1. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 15:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The comparisons between Chinese and Biblical chronology are so many that many mythologists have admitted that they must have been inspired by the same source.
    Of course you just shot yourself in the foot.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 15:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Of course you just shot yourself in the foot.
    How so?
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 07:57
    How so?
    its all greek to me
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 17:40
    Originally posted by redbadger
    its all greek to me
    No, it is Chinese.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 23:11
    I've heard about this also that the ancient Chinese characters had depictions of Noah and the flood and some other items. The characters are more like pictographs I would say regardless of if this is true or not and apparently it is just a theory interesting no doubt

Manny
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 23:21
    My question is once again why did man and we still do through millennia of time use a 7 day cycle ? Where did that come from ?? hummmmm ?? I know people want to say it comes from the Lunation cycle or something but it seems odd that the whole world uses this same 7 day cycle for weeks.

Manny
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 23:251 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I've heard about this also that the ancient Chinese characters had depictions of Noah and the flood and some other items. The characters are more like pictographs I would say regardless of if this is true or not and apparently it is just a theory interesting no doubt

Manny
    The ancient Chinese were obviously just relating their traditional knowledge passed down after the flood as many other cultures did as they were spread out over the earth. I don't believe they were inspired by God in the same way that the Hebrew writers were as some mythologists conjecture, but the stories are obviously from the same tradition of a flood in which 8 people were saved on a big boat.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 23:50
    The ancient Chinese were obviously just relating their traditional knowledge passed down after the flood as many other cultures did as they were spread out over the earth. I don't believe they were inspired by God in the same way that the Hebrew writers were as some mythologists conjecture, but the stories are obviously from the same tradition of a flood in which 8 people were saved on a big boat.
    You seem to have an odd perception of things as if this is true I think it has more significance than the shroud of Turin but that is just my take on it and of course the Hebrew writers were inspired

Manny
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 00:052 edits
    You seem to have an odd perception of things as if this is true I think it has more significance than the shroud of Turin but that is just my take on it and of course the Hebrew writers were inspired

Manny
    According to the Jewish photographer that was with the scientific team that investigated the Shroud of Turin, the image on the Shroud would not be a graven image forbidden by the ten commandments because it is an image not made by human hands. The scientists determined that there is no way known to science to produce this image.

YouTube

Barrie Schwortz - Shroud of Turin - 2013-11-6

YouTube
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 07:10
    My question is once again why did man and we still do through millennia of time use a 7 day cycle ? Where did that come from ?? hummmmm ?? I know people want to say it comes from the Lunation cycle or something but it seems odd that the whole world uses this same 7 day cycle for weeks.

Manny
    Most ancient peoples knew about the lunar cycle and had months of about 28 days. The Chinese had two different cycles, one to match the lunar months and one to match the solar year. I am not sure when they started using 7 day weeks, but it highly likely they got it from the West which got it from Judaism.
    It is not particularly odd, given that Islaam and Christianity inherited that calendar and then spread it across the world. But it must also be noted that the Jews too inherited the calendar and did not invent it themselves, and their neighbors already had it by the time Christianity started spreading. I believe the Romans had an 8 day cycle originally then adopted a 7 day week prior to Christianity. They probably spread that around too.
    What may be of interest to you is that the names of the days and months are distinctly pagan in origin.

The main reason for uniformity today is because of colonization and the global economy.
  11. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 07:39
    My question is once again why did man and we still do through millennia of time use a 7 day cycle ? Where did that come from ?? hummmmm ??
    http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/04/the-origin-of-the-7-day-week-and-the-names-of-the-days-of-the-week/
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 20:181 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Most ancient peoples knew about the lunar cycle and had months of about 28 days. The Chinese had two different cycles, one to match the lunar months and one to match the solar year. I am not sure when they started using 7 day weeks, but it highly likely they got it from the West which got it from Judaism.
    It is not particularly odd, given that Islaam and ...[text shortened]... igin.

The main reason for uniformity today is because of colonization and the global economy.
    Names of the Days of the Week

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_the_days_of_the_week

What is so pagan about using the names of heavenly bodies for the days of the week?

Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;

(Genesis 1:14 NASB)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree