1. Meddling with things
    Moves
    08 Oct '05 23:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Thanks Rat, after looking again, I don't see anything derogatory about Chinese. In fact it would be to their credit because the proverbs are true and witty. That is why they are humorous. Maybe it is Arvrk and others with perverted minds who see what we don't.
    Nevertheless, some of the people on this site are like a pack of wolves waiting on prey to p ...[text shortened]... e.
    And Kirk, you surprised me. You, I thought were wiser than to follow the pack like that.
    😞
    You just don't get it do you? So vaudeville racist sterotypes are OK in your circles? Fine, I'll just lower the respect levels when I read your posts accordingly. No worries.
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    08 Oct '05 23:20
    Originally posted by RatX
    Ok, let's get spiritual...

Christianity condemns racism (love one another, love your neighbour as yourself, what you do to the least in your eyes you have done to Me, etc and so forth).

However, evolution teaches that some creatures are less evolved than others and led to the misconception that some races are better than others. Hitler used this in his r ...[text shortened]... isagree) I am mentally healthy despite not being a racist. And I'm not quite a fundee either...
    A fine post and timely reminder of the eugenics programmes of the 1930s
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '05 23:30
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    You just don't get it do you? So vaudeville racist sterotypes are OK in your circles? Fine, I'll just lower the respect levels when I read your posts accordingly. No worries.
    No, I don't get it. You are making this racist. It could have been any race. This was an e-mail I reveived. But like I said, it is not demeaning to anyone. What I do think is you are trying to make a big ado over nothing.
    Please retract your fangs, and just chill out. Relax, God still loves you.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 00:54

Christianity condemns racism (love one another, love your neighbour as yourself, what you do to the least in your eyes you have done to Me, etc and so forth).

However, evolution teaches that some creatures are less evolved than others and led to the misconception that some races are better than others. Hitler used this in his r ...[text shortened]... isagree) I am mentally healthy despite not being a racist. And I'm not quite a fundee either...
    Not frogstomp, I think you have a perfectly stable christian family, and that's your problem. How you solve it is also your problem, or even IF you solve it. btw it was solved 2000 years ago but the fundies won out around 325 too bad, too you might have been decent at gnosism but you got far too much baggage to ever be a Gnostic, or a Christian for that matter. 'Tis really a shame you might have been a good one too.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 05:40

However, evolution teaches that some creatures are less evolved than others and led to the misconception that some races are better than others. Hitler used this in his removal of the Jews (whom he thought to be "almost ape"😉 and many Aboriginies were killed and their skulls sent for "Scientific research" as well as the infamous and heartbreaking stor ...[text shortened]... as the genetic difference between the races is as insignificant as two people of the same race.
    I like the "however". Why exactly do you hate evolution so much? What do you make of Dr Scribbles demonstration that the TOE does not negate ID?

Evolution at that stage was the latest in a long line of excuses for racism. Previously, the extinct pseudo-science of phrenology was called on. Racists with a scientific bent favoured twisting science to suit their views; fundamentalist racists would twist something from the Bible (eg. British Israelism!). Or maybe mix and match a little. Clearly none of these racists knew what they were talking about. What an enormous red herring you have produced.
  6. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 07:56
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I like the "however". Why exactly do you hate evolution so much? What do you make of Dr Scribbles demonstration that the TOE does not negate ID?

Evolution at that stage was the latest in a long line of excuses for racism. Previously, the extinct pseudo-science of phrenology was called on. Racists with a scientific bent favoured twisting science to ...[text shortened]... these racists knew what they were talking about. What an enormous red herring you have produced.
    Well, very true in that many people twist faiths and theories to cover for their racism.

But when I handed it out to evolution, I did so because evolution has more convincingly and more often been used than Christianity in excusing racism. If by science of the day, you could somehow determine that another race is inferior to yours (Hitler had a massive scientific facility to research the inferiority of the Jews and Gypsies), one could use evolution as an excuse quite convincingly to like-minded people.

Christianity on the other hand, as I pointed out, condemns racism and anyone who somehow determined that another race is inferior, despite their arguments, would be condemned by Christians for holding a prejiduce as the value of a man is not his intelligence or abilities, but his soul according to Christianity.

I believe TOE and Creationism are incompatile - in fact, they are polar opposites.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 08:022 edits
    Christianity on the other hand, as I pointed out, condemns racism and anyone who somehow determined that another race is inferior, despite their arguments, would be condemned by Christians for holding a prejiduce as the value of a man is not his intelligence or abilities, but his soul according to Christianity.
    Ditto for rational (i.e. non-racist) scientists. Red herring.

How many Jews did Christians kill because "the Jews killed Jesus".

PS I'd appreciate your response to Dr. Scribbles' argument concerning the compatibility of TOE & ID. I'll bump it for you.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 12:20

...evolution teaches that some creatures are less evolved than others...

No it doesn't.
  9. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 12:46
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    A fine post and timely reminder of the eugenics programmes of the 1930s
    ...initiated by Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood. The woman had a deep prejudice for the African American. Check out her profile for a very non-religious and fundee ideology.

By the way, eugenics can be redefined as "controlled evolution".
  10. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 12:49
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]...evolution teaches that some creatures are less evolved than others...

No it doesn't.[/b]
    No it doesn't.

Huh? are you saying evolution has stopped? Are all creatures at their pinnacle? Read your post again, please...

Hmmm... this a serious blow to TOE. (*solemn cough*)
  11. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 12:54
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Not frogstomp, I think you have a perfectly stable christian family, and that's your problem. How you solve it is also your problem, or even IF you solve it. btw it was solved 2000 years ago but the fundies won out around 325 too bad, too you might have been decent at gnosism but you got far too much baggage to ever be ...[text shortened]... a Christian for that matter. 'Tis really a shame you might have been a good one too.
    Please stop prairie-doggying your gnosticism - it's "special, revealed knowledge". If you wish to impart it, do more than insult the less-privelaged and knowledgeable...

Thank you, though for the encouragement that I may actually be good at something. (*sniff*) I'll give your compliments to the rest of the family who apparently need solving...
  12. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 12:56
    Ditto for rational (i.e. non-racist) scientists. Red herring.

How many Jews did Christians kill because "the Jews killed Jesus".

PS I'd appreciate your response to Dr. Scribbles' argument concerning the compatibility of TOE & ID. I'll bump it for you.
    Yes, please tell me, how many did they kill with that motive? (*RatX sets stopwatch for propaganda link*)
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 15:371 edit
    Yes, please tell me, how many did they kill with that motive? (*RatX sets stopwatch for propaganda link*)
    I don't know if Wikipedia counts as a propaganda link, but here you go:

"At the end of World War II Kielce was entirely depopulated of Jews, but gradually some 200 Jews, mostly former residents, returned from the death camps and from their hiding places. They mostly lived in a single building, and waited to immigrate to Palestine.

On July 4, 1946, rumors spread that Jews were kidnapping children and using their blood to make matza. Anti-Jewish protests began outside the Jewish residences, and police entered the building and began shooting Jews and looting their homes. The Jews who fled were attacked by mobs on the street. Two Poles who attempted to help the Jews were also killed." (key words: pogrom + Poland + Jews)

So, with all due respect, "wipe your glosses".

EDIT: Such rumours were the basis for persecution of Jews in Poland & Russia for centuries. You can find out more yourself if you want.
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 15:441 edit

"At the end of World War II Kielce was entirely depopulated of Jews, but gradually some 200 Jews, mostly former residents, returned from the death camps and from their hiding places. They mostly lived in a single building, and waited to immigrate to Palestine.

On July 4, 19 ...[text shortened]... ersecution of Jews in Poland & Russia for centuries. You can find out more yourself if you want.
    The police and mob were christians? How terrible. Did they chant verses out of the Bible while they were clubbing Jews to death?
  15. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 15:47

On July 4, 19 ...[text shortened]... ersecution of Jews in Poland & Russia for centuries. You can find out more yourself if you want.
    Their actions were entirely contradictory to Christian teaching -
    This is beginning to sound like the old "Some Christians did some bad things, so despite the great good they've done to the world and humankind, their religion is racist, evil and stupid..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree