Christ copied and pasted into man

Christ copied and pasted into man

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21

"But I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you, but if I go, I will send Him to you." (John 16:7)

The wonderful Comforter is Jesus Himself in a form in which He can be copied and pasted into all who believe in Him. And if in ANYTHING one needs comfort. He is the Comforter - in ANYTHING.

For He can live within us copying multiple copies of His living self and planting Himself into anyone who believes into Him.

It was expedient that He go to the cross and die for us.
It was not a disadvantage but an advantage. For if died for us He prepares a way God can come into man and build man into God.

What a comfort. What could be more of a comfort.

" . . . but if I go, I will send Him to you."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Dec 21
4 edits

@sonship said
"But I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you, but if I go, I will send Him to you." (John 16:7)

The wonderful Comforter is Jesus Himself in a form in which He can be copied and pasted into all who believe in Him. And if in ANYTHING one needs comfort. He is the Comforter[/b ...[text shortened]... comfort. What could be more of a comfort.

[b]" . . . but if I go, I will send Him to you."
Not even close. But then with the trinity muddying it it's no wonder.......

The “Helper”

Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper,” and he said it would teach, guide, and speak. (John 14:16, 26; 16:13) The Greek word he used for helper (pa·raʹkle·tos) is in the masculine gender. So when Jesus referred to what the helper would do, he used masculine personal pronouns. (John 16:7, 8) On the other hand, when the neuter Greek word for spirit (pneuʹma) is used, the neuter pronoun “it” is properly employed.

Most Trinitarian translators hide this fact, as the Catholic New American Bible admits regarding John 14:17: “The Greek word for ‘Spirit’ is neuter, and while we use personal pronouns in English he,’ his,’ him’ most Greek MSS [manuscripts] employ ‘it.’”

So when the Bible uses masculine personal pronouns in connection with pa·raʹkle·tos at John 16:7, 8, it is conforming to rules of grammar, not expressing a doctrine. ti pp. 20-23

The helper of comforter is the Holy Spirit of Jehovah, not Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

So is the Holy Spirit God?

When Ananias and Saphira conspired against the Holy Spirit is trying to show off that they were as consecrated as anyone else, Peter said that they did not lie to men but lied to God.

"But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to deceive the Holy Spirit and to put aside for yourself some of the proceeds of the land?

. . . You have not lied to men but to God." (see Acts 5:3,4)

If the Holy Spirit were just an nonpersonal force how could He be lied to?
Do you LIE to electricity?
That is just a force, an energy.

Ananias thought to "deceive the Holy Spirit". In doing so they had "lied to . . . God".

Does anyone contrive to deceive electricity?
That is just an impersonal force however you wish to speak of it.

Paul tell the Christians not to GRIEVE the Holy Spirit. That is to make the Person of the Holy Spirit unhappy with you.

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God . . . " (Eph. 4:30a)

Doe anyone grieve the law of gravity or grieve electricity ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
Not even close. But then with the trinity muddying it it's no wonder.......

The “Helper”

Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper,” and he said it would teach, guide, and speak. (John 14:16, 26; 16:13) The Greek word he used for helper (pa·raʹkle·tos) is in the masculine gender. So when Jesus referred to what the helper would do, he used masculine personal prono ...[text shortened]... sing a doctrine. ti pp. 20-23

The helper of comforter is the Holy Spirit of Jehovah, not Jesus.
<<The helper of comforter is the Holy Spirit of Jehovah, not Jesus.>>

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

(Romans 8:9)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

The believers are not only told not to GRIEVE the Holy Spirit.
It is also that they are not to QUENCH the Spirit.

This as a thirsty Person is has his thirst satisfied by our worship in spirit.
And to withhold this flowing out adoration of Jesus Christ is the quench the Spirit. That is to leave the Holy Spirit not only grieved but thirsty.

"In everything give thanks' for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you, Do not quench the Spirit" (1 Thess. 5:18,19)

The Holy Spirit is a living One. We Christians are not to GRIEVE Him and not to QUENCH Him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

(Romans 8:9)

Amen. I want to follow this revelation. And notice that the Spirit of Christ is Christ.
He is Christ in a form in which He can live within us.

"Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him, But if Christ in in you . . . " (Rom. 8:9,10)

The "Spirit of Christ" indwelling us is "Christ" indwelling us. Marvelous!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

What would happen if Christians everywhere continuously proclaimed - "Christ is in me. Christ is living in me. It is not longer I that live. It is Christ that lives in me." ?

Someone does not want Christians to see and learn that Christ lives in them.
Someone does not want the church to come into this realization.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21

@sonship

What would happen if Christians everywhere continuously proclaimed - "Christ is in me. Christ is living in me. It is not longer I that live. It is Christ that lives in me." ?

Maybe Satan would quickly send the village atheist to warn Christians that they are about to become prey to a snake oil salesman. Maybe Satan would send the village atheist to warn the Christians that they are falling into a cult.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Dec 21

@sonship said
@sonship

Maybe Satan would quickly ...[text shortened]... Maybe Satan would send the village atheist to warn the Christians that they are falling into a cult.
Perhaps Satan sent Witness Lee to corrupt fragile minds.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

How many red thumbs down does the New Testament generate, I wonder?

The Spirit is a living One because to be one with the human spirit He has to Himself be living.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

There you have it folks.

To repeat and believe the New Testament is to "corrupt fragile minds."

Now I know of one Internet skeptic who joined a website dedicated to trashing Witness Lee as an "X member" of the local churches.

He couldn't get along with even them. He had to get hounded our of the very group he should have felt quite at home with.

Maybe this dear one just has trouble blending in with ANYBODY.
Maybe this poor fellow is just use to being disgruntled malcontent who is mistreated by everyone in his mind.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Dec 21

@sonship said
How many red thumbs down does the New Testament generate, I wonder?

The Spirit is a living One because to be one with the human spirit He has to Himself be living.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)
Why do you pretend people are attacking the New Testament when they call out the corruptions of Witness Lee?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You haven't pointed out any corruptions. You didn't like the way some things were said. You couldn't prove they were not biblical.

Your opposition to the word of God needs a proxy to give it legitimacy in your rationalizing.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Dec 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Not everyone. YOU certainly.
Your opposition to the word of God needs a proxy to give it legitimacy in your rationalizing.
Witness Lee is a charlatan who has led you astray as has you openly corrupting the word of God.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Dec 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You haven't pointed out any corruptions.
I have pointed out numerous corruptions, the latest being your naive attempt to squeeze in the word God-ized, saying it is akin to godliness.