1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 14:33
    Originally posted by vivify
    Obviously, an evangelical organization named "Answers in Genesis" that regularly promotes creationism isn't opening a "Noah's Ark" theme park "just" for business.
    NOW who is being naive? Of course it is a business. They may think it is enhancing the finances of their church but it is a business and no doubt about it. If it did not make money they would close it down as fast as it opened.

Just another christian scam like the religion itself, the biggest scam in human history.

Of course that applies to all the other religious scams, Hinduism, Ilsam, Jain's etc.

As a business apparently it has the right to hire only christians. That is not right but that is the law. Time to change the law.

I would have to be EXTREMELY down and out to consider employment as such a pile of scams. One scam: Trying to say Humans and dino's walked together on Earth, using the human footprints they found going inside dino footprints. Like as if that was real evidence for humans in our era to have walked with dino's. It COULDN"T by any chance be the idea that the dirt or rock or whatever got soft and gooey again millions of years later when humans walked on it, could it? Nah, DINO"S AND HUMANS LIVED TOGETHER! Come to our tent meeting at 6 pm and we will show you.....
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 15:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes I know what money churches make. Can you name one that charges to come in?

PS do you think that because I am a Christian I am of limited intelligence or completely aware of what goes on in corporate religion? I'm probably far more knowledgable than you on the subject.
    Yes I know what money churches make. Can you name one that charges to come in?

York Minster charges people to get in.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 15:33
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]Yes I know what money churches make. Can you name one that charges to come in?

York Minster charges people to get in.[/b]
    seriously? to like listen to a sermon on a Sunday Morning?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 17:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    NOW who is being naive? Of course it is a business. They may think it is enhancing the finances of their church but it is a business and no doubt about it. If it did not make money they would close it down as fast as it opened.

Just another christian scam like the religion itself, the biggest scam in human history.

Of course that applies to all the ot ...[text shortened]... ah, DINO"S AND HUMANS LIVED TOGETHER! Come to our tent meeting at 6 pm and we will show you.....
    He asked if it was "just" business. Yes, it's a business; but "just" business implies there's no other motive but money.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 17:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    seriously? to like listen to a sermon on a Sunday Morning?
    i think its free on a sunday morning.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 18:002 edits
    Because a theme park doesn't run on fresh air. It runs on money.
    The gospel of Jesus Christ does not need money (be a business, create profit etc) in order to run, I can absolutely promise you that. Any institution or individual claiming it does I will confidently call a liar.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 18:11
    The gospel of Jesus Christ does not need money (be a business, create profit etc) in order to run, I can absolutely promise you that. Any institution or individual claiming it does I will confidently call a liar.
    Who cares. That's a doctrinal dispute that can be discussed on another thread. This thread is about whether or not this theme park can hire all Christians.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 18:251 edit
    Who cares. That's a doctrinal dispute that can be discussed on another thread. This thread is about whether or not this theme park can hire all Christians.
    What if an employee at the theme park lost his faith. Would this then be grounds for dismissal?

*Think of the scenario of an unfortunate chap that loses his family in car crash, which precipitates his loss of faith, and then results in him becoming unemployed.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 19:141 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    What if an employee at the theme park lost his faith. Would this then be grounds for dismissal?

*Think of the scenario of an unfortunate chap that loses his family in car crash, which precipitates his loss of faith, and then results in him becoming unemployed.
    There's that prose contest-winning writing again.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 20:01
    There's that prose contest-winning writing again.
    It probably needs an alien invasion subplot.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 21:36
    I care. The topic of wether or not the theme park can discrimate on religious grounds has been completely exhausted across two threads; I would have thought you would be grateful that people are committed enough to broaden the conversation. Obviously not, so I'm out.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 22:51
    I care. The topic of wether or not the theme park can discrimate on religious grounds has been completely exhausted across two threads; I would have thought you would be grateful that people are committed enough to broaden the conversation. Obviously not, so I'm out.
    You thought I'd be grateful that you moved the goalposts and hijacked the thread to argue unrelated dogma?

Bye.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Apr '16 18:05
    He asked if it was "just" business. Yes, it's a business; but "just" business implies there's no other motive but money.
    I think it quite safe to say there is no other motive but money.
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 08:121 edit
    ===The new 'Noah's Ark' Theme Park in Williamstown, Kentucky was destroyed in a flood earlier today. The sudden flash flood only seemed to affect the location of the Ark Encounter Theme Park, which was in the final phases of construction.

“From a meteorological standpoint, this is quite confusing,” said Dan Schmidt, a forecaster with the National Weather Service. “There were no storm clouds in the area. We're calling this flood an act of God.”

Religious group Answers in Genesis was behind the construction of the ill-fated theme park. No one was injured in the flood, although founder Ken Ham was left financially devastated.

“I don't understand,” said a crestfallen Ham. “There is this book…all the answers were in this book, the Bible. It told me to build an ark. Why did God forsake me?”

The park recently announced that they would only be hiring Christians to work there.
    ===

http://thegoodlordabove.com/articles/details/235

Thoroughly robust and dependable source always consistent in its reportage. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree