Originally posted by Jessie Ng
    Tell me. Can anyone tell me what christianity is all about?πŸ˜›
    How the hell do I know?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 07:00
    No. They can only tell you what thier version is all about, and what they think some others think it is all about. No one person knows everything though.
    If you just want a rough summary then start with Wikipeada.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 07:12
    Jesus Christ
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 07:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Jesus Christ
    So how did Popes get mixed up in all this? I don't recall JC ever talking about Popes. JC never wrote a book of the NT. Why is that?
    One could make the argument the leader of the religion should write the story of that religion like Mohammed did. Why didn't JC do that?
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 08:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    One could make the argument the leader of the religion should write the story of that religion like Mohammed did.
    Why?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 08:331 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why?
    Jesus didn't write much if anything down so all we have is second hand. We all know how well that works, you know the party game where one says something to the person on your left and they repeat it and so forth till it comes back around and it starts out with something like "I love Pizza" ending up 'Carbs help you lose weight'.
    So how can you take anything second hand, third hand and so forth as being accurate. The NT has many direct contradictions all tied to faulty memory of the writers. So what are the real words of Christ? How do you prove saying such and such, parable X and Y actually came from Christ and not some storyteller 50 years later trying to 'enhance' the words of Christ?
    I trust men about as far as I can throw them and I get weaker year by year. Why should we place ANY trust in dudes coming onto the scene a half century later and trying to say X Y and Z came from Christ?
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 08:38
    Jesus didn't write much if anything down so all we have is second hand. We all know how well that works, you know the party game where one says something to the person on your left and they repeat it and so forth till it comes back around and it starts out with something like "I love Pizza" ending up 'Carbs help you lose weight'.
    So how can you take anythi ...[text shortened]... m Christ and not some storyteller 50 years later trying to 'enhance' the words of Christ?
    Do you think he would have a printing press to spread the word around? Or maybe he could find the time between the lashes during the Passion to write a few footnotes on it?
  9. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 10:02
    Catholicism in a nutshell: God's son has been a wafer awhile.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 13:31
    The NT has many direct contradictions all tied to faulty memory of the writers.
    That is simply not true. I rather doubt that any of the writers actually met Jesus in person, and many of the contradictions are because the writters were not necessarily trying to write an accurate history in the first place.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 13:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is simply not true. I rather doubt that any of the writers actually met Jesus in person, and many of the contradictions are because the writters were not necessarily trying to write an accurate history in the first place.
    Especially considering the academic discipline 'history' hadn't been invented yet.
  12. England
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 14:39
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Catholicism in a nutshell: God's son has been a wafer awhile.
    location of jesus right behind you
  13. Joined
    08 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 03:25
    Glad you asked! It is centered in Jesus Christ. God is offering salvation through his son Jesus Christ to all who will believe that what he did can save you. Act now before it is too late! REmember this, this brings peace and joy but it will not be a cake walk. kinda the peace in the middle of the storm thing.

ABOVE anything else never take anyone's word for it. Allways check what peop;e say against the Bible(Even ME).

1Co 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace,..."

Ephesians 1:9-11
    (9) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
    (10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
    (11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Romans 3:21-25
    (21) But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    (22) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    (23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
    (24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    (25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 07:05
    Originally posted by SmoothCowboy
    ABOVE anything else never take anyone's word for it. Allways check what peop;e say against the Bible(Even ME).
    But I must apparently take your word for it that the Bible is accurate? As far as I am concerned the Bible is the word of a number of people (whos word you have told me not to take). How can I verify that it is otherwise?
  15. Joined
    08 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 02:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But I must apparently take your word for it that the Bible is accurate? As far as I am concerned the Bible is the word of a number of people (whos word you have told me not to take). How can I verify that it is otherwise?
    The reason I say that is because of the ways people
    (wittingly or unwittingly) misrepresent God. If you want to know all about Jesus, the Bible is the ultimate source. The proof is in the pudding. If you don't like it, that's your choice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree