1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 08:591 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    We only send our craziest people to Debates. The rest have better things to do with their time. 😛
    So then is the Debates Forum a forum "of peace"? 🙂
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 09:021 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Which is why guessing what I'm thinking and feeling, as opposed to dealing with what I
    say, is so misguided.

People are constantly guessing at what I think and feel behind my words, and they are almost
    always wrong.

You would think people would learn from this unmitigated failure and stop guessing.
    Then perhaps you could make it more clear, so that the guessing stops.

"Dealing with what you say" doesn't exactly tell us how you're thinking or feeling, either.

You say something mean, you're going to be judged as mean. You say something insulting, you're going to be judged as insulting. You say something biased, you're going to be judged as biased. That's just the way it works.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 09:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Christianity is a religion of ... life. Islam is a religion of ... death.
    Every time I start thinking that some stupid thing you've said IS the "most stupid thing you've ever said", you come up with something even more stupid. The goalposts are being constantly moved back.

If a racist is someone who hates people of a certain race, then what is the term for someone who hates people of a certain religion, just for being members of that religion? Somebody help me out here. Yeah, there's "bigot", but that's too general for what I'm looking for here.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 10:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne

"Dealing with what you say" doesn't exactly tell us how you're thinking or feeling, either.

You say something mean, you're going to be judged as mean. You say something insulting, you're going to be judged as insulting. You say something biased, you're going to be judged as biased. That's just the way it works.
    OK we get it.
    You are mean, insulting and biased.
    We already knew that!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 11:07
    Every time I start thinking that some stupid thing you've said IS the "most stupid thing you've ever said", you come up with something even more stupid. The goalposts are being constantly moved back.

If a racist is someone who hates people of a certain race, then what is the term for someone who hates people of a certain religion, just for being members ...[text shortened]... help me out here. Yeah, there's "bigot", but that's too general for what I'm looking for here.
    Are you saying i am like my hero Donald Trump? 😏
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 13:35
    I wouldn't be smiling about it if I were you, which thankfully, VERY thankfully, I am not.

Your buddy Trump is a narcissistic sociopath.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 21:49

So every time I make an argument or post it should come with a running commentary on
    how I'm feeling as I write it?

Do you realise how stupid your hating my guts makes your posts?

I get it, you don't like me... But try stopping to think before dumping on my posts, for your sake.

Who cares what I'm feeling? it's not relevant to the discussion.

I wasn't the one who brought up intentions, it was the person I criticised for inventing what
    I was feeling at the time who brought it up. I am the one saying leave feelings out of it, partly because
    you guys ALWAYS read me wrong, so stop bothering. Because it makes you look stupid.

Yeah, because tone is really easy to detect in forum posts... people never ever get that wrong...
    🙄

How about when I post an argument that has nothing whatsoever to do with my feelings and people
    then try to infer from that how I'm feeling.

What does that make THEM? [or you, in this case]
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 06:46
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I wouldn't be smiling about it if I were you, which thankfully, VERY thankfully, I am not.

Your buddy Trump is a narcissistic sociopath.
    Yeah but he got people talking about some important subjects.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 06:51
    Originally posted by googlefudge

So every time I make an argument or post it should come with a running commentary on
    how I'm feeling as I write it?

Do you realise how stupid your hating my guts makes your posts?

I get it, you don't like me... But try stopping to think before dumping on my p ...[text shortened]... then try to infer from that how I'm feeling.

What does that make THEM? [or you, in this case]
    It is not that she does not like either of us. She just disagrees with us in different ways and believes attacking us is the best way to deal with her anger against what we say. I don't believe she really means us any harm. 😏
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 03:411 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 07:09
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That would be a bad business deal. 😏
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 11:59
    Precisely.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 21:143 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have recently seen statements or debates along the lines of:
    Islam is a religion of peace (or not).
    What does it mean to say something about a religion, when it is well known that the adherent of any large religion have a wide diversity of beliefs or views.
    Can anything be said about Christianity in the format: Christianity is a religion of ...?
    Wou ...[text shortened]... u be talking about/for all Christians when you made the statement? The majority? Your own group?
    Essentially you have all of these various Islamic terrorists groups going around raping and plundering and killing in the name of Allah, much like Mohammad did.

However, there are about a billion Muslims on the earth and most are not engaged in this sort of behavior. So instead of condemning the whole religion, and specifically Mohammad which would just start more killing, they say that they are really a religion of peace.

No one really believes it but the hope is that they keep more jihadists at home by trying to play nice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree