1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '06 14:17
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Guilt existed before christianity, but guilt is not intrinsic as it is a social fabrication. And freewill was not considered before the advent of christianity, as people belived in fate which is predetermined............
    OK, so if it is not intrinsic, how then did it get incorporated into society? Perhaps aliens came down to teach us?
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 May '06 15:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    OK, so if it is not intrinsic, how then did it get incorporated into society? Perhaps aliens came down to teach us?
    Morality was created to control us and through morality guilt cam,e about, did you think we we're born with guiilt and morals!!!!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '06 18:12
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Sociopath.
    Like I said, Sociopath.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '06 18:16
    Guilt existed before christianity, but guilt is not intrinsic as it is a social fabrication. And freewill was not considered before the advent of christianity, as people belived in fate which is predetermined............
    So if guilt was not created by Christianity, then what is your beef with Christianity? It seems to me that Christianity is merely helping people come to terms with their guilt, thus freeing them of the societal chains of guilt.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '06 01:24
    So if guilt was not created by Christianity, then what is your beef with Christianity? It seems to me that Christianity is merely helping people come to terms with their guilt, thus freeing them of the societal chains of guilt.
    The beef is that free will was invented to perpetuate guilt.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '06 01:26
    Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
    We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
    I know you've mentioned that Hellenists wouldn't have believed in free will. But what of other societies? Surely Christians weren't the first to conceive of free will since, intuitively, it seems compelling. What of Jews?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 May '06 02:00
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    The beef is that free will was invented to perpetuate guilt.
    How can this be proved?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '06 06:14
    How can this be proved?
    I'm not sure I agree with Vlad. I guess his criticism is that the motive behind Chirstianity's development of the concept of free will, was to create guilt.

I'll leave Vlad up to proving his thesis.
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    27 May '06 06:47
    Morality was created to control us and through morality guilt cam,e about, did you think we we're born with guiilt and morals!!!!
    Prove it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '06 07:25
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Prove it.
    Hypocrite
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    27 May '06 08:25
    Hypocrite
    He claimed that morality was created. I'm asking for proof. What's hypocritical about that?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 May '06 16:471 edit
    I'm not sure I agree with Vlad. I guess his criticism is that the motive behind Chirstianity's development of the concept of free will, was to create guilt.

I'll leave Vlad up to proving his thesis.
    Very well. So its believing Vlad verses believing Christ. My money's on Christ.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '06 22:07
    Very well. So its believing Vlad verses believing Christ. My money's on Christ.
    Not necassarily Christ. My bet is that it will be the Catholic church.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 May '06 20:23
    Indeed. He insinuates that guilt was created by Christianity. In reality, however, we know guilt to be part of the human condition no matter the exposure to religious preferences. He does not consider the possibility that Christianity merely comes to terms with it.
    absolutely, but you guys did a fantastic job of sharpening that stick with the concept of "sin".
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '06 01:171 edit
    Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
    We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
    ROLF

You don't think you have choices, the ability to do what you will within
    the power of your abilities, within the limitations the universe places
    upon you?

Instead you believe your choices are forced upon you from an outside
    force, or an inside force, maybe the devil made you do it, or God did,
    or maybe the little ole lady down the street?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree