1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 May '06 09:15
    Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
    We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '06 11:06
    Yes.

Simply yes.

Been there done that.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '06 11:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 May '06 11:20
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
    We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
    You're narrowing down free will to its libertarian definition.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '06 11:26

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '06 12:55

7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    24 May '06 13:33
    I have no choice but to accuse you of bigotry.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 May '06 13:40
    Apparently what you call Christianity and what God calls it are two diametrically-opposed concepts. Hmm, I wonder how that one will turn out?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '06 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    I have no choice but to accuse you of bigotry.
    Indeed. He insinuates that guilt was created by Christianity. In reality, however, we know guilt to be part of the human condition no matter the exposure to religious preferences. He does not consider the possibility that Christianity merely comes to terms with it.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 May '06 13:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Indeed. He insinuates that guilt was created by Christianity. In reality, however, we know guilt to be part of the human condition no matter the exposure to religious preferences. He does not consider the possibility that Christianity merely comes to terms with it.
    Guilt 'is not' intrinsic!!!!!!
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 May '06 13:39
    You can't be serious. There are some who expereince no guilt. I believe the term is psycopath. Everyone has an innate sense of right and wrong. Psycopath's, however, seem to have a disorder in which this inner voice is diminished or nonexistent.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    25 May '06 13:45
    If you are right, they have no choice in that matter.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 May '06 13:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    You can't be serious. There are some who expereince no guilt. I believe the term is psycopath. Everyone has an innate sense of right and wrong. Psycopath's, however, seem to have a disorder in which this inner voice is diminished or nonexistent.
    Sociopath.
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    25 May '06 23:15
    Are you seriously trying to say that no one knew about guilt or conceived they had free will before Christianity. I know of a stance Atheist who is a hard determinist but even he accepts that the experience of free will and guilt is universal.
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 May '06 11:48
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Are you seriously trying to say that no one knew about guilt or conceived they had free will before Christianity. I know of a stance Atheist who is a hard determinist but even he accepts that the experience of free will and guilt is universal.
    Guilt existed before christianity, but guilt is not intrinsic as it is a social fabrication. And freewill was not considered before the advent of christianity, as people belived in fate which is predetermined............

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree