Guess "caveman robbie" must meet the previously defined topic standards of this forum. Yes. Thanks for asking. (gb)
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 15:58
    or this,

“I had motives for not wanting the world to have a meaning; and consequently assumed that it had none, and was able without any difficulty to find satisfying reasons for this assumption. The philosopher who finds no meaning in the world is not concerned exclusively with a problem in pure metaphysics. He is also concerned to prove that th ...[text shortened]... ourselves in our erotic revolt: we would deny that the world had any meaning whatever.” - Huxely
    sounds like he's talking about people deciding to believe things because it suits their needs. something that i think a lot of people do, theist and atheist. i dont agree with his concept of meaningless, its like an oxymoron, he's giving his life meaning by applying a philosophy of meaninglessness. for him its really just a mental construct to act in a certain way.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 16:03
    Guess "caveman robbie" must meet the previously defined topic standards of this forum. Yes. Thanks for asking. (gb)
    really.....how interesting, have you been banned many times? what were you banned for? have you ever been banned for being abusive to other posters?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 17:161 edit
    I wonder if others also think that you chastising posters for inappropriate forum behaviour is somewhat hypocritical to say the least.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 17:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I wonder if others also think that you chastising posters for inappropriate forum behaviour is somewhat hypocritical to say the least.
    still moralising over others, at this rate you'll be canonised by the catholic church, patron saint of armchairs.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 21:57
    still moralising over others, at this rate you'll be canonised by the catholic church, patron saint of armchairs.
    When have I cast moral judgement over you robbie? I simply ask you questions about your cult religion which you refuse to answer.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 03:16
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    really.....how interesting, have you been banned many times? what were you banned for? have you ever been banned for being abusive to other posters?
    How many is 'many'? Varied (mostly a critical mass of Alerts from detractors). No. At the moment, I'm wearing Blackwatch Plaid Pajamas and my favorite blue slippers (which were received as an unexpected gift when I was paralyzed and near death in February, 2011). And I got a haircut and shampoo Monday from Claudia; in the morning I plan to shave.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 03:42
    You unhappy?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 07:22
    You unhappy?
    On reflection of your multiple bannings over the years for repeated forum misdemeanours, do you think that preaching forum etiquette to other posters is somewhat hypocritical of you?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 07:29
    On reflection of your multiple bannings over the years for repeated forum misdemeanours, do you think that preaching forum etiquette to other posters is somewhat hypocritical of you?
    How frequently do you pray for gb?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 07:37
    How frequently do you pray for gb?
    I just think you should look at yourself and your own poor reputation here before pointing fingers at other posters.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 08:23
    I just think you should look at yourself and your own poor reputation here before pointing fingers at other posters.
    What people think and what God knows are two vastly different things. I keep short accounts: I John 1:9 is in play every day. His Approval matters eternally. The approval of an insecure, easily threatened and fickle herd is worthless. Bob

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree