1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 16:37
    It seems child abuse comes in at around 1 percent for all of humanity. So 7 billion people, that comes out to 70 MILLION cases per year of child abuse, most of them sexual. Just to put it in perspective.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 16:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It seems child abuse comes in at around 1 percent for all of humanity. So 7 billion people, that comes out to 70 MILLION cases per year of child abuse, most of them sexual. Just to put it in perspective.
    Fatal conceit in spades! How can the human race behave that way and perpetuate

such a carnal appetite and expect to dance away sans punishment and survive?

gb
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 02:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

gb
    I imagine some geneticist would come up with a rationale that would say the race is stronger genetically because of it or some such rot.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Nov '11 23:45
    Oddly enough 1% is the number of cases of schizophrenia. With all the attending criteria as well. It cuts across the board.

It's probably the same percentage for all kinds of problems we face. Considering the number of critical issues we face it could be said that only 1% of the worlds population doesn't have anything wrong with them.

πŸ™„
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 01:28
    Originally posted by josephw
    Oddly enough 1% is the number of cases of schizophrenia. With all the attending criteria as well. It cuts across the board.

It's probably the same percentage for all kinds of problems we face. Considering the number of critical issues we face it could be said that only 1% of the worlds population doesn't have anything wrong with them.

πŸ™„
    That high?
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 03:171 edit
    I'm sure there are at least 100 severe conditions and diseases involving the deviance of the mind, each affecting about 1% of the population.

So if we do the math, we....... um.......

*ahem* ......

πŸ˜•
  7. Utrecht
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 16:35
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I'm sure there are at least 100 severe conditions and diseases involving the deviance of the mind, each affecting about 1% of the population.

So if we do the math, we....... um.......

*ahem* ......

πŸ˜•
    Then God is not just love, but imperfection and a mess too πŸ˜‰
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 17:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

gb
    Simple. They conveniently do not believe in God. It's the way humans have slept more easily at night for thousands of years.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 01:14
    That high?
    I reckon it's low. (but it seems my definition of "shizophrenia differs to others)
  10. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 01:24
    Originally posted by Sake
    Then God is not just love, but imperfection and a mess too πŸ˜‰
    What would lead you to conclude that? Got an axe to grind, perhaps?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 01:241 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Simple. They conveniently do not believe in God. It's the way humans have slept more easily at night for thousands of years.
    Thats is a gross generalization and,correct me if you think I'm wrong, but that comment shows contempt for your "fellow" man. This is not the first time I have picked up contempt and a generally negative outlook for the plight of your fellow humans by you, (many of whom are supposed to be at the "Rapture" are they not?).
    I see that it is people like you that are the problems when faced with trying to unite the world.
    Seems simple unification (ceasing of wars, feeding of the starving, those basic immediate concerns of the world), are not good enough unless the the world is united under JC (or the biblegod,I forget which,it's a confusing issue,you know).

But is that not true? Would you accept true unity and justice of the world (as is the mandated of the united nations humans rights "thingy"(some of which is influenced by christianity), or would you only accept a unified world under God (or JC)? (You know what I meanπŸ™‚ )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree