1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 04:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah, sure, for God so loved the world he killed all the land animals in his need to off a few thousand humans. Showing his love there for sure. BTW, in my last post I don't know where the bit about 'without my ok' came from. That was not part of my intent. And Islam and Christianity have been at loggerheads for 1000+ years. You can tell right off Islam is ...[text shortened]... convert. Another sign of a loving god. It's a pity you both worship the same alleged god.
    This Christian does not worship Allah, who has no son and Muhammad is his false prophet. I worship the true God, who has one only begotten Son. The true God of Christianity is united as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Sep '13 19:35
    http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/c00_deceptions.htm
    Name one thing you're sure of sonhouse.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 18:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    Name one thing you're sure of sonhouse.
    One thing I am ABSOLUTELY sure of: if allowed, the right wing religious nutters WILL take over government and Iranisize the US, except with christianity not Islam. The Islamists are trying to do that already in various parts of the world, look at the Kenyan Mall travesty, the slaughter of innocents. At least Christianity got over that for the most part a thousand years ago.

But I think, given some kind of real disaster, I mean a world wide disaster, floods, ice age, or the opposite, religion, controlling religion will be back with a bang.

I have no doubt about that. And it might not even take a world wide disaster, just a series of hurricanes, floods, fires. Wait, that's what we HAD this year and wow, the right wing nutters are out in force trying to litigate the teaching of creationism in a science class.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 19:23
    One thing I am ABSOLUTELY sure of: if allowed, the right wing religious nutters WILL take over government and Iranisize the US, except with christianity not Islam. The Islamists are trying to do that already in various parts of the world, look at the Kenyan Mall travesty, the slaughter of innocents. At least Christianity got over that for the most part a th ...[text shortened]... wing nutters are out in force trying to litigate the teaching of creationism in a science class.
    We Christians believe teaching what Jesus taught has a beneficial effect on peoples lives. We believe the teachings of Muhammad and many other people, including atheists, have detrimental effects on peoples lives.

The Instructor
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 20:57
    One thing I am ABSOLUTELY sure of: if allowed, the right wing religious nutters WILL take over government and Iranisize the US, except with christianity not Islam. The Islamists are trying to do that already in various parts of the world, look at the Kenyan Mall travesty, the slaughter of innocents. At least Christianity got over that for the most part a th ...[text shortened]... wing nutters are out in force trying to litigate the teaching of creationism in a science class.
    Oddly enough, from my perspective, things are just as you describe, since the dawn of history, and as yet I fail to see any one religious ideological movement taking over the world.

You're are much too cynical. I believe it reveals an underlying fear of some kind.

No one, and no institution will ever have absolute control of anything.

Except God of course! 😉
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 03:47
    Let's see, let me count the ways. Well how about the non-existent flood. Or the Resurection or virgin birth or 7 days of creation or the world is only 6000 years old. Or that women are worth 35 sheckels but a man is worth 50. That's a START.
    I am worth 60 shekels by god!!!!!!
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 04:38
    Oddly enough, from my perspective, things are just as you describe, since the dawn of history, and as yet I fail to see any one religious ideological movement taking over the world.

You're are much too cynical. I believe it reveals an underlying fear of some kind.

No one, and no institution will ever have absolute control of anything.

Except God of course! 😉
    If a religion can take over a country then it can happen to the world.

I believe that ultimately the whole world will either be of one
    faith or completely atheist. (Not in our lifetimes though!)
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 05:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

Never either.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 05:55

Christians are keeping any one religion from taking over the world. Christians do not force anyone to believe. Everyone is free to choose.

The Instructor
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 20:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Christians are keeping any one religion from taking over the world. Christians do not force anyone to believe. Everyone is free to choose.

The Instructor
    The only reason christians are keeping other religions from taking over the world is because they almost succeeded in taking it over for themselves. They pretty much took over Europe 500 years ago.

They just were not used to Muslim's coming out of the gate as warriors taking over country after country back 12 hundred years ago. And they are still at it today. I don't see christian warriors going after Pakistan or Indonesia where Islam already won.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 21:02

"I believe that ultimately the whole world will..."

One day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Bet your life on it.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 21:04
    [b]"I believe that ultimately the whole world will..."

One day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Bet your life on it.[/b]
    You maybe forgot about the part where the disciples thought JC and the boys were coming back in a few days, couple years maybe? Well here we are 2000 odd years later and ZERO sign of your guy. That will be true 20,000 years from now, 200,000 years from now, 20,000,000 years from now when presumably there won't even BE any humans to send to your alleged heaven OR hell.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 22:08
    You maybe forgot about the part where the disciples thought JC and the boys were coming back in a few days, couple years maybe? Well here we are 2000 odd years later and ZERO sign of your guy. That will be true 20,000 years from now, 200,000 years from now, 20,000,000 years from now when presumably there won't even BE any humans to send to your alleged heaven OR hell.
    "You maybe forgot about the part where the disciples thought JC and the boys were coming back in a few days, couple years maybe?"

Maybe that is something you heard about somewhere? But just in case, refresh my memory please.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 22:141 edit
    [b]"You maybe forgot about the part where the disciples thought JC and the boys were coming back in a few days, couple years maybe?"

Maybe that is something you heard about somewhere? But just in case, refresh my memory please.[/b]
    That was the assumption left the troops I think. They were led to believe it was coming soon. Not 2000 frigging years later.

The way it is now makes it a perpetual scam.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 22:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Everyone is free to choose.
    It's a huge coincidence that most children share their parents' religious beliefs - don't you think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree