1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 05:244 edits
    This book

"Investigating Christian Privilege and Religious Oppression in the United States"

By Warren J Blumenfeld is a well documented look at how christianity is subtly forced on Americans where outside religions and those not religious are treated as untrustworthy and all the rest.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_1c303d9a-0736-54ed-a0bb-b93728e05c98.html

They talk about the need for more religious diversity in the US but is not happening.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 06:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This book

"Investigating Christian Privilege and Religious Oppression in the United States"

By Warren J Blumenfeld is a well documented look at how christianity is subtly forced on Americans where outside religions and those not religious are treated as untrustworthy and all the rest.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_1c303d9a-0736-54ed- ...[text shortened]... 98.html

They talk about the need for more religious diversity in the US but is not happening.
    Here's a link to Lion & Thunder, I loved that comic as a kid especially Adam Eterno who I saw as an early Christ figure for my formative years.

www.lionandthunder.com
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 08:36
    What do you mean by this? Are you saying more religions should be introduced, or are you saying they should be allowed into schools or catered for by institutions? If so, surely what is more important is secularism ie making government and institutions neutral to religion?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 08:39
    My own country Zambia declared itself a 'Christian Nation'. This is an example of democracy going where it shouldn't.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 20:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My own country Zambia declared itself a 'Christian Nation'. This is an example of democracy going where it shouldn't.
    I'm sure you'd be far better off if they had gone Muslim instead of Christian.

Unless you're a woman, of course.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 05:57
    This book

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_1c303d9a-0736-54ed- ...[text shortened]... 98.html

We have too much religious diversity. We only need one, The Truth, which can only be found in Christianity.

The Instructor
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 18:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What do you mean by this? Are you saying more religions should be introduced, or are you saying they should be allowed into schools or catered for by institutions? If so, surely what is more important is secularism ie making government and institutions neutral to religion?
    It seems that we will never be rid of the specter of religion, this scourge of humanity.

So the lesser of several evils is to have diversity thus making it harder for one terrorist group to take over completely.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 18:321 edit
    So the lesser of several evils is to have diversity thus making it harder for one terrorist group to take over completely.
    And I ask again: what do you mean by 'have diversity'? What are you proposing? Do we invent five new religions then convert Christians into those religions?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 18:341 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm sure you'd be far better off if they had gone Muslim instead of Christian.

Unless you're a woman, of course.
    "It could have been worse".
    Thats the best comeback you could think of?

I actually agree, I prefer Christianity to Islam. Partly because most Christians are not very serious about their religion and partly because Christianity has evolved over time to accept new norms whereas Islam has not progressed very far.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree