1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    1355
    24 May '06 09:15
    Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
    We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
  2. Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    2728
    24 May '06 11:06
    Yes.

    Simply yes.

    Been there done that.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    24 May '06 11:20
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
    We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
    You're narrowing down free will to its libertarian definition.
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Joined
    14 Jul '05
    Moves
    4464
    24 May '06 13:33
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
    We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
    I have no choice but to accuse you of bigotry.
  5. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    24 May '06 13:40
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
    We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
    Apparently what you call Christianity and what God calls it are two diametrically-opposed concepts. Hmm, I wonder how that one will turn out?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    24 May '06 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    I have no choice but to accuse you of bigotry.
    Indeed. He insinuates that guilt was created by Christianity. In reality, however, we know guilt to be part of the human condition no matter the exposure to religious preferences. He does not consider the possibility that Christianity merely comes to terms with it.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    1355
    25 May '06 13:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Indeed. He insinuates that guilt was created by Christianity. In reality, however, we know guilt to be part of the human condition no matter the exposure to religious preferences. He does not consider the possibility that Christianity merely comes to terms with it.
    Guilt 'is not' intrinsic!!!!!!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    25 May '06 13:39
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Guilt 'is not' intrinsic!!!!!!
    You can't be serious. There are some who expereince no guilt. I believe the term is psycopath. Everyone has an innate sense of right and wrong. Psycopath's, however, seem to have a disorder in which this inner voice is diminished or nonexistent.
  9. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    25 May '06 13:45
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
    If you are right, they have no choice in that matter.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    25 May '06 13:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    You can't be serious. There are some who expereince no guilt. I believe the term is psycopath. Everyone has an innate sense of right and wrong. Psycopath's, however, seem to have a disorder in which this inner voice is diminished or nonexistent.
    Sociopath.
  11. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    443
    25 May '06 23:15
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Guilt 'is not' intrinsic!!!!!!
    Are you seriously trying to say that no one knew about guilt or conceived they had free will before Christianity. I know of a stance Atheist who is a hard determinist but even he accepts that the experience of free will and guilt is universal.
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    1355
    26 May '06 11:48
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Are you seriously trying to say that no one knew about guilt or conceived they had free will before Christianity. I know of a stance Atheist who is a hard determinist but even he accepts that the experience of free will and guilt is universal.
    Guilt existed before christianity, but guilt is not intrinsic as it is a social fabrication. And freewill was not considered before the advent of christianity, as people belived in fate which is predetermined............
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    26 May '06 14:17
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Guilt existed before christianity, but guilt is not intrinsic as it is a social fabrication. And freewill was not considered before the advent of christianity, as people belived in fate which is predetermined............
    OK, so if it is not intrinsic, how then did it get incorporated into society? Perhaps aliens came down to teach us?
  14. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    1355
    26 May '06 15:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    OK, so if it is not intrinsic, how then did it get incorporated into society? Perhaps aliens came down to teach us?
    Morality was created to control us and through morality guilt cam,e about, did you think we we're born with guiilt and morals!!!!
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    26 May '06 18:12
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Sociopath.
    Like I said, Sociopath.
Back to Top