1. Forgotten
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 19:29
    Anyone here ever hear the myth about the roman soldier,that owned the spear of destiny??I have read once about him.It seems he was cursed,and lived forever roaming the earth.
    Does anyone here know more of this legend and what the man was called??
    thanks mates
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 20:19
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    Anyone here ever hear the myth about the roman soldier,that owned the spear of destiny??I have read once about him.It seems he was cursed,and lived forever roaming the earth.
    Does anyone here know more of this legend and what the man was called??
    thanks mates
    Do you mean "Longinus"? I don't think he was cursed. You might be thinking of the Wandering Jew.
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 20:213 edits
    http://www.bibleprobe.com/holy_lance.htm

Apparently, he didn't live forever, but was beheaded. The story of Longinus is at the bottom of this utterly meaningless document.
  4. Forgotten
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 20:49
    Thanks mates
    good reading for me.
    Now i have another deal . The skull of Adam.
    On a Johnny Cash Album. (At the Holy Land i think it was called).
    Johnny tells a myth that adams skull was at the base of the cross of Christ,and when some of his blood touched the skull,Adam came back to life .(Or something similar i was quite young when i heard this record)
    all i could redily find was this
    There was a tradition current among the Jews that the skull of Adam, after having been confided by Noah to his son Shem, and by the latter to Melchisedech, was finally deposited at the place called, for that reason, Golgotha. The Talmudists and the Fathers of the Church were aware of this tradition, and it survives in the skulls and bones placed at the foot of the crucifix. The Evangelists are not opposed to it, inasmuch as they speak of one and not of many skulls. (Luke, Mark, John, loc. cit.)

from this
    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03191a.htm

For some reason I am relic curious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree