1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 08:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You must first be convinced you need the pill quickly to prevent your death. I do not have the time or ability to prove it to you, Should I just turn my back on you and not tell you that you may have a deadly disease that you don't believe you have?
    Of course not. And if all else fails, you should be willing to burn me at the stake to prevent my disease from spreading to others.

Just kidding, Ron, although, such things have happened.

But seriously, YOU tell ME when you will have reached your limit of what is obligatory to God, for you to do about my situation as you see it. Do you want my real name? My email address? My phone number? My address? Where do YOU draw the line? That's the point here. What does your ideology require of you?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 14:34
    Originally posted by JS357
    Of course not. And if all else fails, you should be willing to burn me at the stake to prevent my disease from spreading to others.

Just kidding, Ron, although, such things have happened.

But seriously, YOU tell ME when you will have reached your limit of what is obligatory to God, for you to do about my situation as you see it. Do you want my real name ...[text shortened]... ss? Where do YOU draw the line? That's the point here. What does your ideology require of you?
    Jesus requires me to teach others what He taught in the name of the Triune God. No personal information is necessary for that. I do not have to knock on your door or invade your private space. It can be done in public space as long as it is not forbidden by the Federal government. Atheist want the federal government to forbid it, even though they claim to be for free speech. 😏
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 14:53
    Jesus requires me to teach others what He taught in the name of the Triune God. No personal information is necessary for that. I do not have to knock on your door or invade your private space. It can be done in public space as long as it is not forbidden by the Federal government. Atheist want the federal government to forbid it, even though they claim to be for free speech. 😏
    "Atheist want the federal government to forbid it, even though they claim to be for free speech."

which ones?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 15:48
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    "Atheist want the federal government to forbid it, even though they claim to be for free speech."

which ones?
    All thoses that I am aware of. 😏
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 16:02
    "Jesus requires me to teach others what He taught in the name of the Triune God."

This is one aspect of a self-reinforcing ideology.

Incidentally another aspect is that any criticism of the ideology shows that its enemies are evil or are in the service of evil.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 16:08
    Incidentally another aspect is that any criticism of the ideology shows that its enemies are evil or are in the service of evil.
    Ouch! But you also support RJHind's freedom of speech, yeah, right? 😵
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 16:10
    All thoses that I am aware of. 😏
    i dont so thats 1. i suspect there might be a few million more.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 16:16
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i dont so thats 1. i suspect there might be a few million more.
    We often suspect many things that may or may not be true. 😏
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 16:33
    We often suspect many things that may or may not be true. 😏
    okay yoda.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 19:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ouch! But you also support RJHind's freedom of speech, yeah, right? 😵
    I wonder what it is in my observations that would lead you to think otherwise. They are my observations about self-reinforcing ideologies. He can say what he wants about the subject, within the law, and in this case within the RHP rules.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 00:31
    "Jesus requires me to teach others what He taught in the name of the Triune God."

This is one aspect of a self-reinforcing ideology.

So be it. 😏
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 00:441 edit
    Belief systems can include beliefs that make them self-reinforcing. The term "self-reinforcing ideology" is used in some similar situations such as: "Khomeinism is a self-reinforcing ideology: The disapproval of the international community and their own people’s discontent only affirm adherents in the rightness of their cause." (http://www.the-american-interes ...[text shortened]... be a self-reinforcing ideology?

Of course this wouldn't mean Christianity is "wrong."
    self-reinforcing aspects of christianity are often brought up, so it must have some effect in the sustainability of the religion, otherwise evolution would have weeded out that trait.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 00:47
    So be it. 😏
    I guess you have no argument with my saying those are two aspects of your faith.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree