1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    12 Sep '13 13:36
    http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/c00_deceptions.htm
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    13 Sep '13 01:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/c00_deceptions.htm
    What delusion or deception are you particularly concerned about? We have already been warned to watch out for false prophets and false teachers, so what delusion or deception do you wish to discuss?

    The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    13 Sep '13 01:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What delusion or deception are you particularly concerned about? We have already been warned to watch out for false prophets and false teachers, so what delusion or deception do you wish to discuss?

    The Instructor
    Let's see, let me count the ways. Well how about the non-existent flood. Or the Resurection or virgin birth or 7 days of creation or the world is only 6000 years old. Or that women are worth 35 sheckels but a man is worth 50. That's a START.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    13 Sep '13 02:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Let's see, let me count the ways. Well how about the non-existent flood. Or the Resurection or virgin birth or 7 days of creation or the world is only 6000 years old. Or that women are worth 35 sheckels but a man is worth 50. That's a START.
    The only one of those that I see any problem with is that women are worth 35 sheckels but a man is worth 50. To me this would depend on the woman and the man. Maybe it was meant to be the other way around and you just don't understand it.

    The Instructor
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    13 Sep '13 11:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The only one of those that I see any problem with is that women are worth 35 sheckels but a man is worth 50. To me this would depend on the woman and the man. Maybe it was meant to be the other way around and you just don't understand it.

    The Instructor
    And maybe I understand it perfectly. So the only thing you see as even worth talking about is the disparity between men and women. Of course. And you only half believe that. That coming from someone who even doubts if your dna ends up in your progeny.
  6. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    16268
    13 Sep '13 11:07
    is your name sunhouse















    sonhouse, im here to help you find god! love ya xoxox





    '
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    13 Sep '13 11:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/c00_deceptions.htm
    If you don't want to believe in Christianity, then don't. Your facts and figures approach to this issue won't work, because too little evidence still exists. Somethings you have to take on faith...
  8. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    15 Sep '13 14:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Let's see, let me count the ways. Well how about the non-existent flood. Or the Resurection or virgin birth or 7 days of creation or the world is only 6000 years old. Or that women are worth 35 sheckels but a man is worth 50. That's a START.
    You know, you have been going on this rant for some time, thinking that a woman is worth less, or some politically correct mentality you have been brain washed with.
    There is a difference between a man and a woman, in case you did not know by now. Men are built different too. They are stronger and can do more physical work. Granted, in today's modern world there is a difference, but 3-5 thousand years ago, it took a lot of physical work to survive.
    Crops did not come from the super market, they had to be sown, plowing was involved, etc.
    You also take this record out of context, the worth of these people was for buying them back. Leviticus 27:1-13
    If a man consecrated himself, or a child, to the service of the tabernacle, to be employed there in some inferior office, as sweeping the floor, carrying out ashes, running of errands, or the like, the person so consecrated shall be for the Lord, that is, "God will graciously accept the good-will.

    But forasmuch as he had no occasion to use their service about the tabernacle, a whole tribe being appropriated to the use of it, those that were thus vowed were to be redeemed, and the money paid for their redemption was employed for the repair of the sanctuary, or other uses of it, as appears by 2 Kings 12:14, where it is called, in the margin, the money of the souls of his estimation.

    A book of rates is accordingly provided, by which the priests were to go in their estimation. Here is, 1. The rate of the middle-aged, between twenty and threescore, these were valued highest, because most serviceable; a male fifty shekels, and a female thirty, v. 3,4. The females were then less esteemed, but not so in Christ; for in Christ Jesus there is neither male nor female, Gal 3:28. Note, Those that are in the prime of their time must look upon themselves as obliged to do more in the service of God and their generation than can be expected either from minors, that have not yet arrived to their usefulness, or from the aged, that have survived it. 2. The rate of the youth between five years old and twenty was less, because they were then less capable of doing service,
    (from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible, PC Study Bible Formatted Electronic Database Copyright © 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All Rights reserved.)

    It had nothing to do with a bias or discrimination of woman. Your corrupt mind will never understand the truths in God's Word because you will not humble yourself and ask God to help you. You are just filled with hate towards God and His people and continually attack because you loathe yourself, not realizing how much God loves you and wants you to be redeemed.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    16 Sep '13 12:061 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You know, you have been going on this rant for some time, thinking that a woman is worth less, or some politically correct mentality you have been brain washed with.
    There is a difference between a man and a woman, in case you did not know by now. Men are built different too. They are stronger and can do more physical work. Granted, in today's modern wo ause you loathe yourself, not realizing how much God loves you and wants you to be redeemed.
    I disagree with you about the worth of women. The problem is, you and the rest of christianity think the bible written in stone. So the words written 3 odd thousand years ago don't work for today as you well know.

    BUT those words are still used today to perpetuate the desires of men who would keep their women down and womankind in general. THAT is the critique I make. Not that 3000 years ago women could not do the work of men, that is obvious.

    I am talking about the perpetuation of women as second class citizens where they can point to biblical references as proof. It is not proof, it is men thinking they are better than women using religious books as proof. It's a circular argument false from day one.

    For instance, in their calculation of man=50 and woman=30, did they take into that calculation that women bear the responsibility of keeping the human race going? No, that is not even in the argument. That is just taken as a given with no value put on it.

    Or the fact that women and only women can feed an infant from her own breasts, how many men can do that? But do you see that in the monetary calculation?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    16 Sep '13 21:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I disagree with you about the worth of women. The problem is, you and the rest of christianity think the bible written in stone. So the words written 3 odd thousand years ago don't work for today as you well know.

    BUT those words are still used today to perpetuate the desires of men who would keep their women down and womankind in general. THAT is the c ...[text shortened]... om her own breasts, how many men can do that? But do you see that in the monetary calculation?
    Obviously women are worth more than men in some ways. That is not the point. You are just trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I see this as only an attempt by you to cause division.

    The Instructor
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    16 Sep '13 23:531 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Obviously women are worth more than men in some ways. That is not the point. You are just trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I see this as only an attempt by you to cause division.

    The Instructor
    Hey, it ALREADY has caused division. You mean if I, as a man, would just get with the program and lighten up, everyone would be happier. Tough shyte, get used to it cause I don't stop showing up hypocrisy in religion.

    This ponzi scheme of the subjugation of women is written in stone and anyone who buys into it perpetuates it. Pure and simple.

    Let me go out on a limb here and suggest a god looking at the situation where the writers are deliberately putting women on a lower plane would go, just a minute here, put in the part where she bears children and can breast feed infants and make a huge difference in the young lives in her charge, setting up the entire rest of the lives of the men and women to be. That means a man may be worth 50 shekels but by god, women are EASILY worth the same 50 in spite of the fact she is not as strong as a man.

    Get REAL people. Why are you writing all this BULLSHYTE without my ok?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    17 Sep '13 02:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hey, it ALREADY has caused division. You mean if I, as a man, would just get with the program and lighten up, everyone would be happier. Tough shyte, get used to it cause I don't stop showing up hypocrisy in religion.

    This ponzi scheme of the subjugation of women is written in stone and anyone who buys into it perpetuates it. Pure and simple.

    Let me ...[text shortened]... as strong as a man.

    Get REAL people. Why are you writing all this BULLSHYTE without my ok?
    Go back to the Science Forum and write your BULLSHYTE there and leave your hate talk out of the Sprituality Forum. God is LOVE.

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

    The Instructor
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    17 Sep '13 08:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Go back to the Science Forum and write your BULLSHYTE there and leave your hate talk out of the Sprituality Forum. God is LOVE.

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

    The Instructor
    Yes, it proves it in SO many ways, like the crusades, like Hitler, like Pol Pot, like the myriad other ways hundreds of millions of people have died in the last hundred years from wars, pogroms, diseases. Yessir, it is showing its love there.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    19 Sep '13 07:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yes, it proves it in SO many ways, like the crusades, like Hitler, like Pol Pot, like the myriad other ways hundreds of millions of people have died in the last hundred years from wars, pogroms, diseases. Yessir, it is showing its love there.
    Christians do not deserve your hateful remarks. You should direct your remarks toward Islam instead. Are you afraid to do so?

    http://frontpagemag.com/2013/robert-spencer/does-the-quran-teach-hate/

    The Instructor
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    20 Sep '13 13:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Go back to the Science Forum and write your BULLSHYTE there and leave your hate talk out of the Sprituality Forum. God is LOVE.

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

    The Instructor
    Yeah, sure, for God so loved the world he killed all the land animals in his need to off a few thousand humans. Showing his love there for sure. BTW, in my last post I don't know where the bit about 'without my ok' came from. That was not part of my intent. And Islam and Christianity have been at loggerheads for 1000+ years. You can tell right off Islam is not peaceful, look at the word, I SLAM. I'll SLAM you if you don't convert. Another sign of a loving god. It's a pity you both worship the same alleged god.
Back to Top