1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 May '17 01:09
    Originally posted by apathist
    I fuss against the idea that the hard way is the only way where we should move. So we agree? I don't care about your question, I just want to win the battle.
    Then I will give you the easiest path and yield: you win.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 May '17 12:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    So do you think it would be easier to install the windows and doors first, and maybe the electrics and water pipes, before moving on to the roof and leave the foundations till last?
    It was an analogy. The inference is that the hard part comes first with any task.

Like running a race. The goal is to cross the finish line first, but the hard training occurs long before the race. I'm speaking to the OP. No one does anything without laying in the foundation first.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 May '17 12:37
    Originally posted by apathist
    I just want to win the battle.
    The battle has already been won.

Just get on the right path and run the race.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '17 12:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    It was an analogy. The inference is that the hard part comes first with any task.
    The analogy of building the foundations of a house first is about doing things step by step, in the correct order. When you build a house, the foundations are not the most difficult part. Your analogy was a dud.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '17 12:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    No one does anything without laying in the foundation first.
    That it's supposedly the hardest task is not the reason why people work on the foundations first when they build a house.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree