1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 21:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Try this exercise: Add up how many wars have been caused by these religions, started by either one, Islam started killing people from day one, so did christianity, Jews had a few wars also over religions. It's clear other religions kill over who has the best god also. Isn't it interesting there would be so many diabolically opposed religions suppopsedly from the same god on the same planet? Hmm, is there a pattern here?
    Evidently you fail to make a distinction between a belief system and the actions of those claim to follow the system, yet chose not to follow it in actuality.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 01:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    But they are. If I don't follow, I will go to hell (assuming they're right). That is the gun pointed at my head.
    Not at all. After all, you don't believe in God. However, if God were to prove himself as existing.........I suppose that that would be the gun to your head.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 15:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why not be a Chistian Muslim? 😛

Oh, that's right, Mohammad and Christ don't see things eye to eye. So I ask you, who would you prefer to follow because that is really what it comes down to. Would you rather follow Christ or Mohammad? Who appeals to you the most. That is who you should follow.
    I don't agree with you , Jesus was a Muslim 😏
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 15:46
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I don't agree with you , Jesus was a Muslim 😏
    So Christ was not a Chrisitan?
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 15:58
    So Christ was not a Chrisitan?
    no

you know that the name Christian was not there until may be 50 years after Jesus Christ.

It doesn't appear in any of the 4 gospels. I think it might appear in Paul writings.

But this is not my point. I really mean it , Jesus was Muslim, he never claimed something else.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 16:012 edits
    no

you know that the name Christian was not there until may be 50 years after Jesus Christ.

It doesn't appear in any of the 4 gospels. I think it might appear in Paul writings.

But this is not my point. I really mean it , Jesus was Muslim, he never claimed something else.
    Jesus was referred to as a Muslim? It seems to me that the terms Islam and Muslim came about to refer to those who follow the writings of Mohammad. You are correct in that the early Christians were not called Christians. The movement was called, "The Way" in reference to Christ's claim that he was the way the truth and the life and that no one should come to the Father but through him.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 16:051 edit
    Jesus was referred to as a Muslim?
    the word Muslim , means the one who is submitting himself to GOD. that what the word mean in Arabic. When translated to English (and other languages) it was translated literatrly , not with its meaning.

Given this , so Jesus Christ was a Muslim. Don't you agree?

Did Jesus say he is Christian? I don't think so. Actually it doesn't make any sense to call himself Christian. Because christians were named after him.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 16:07
    the word Muslim , means the one who is submitting himself to GOD. that what the word mean in Arabic. When translated to English (and other languages) it was translated literatrly , not with its meaning.

Given this , so Jesus Christ was a Muslim. Don't you agree?

Did Jesus say he is Christian? I don't think so. Actually it doesn't make any sense to call himself Christian. Because christians were named after him.
    So it is possible to be a Christian Muslim?
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 16:10
    Jesus was referred to as a Muslim? It seems to me that the terms Islam and Muslim came about to refer to those who follow the writings of Mohammad. You are correct in that the early Christians were not called Christians. The movement was called, "The Way" in reference to Christ's claim that he was the way the truth and the life and that no one should come to the Father but through him.
    As I explained the word Islam means submission. And muslim is the one who is submitting. So any one who submit himself to GOD before the time of Prophet Muhammed is called a Muslim.

So what the prophet Muhammed actually came with. It is the same Message of all the prophets , to submit yourself to the only GOD, the creator.

This is the same message of Abraham, Mosses , and Jesus.

Is it clear?
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 16:122 edits
    So it is possible to be a Christian Muslim?
    When I said I don't agree with you, I didn't mean this.

I was talking about the Idea that Jesus (PBUH) and Muhammed (PBUH) came with different Messages.

As Jesus himself didn't say he came to create a new religio called Christianity, being Muslim Christian doesn't mean anything.

Edit: I think you define Christianity as following the teaching of Jesus Christ. If this is the defintion you have then I think I can call myself Christian. Actually if I was living at his time, I would have certainly followed him. The only problem is that christianity as it exists today is far from Jesus teaching.
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 May '07 16:32
    When I said I don't agree with you, I didn't mean this.

I was talking about the Idea that Jesus (PBUH) and Muhammed (PBUH) came with different Messages.

As Jesus himself didn't say he came to create a new religio called Christianity, being Muslim Christian doesn't mean anything.

Edit: I think you define Christianity as following the teaching of Jes ...[text shortened]... ed him. The only problem is that christianity as it exists today is far from Jesus teaching.
    What blatant equivocation.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 16:402 edits
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    What blatant equivocation.
    do you think so?

tell me where I was not clear

Edit: Prophet Muhammed didn't claim that he is creating a new religion too. He was clear about that. The Quran clearly states that.

The prophet said he came to return people to worship the only one GOD.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:14
    do you think so?

tell me where I was not clear

Edit: Prophet Muhammed didn't claim that he is creating a new religion too. He was clear about that. The Quran clearly states that.

The prophet said he came to return people to worship the only one GOD.
    The fact that I slam came 600 years later doesn't bother you?
    Jesus or Assiz whatever, was a Jew and was preaching to Jews.
    He certainly wasn't a christian, Christianity in truth should be called
    Paulinity. JC himself would condemn the tatters of christianity today.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:261 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    He certainly wasn't a christian, Christianity in truth should be called
    Paulinity. JC himself would condemn the tatters of christianity today.

I didn't get your point , why should it bother me.

Is Jewish a religion? as far as I understand Jews are called after Judas the son of Jacob. And later on was given to all the descendants of Jacob. So when Mosses came Jews were already Jews and that make what Mosess came with not Jewish. People used to call Mosses's religion Jewish because Jews were the majority of the followers nothing more. That gives me the fact that Mosses didn't come with a new religion also. If you check Prophet Mosess's teching you will find it the same as Prophet Jesus ,and Prophet Muhammed Teaching.

So Jesus being Jew doesn't contradict the fact that he was preaching with one thing. To submit yourself to the only one GOD. And that is very clear in the Bible.

Christianity in truth should be called Paulinity

I agree with you in part. Although the current christianity is mainly based on Pauls teachings, Paul himself never belived that Jesus was GOD or even claimed that. He was not beliving in Trinity. Trinity appeared 200 years after Paul.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 May '07 21:23
    [b]The fact that I slam came 600 years later doesn't bother you?

I didn't get your point , why should it bother me.

Is Jewish a religion? as far as I understand Jews are called after Judas the son of Jacob. And later on was given to all the descendants of Jacob. So when Mosse ...[text shortened]... even claimed that. He was not beliving in Trinity. Trinity appeared 200 years after Paul.[/b]
    The trinity thing I did not know, just shows to go you how things get perverted from the original. Lets face it, its a perverted religion.
    What concept can be more chilling and quite deliberatly so, than telling a child they are BORN into sin, so the poor uneducated child of 2000 years ago gets totally brainwashed by his parents who were brainwashed before him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree