Christian vs Non-Christians CHALLENGE!!!

Christian vs Non-Christians CHALLENGE!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Moves
03 Nov 05

I hope most of you will enjoy this. For the fun, let us create two clans.

One guy must create a clan called Christians and another person must create a clan called Non-Christians. We then get 20 players in each clan and play it out on the chess board?

Suggestion: (others are welcome)
Best of of three challenges at the end wins?

Who is game for this?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
03 Nov 05
1 edit

There's already a clan called Disciples of Jesus who are into Playing Chess...Raise funds to buy subscriptions for your non-subscribing South African compadres and you may have something though.

Wow, I can still edit this post. --On behalf of Bruno's Revenge (an non-ChristianTM clan if ever there was one) I accept your challenge. Now form a clan!

L

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas

One guy must create a clan called Christians and another person must create a clan called Non-Christians. We then get 20 players in each clan and play it out on the chess board?

Suggestion: (others are welcome)
Best of of three challenges at the end wins?

Who is game for this?
I think we need a clan called The Pastafarians.

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
I think we need a clan called The Pastafarians.
They don't smoke spagetti do they?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
They constantly ask "WTFWFSMD?"

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
They constantly ask "WTFWFSMD?"
LMAO

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
03 Nov 05

http://www.redhotpawn.com/clan/home.php?cid=46
http://www.redhotpawn.com/clan/home.php?cid=6

How's that matchup sound?

L

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
No. The noodles are sacred. For it is with His noodly appendage that He touches man, woman, and especially child.

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
03 Nov 05

The problem I have with this is that if the christians win, it will be "god was on our side". If they lose it will be "god works in mysterious ways".

i
Deracinated

Sydney

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by Chakan
The problem I have with this is that if the christians win, it will be "god was on our side". If they lose it will be "god works in mysterious ways".
And also the major issue that religious people tend to be less intelligent (and hence poorer at chess) than non-religious people.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by ivangrice
And also the major issue that religious people tend to be less intelligent (and hence poorer at chess) than non-religious people.
That's a wild generalisation if ever I heard one.

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
03 Nov 05

Well that's their answer to everything.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas

One guy must create a clan called Christians and another person must create a clan called Non-Christians.
I've already expressed my reservations about the term "non-Christian": it accepts a fundamental binary opposition that requires acceptance of a Christian us/them perspective. I reject this.

Nevertheless, the clan I play for has a fish with feet as its icon--a secular symbol that is rooted in xtian iconography. I'm willing to wager a small sum that the xtians here won't be able to put together a clan that could prevail in a megachallenge against the Freethinker's Clan. They cannot take us in the forums, and they would be swept off the board.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
03 Nov 05

Personally, I would simply say "we won" or "we lost". I'm not the kind of person that believes God would, in general, seek to influence the outcome of a chess game. He'd only be interested if something bigger was riding on it.

Even then, he'd be more likely to make use of either the win or the loss, rather than rigging the result beforehand.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
http://www.redhotpawn.com/clan/home.php?cid=46
http://www.redhotpawn.com/clan/home.php?cid=6

How's that matchup sound?
We had them last time!

http://www.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/viewchallenge.php?challengeid=35943