1. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 04:57
    Interview from ABC Press 31 March 2005

INTERVIEWER: "Before you tell us why you turned from God, perhaps you can tell us about your life in the Church."
    JASON SUIFRAD: "My average day was one of prayer and contemplation, even while I was turning the burgers at McDonalds. I would wake up about 6.15am and pray to the Lord to make my day interesting and full of joy. I'd give another prayer at breakfast asking for the Lord to ensure that the OJ was fresh and had not gone fizzy. I'd then pray on the bus trip into work, asking for the LORD to help make the bus driver see the red lights early. On entering McDonalds, I'd pray that my shift-supervisor hadn't put me on fries again, as I am trying to reduce my cholesterol level. I'd often give a little prayer after lunch that I didn't have to go and clean the toilets. Cos if I did, I'd pray to God before I entered that some kid hadn't crapped his pants and smeared the seat. And you know, every day that I went to work, God made sure that no little kid had crapped his pants. I was grateful to the Lord. And then...
    INTERVIEWER If I may interrupt for a moment. Do you feel that God takes notice of all your prayers?
    JASON SUIFRAD: Oh certainly I did. Until today of course. I thought that God wanted to pay attention to the little man. The little burger flipper. Afterall, my Church - that is, or was, the Pentecostal Blindfaith Church of Alabama, told us all the time that the little man was important to the Lord.
    INTERVIEWER: Had you ever considered how the Lord was supposed to take account of everyone's prayers? I mean, at the same time he is getting prayers for rain in Alabama from the farmers, he is getting prayers from the congregation of the Pentecostal Blindfaith Church of Alabama asking for a fine day for the church fete. How does god reconcile this?
    JASON SUIFRAD: God is, or at least I thought, was omnipotent, and therefore it could rain on the farmland and be try in the parking lot of the church. Nothing is, or was, beyond God.
    INTERVIEWER: What side did God take during the First World War? The doughboys all believed that he was on there side and yet the enemy was praying through Lutheran intercessionaries to the same God. Does God get confused?
    JASON SUIFRAD: Good question. I think he does. I mean, take this morning. I prayed as always to God and do you know what happened?
    INTERVIEWER: Please enlighten us.
    JASON SUIFRAD: My OJ had gone off and fermented in my gut. The bus was late so the driver ran the lights and scared the hell out of me. I arrived late at work. The supervisor put me on fries AND asked me to clean the bathroom, where some kid, who had been on the red-light running bus had crapped himself over the sea cos he was so scared. And when I got home RHP was down for maintenance. And you tell me that God exists! I am now an atheist.
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 05:20
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    JASON SUIFRAD
    This name sounds familiar.......
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 17:58
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    This name sounds familiar.......
    LOL Satan is always trying to copy.
  4. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 23:30
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    LOL Satan is always trying to copy.
    Ooh! Nobody has ever called me Satan before. I must be improving!
  5. yorkshire
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 17:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Graceland.
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:041 edit
    Ooh! Nobody has ever called me Satan before. I must be improving!

Please provice a reference to your article. As you are claiming you copied this from ABC Press.

Thanks

pc
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:22
    Interview from ABC Press 31 March 2005

INTERVIEWER: "Before you tell us why you turned from God, perhaps you can tell us about your life in the Church."
    JASON SUIFRAD: "My average day was one of prayer and contemplation, even while I was turning the burgers at McDonalds. I would wake up about 6.15am and pray to the Lord to make my day interesting ...[text shortened]... I got home RHP was down for maintenance. And you tell me that God exists! I am now an atheist.
    Nice story and unfortuately, there are a lot of Christians, that have the same problem. In all that the former believer there was nothing of the forgiveness of his sins. Where was worshipping of GOD for who he is? Those prayers that he was praying why were they prayers of self? Where was thankfulness that he had a job? GOD is not confused, for HE said that confusion is from the devil, 1 CORINTHIANS 14:33
  8. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 00:42
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    [b]Ooh! Nobody has ever called me Satan before. I must be improving!

Please provice a reference to your article. As you are claiming you copied this from ABC Press.

Thanks

pc[/b]

Sorry can't do that. The subtlety must have been lost on you. My sincere apologies. I made this thread up. There is no ABC Press. But then as I am apparently Satan, what can you expect?
  9. Graceland.
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 00:49

Sorry can't do that. The subtlety must have been lost on you. My sincere apologies. I made this thread up. There is no ABC Press. But then as I am apparently Satan, what can you expect?

I suspected that. I asked to confirm my suspicion.

As there actually exists a news site ABC, and your suggested location of your post seems to correlate that of ABC, you could end up getting the site in legal trouble.

Should someone for instance, contact ABC news regarding this post they views on a site called RHP, RHP may be liable for any damaged incurred.

pc.

10. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 00:59
    [b]

As there actually exists a news site ABC, and your suggested ...[text shortened]... is post they views on a site called RHP, RHP may be liable for any damaged incurred.

pc.

[/b]
    Formost, I can assure you that ABC has no interest in what anyone here has to say they said. They'll take legal action when my crap turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

Secondly, I would not be so sure that the site would be held liable in the proposterous and unlikely event of any such legal action.

And lastly, I question your motive for making this extremely assumptive and illogical statement. I can appreciate if you think it was in bad taste, but threats are seldomly becoming of a gentleman.

Best Regards
  11. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 03:31
    The proposition that God ensures good things happen to people (and therefore that when bad things happen it's grounds to no longer believe in God) is a load of rubbish.
  12. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 12:37
    [b]

As there actually exists a news site ABC, and your suggested ...[text shortened]... is post they views on a site called RHP, RHP may be liable for any damaged incurred.

pc.

[/b]
    You must be joking!

I can tell you that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation couldn't care an Adam's fig what goes on RHP. I fear my friend that you are getting paranoid.
  13. Graceland.
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 18:14
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Formost, I can assure you that ABC has no interest in what anyone here has to say they said. They'll take legal action when my crap turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

Actually major news agencies have what you call a 'spybot' to search for copywrited material. These scour the internet in seach of words and phrasee that uniquely match articled they publish on their sites. This prevents sites such as ABC not being able to copy that of CNN ect. Many a news corporation have been caught out publishing the same April fool's joke another site published believing it was a real story.

And lastly, I question your motive for making this extremely assumptive and illogical statement. I can appreciate if you think it was in bad taste, but threats are seldomly becoming of a gentleman.

Best Regards

Whilst companies such as CNN and ABC do not particularly mind the odd copywrited article here and there, provided a site link is posted with it (advertising), they do actually follow up on copywrited material. My old ice hockey mailing list was given a warning as we copied content from a local .com news site. As part of the ToS, no copywrited material was allowed to be posted, or a suspension followed.

What is however a more serious matter is false publicity, i.e. attributing an article to a news agency when they did not publish it in the first place. I'm not being funny and not using scare tactics at all, but needless to say a spybot on searching on any articles on for 'ABC' could well come across this post as they also search the google search engine.

Heck, I've no vested interest either way, merely saying may pay off not to do this.

cheers

14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 18:38
    Originally posted by orfeo
    The proposition that God ensures good things happen to people (and therefore that when bad things happen it's grounds to no longer believe in God) is a load of rubbish.
    It's grounds to no longer believe in a benevolent god.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 04:573 edits

As there actually exists a news site ABC, and your suggested location of your post seems to correlate that of ABC, you could end up getting the site in legal trouble.

Should someone for instance, contact ABC news regarding this post t ...[text shortened]... n a site called RHP, RHP may be liable for any damaged incurred.
    Pcaspian, I'm afraid that it's even more serious than you realize. With "ABC" being such a catchy name for a company, Maustrauser's frivolous, thoughtless post has now opened the site up to legal action from several different companies:

http://www.biz-community.com/Snippet/196/73/1756.html
    http://www.abc.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=nav/abc&o=&c=&type=page&p=abcnews.html&menuid=abcnews
    http://www.abcrodeo.com/pr02.htm
    http://www.abcmedianet.com/

But not to worry. I plan to distract them by suggesting that they all sue each other over the rights to the name.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree