Christian radicalisation

Christian radicalisation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Nov 22
2 edits

Mentioned in Chaney3’s thread.

There has been talk for years about Islamic radicalisation leading to acts of atrocity where, for example, the religious and cultural environment will permit a group of religious zealots to capture an American pilot, lock him in a cage and kill him by burning him alive.

There are Christians posting in this forum who (claim to) believe that it is morally righteous for there version of God to burn billions of people alive , but not just burn them but also to supernaturally keep them alive for all eternity while they are continuously tortured in the most unimaginable agony. Their version of the loving Jesus will personally oversee this act of cosmic barbarity.

Imagine these Christians being permitted by a local religious and cultural norm to carry out random acts of burning because the unbelieving people are “evil”.

It is extremist religious radicalisation, they just do it in their hearts and minds.

c

Moves
20 Nov 22

@divegeester said

There has been talk for years about Islamic radicalisation leading to acts of atrocity where, for example, the religious and cultural environment will permit a group of religious zealots to capture an American pilot, lock him in a cage and kill home by burning him alive.

There are Christians posting in this forum who (claim to) belie ...[text shortened]... are “evil”.

It is extremist religious radicalisation, they just do it in their hearts and minds.
I mentioned it in the other thread, and will do so here.

The story of Jesus doesn't begin in Matthew chapter one. Whether Trinity or Godhead, Jesus was there from the beginning, as some form of God. So whatever horrors are in the Old Testament that one believes, Jesus was there.

Moves
20 Nov 22

@chaney3 said
I mentioned it in the other thread, and will do so here.

The story of Jesus doesn't begin in Matthew chapter one. Whether Trinity or Godhead, Jesus was there from the beginning, as some form of God. So whatever horrors are in the Old Testament that one believes, Jesus was there.
Indeed, and Jesus is God (whether trinitarian or unitarian) and God said “I am God and I change not”.

Interesting isn’t it.

c

Moves
20 Nov 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Indeed, and Jesus is God (whether trinitarian or unitarian) and God said “I am God and I change not”.

Interesting isn’t it.
What's interesting is how most people focus on only the New Testament when discussing Jesus. If there are major issues with the God of Abraham and Old Testament texts, then those same issues are absolutely attached to Jesus as well.

One can't say they're a Christian, and exclude Jesus from being a part of what has been written. Jesus is not the "new and improved God".

Or has He been made to be?

"The new and improved God"..... Jesus?

Moves
21 Nov 22
1 edit

@chaney3 said
What's interesting is how most people focus on only the New Testament when discussing Jesus.
That’s because “Jesus” is only mentioned in the New Testament, and the links to him being in the Old Testament are doctrinal only. However if a critic wants to attack Jesus there is no need to refer to the Old Testament brutalities as the teaching of hell and eternal suffering is only referenced in the New Testament with Jesus being described as the overseer of it in the book The Revelation of Jesus Christ. If you take it literally of course.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Nov 22
1 edit

@divegeester said

There has been talk for years about Islamic radicalisation leading to acts of atrocity where, for example, the religious and cultural environment will permit a group of religious zealots to capture an American pilot, lock him in a cage and kill him by burning him alive.

There are Christians posting in this forum who (claim to) believ ...[text shortened]... are “evil”.

Like it or not, God isn’t bound by human morality.

Moves
21 Nov 22

@moonbus said
Like it or not, God isn’t bound by human morality.
Are you Josephw in disguise? 😜

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Nov 22

@divegeester said
Are you Josephw in disguise? 😜
I do not “know” him, in the biblical sense. πŸ˜†

Moves
21 Nov 22

@moonbus said
I do not “know” him, in the biblical sense. πŸ˜†
He will be pleased to read this πŸ˜„

c

Moves
21 Nov 22

@divegeester said

There are Christians posting in this forum who (claim to) believ ...[text shortened]... are “evil”.

Is there ever any real discussion about whether believers in God are "allowed" to question what's written in the Bible? And not have it considered blasphemy?

At what point can we choose to ignore the verses that seem obviously man made, or aren't consistent with rational thought, and still comfortably feel good about our spirituality?

The message that God loves us, and wants us to obey (the best we can), and will be sanely disciplined for disobedience, is what makes sense. Along with having our best interest at heart, both on earth, and for eternity.

Moves
21 Nov 22

@chaney3 said
Is there ever any real discussion about whether believers in God are "allowed" to question what's written in the Bible? And not have it considered blasphemy?
Thread 192194

Here.

c

Moves
21 Nov 22

@divegeester said
Thread 192194

Here.
I didn't have the time to read through all 26 pages of that thread, but I did read a good portion.

Based on your final post in that thread, it seems you got 2 things:

1) Abuse

2) Being told that the Bible is all factual and God inspired, because it's the Bible.

Doubting the Bible seems unpopular.

Moves
22 Nov 22

@chaney3 said
I didn't have the time to read through all 26 pages of that thread, but I did read a good portion.

1) Abuse

2) Being told that the Bible is all factual and God inspired, because it's the Bible.

What is demonstrated is the difference between having one’s faith rooted in a book rather than rooted in Christ.

Über-Nerd

Moves
25 Nov 22

@chaney3 said

1) Abuse

It’s unpopular with people who worship the Bible, principally Protestants and Evangelicals.

Moves
25 Nov 22

@divegeester said

Kellyjay?