13 Jan '06 21:43
    is it number 5?
  2. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 22:57
    Originally posted by windmill
    i don't see any proof of Christians...all i see is a whole lot of mind games.
    How could a Christian prove his faith on a discussion board?
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 00:23
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Post a picture of himself being crucified?
  4. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 20:12
    ...are there any here?
    Why do you ask?

DF
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 20:18
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Through acts of consideration, honesty, contrition, generosity and compassion. God will
    know if a post was the product of love or malice. God will know if a post was made to
    help people or to make them feel worse about themselves. God will know if a person
    hurts someone intentionally or not, and if that person tries to make amends.

There are lots of ways. Posting regurgitated Bible quotes is not one of them; as I've
    heard many a 'Christian' say, even the devil quotes Scripture.

Nemesio
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 20:17
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Through acts of consideration, honesty, contrition, generosity and compassion. God will
    know if a post was the product of love or malice. God will know if a post was made to
    help people or to make them feel worse about themselves. God will know if a person

There are lots of ...[text shortened]... e of them; as I've

Nemesio
    Somehow, I get the feeling that this forum has driven more Christians away from Christianity then vise versa…
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 14:19
    Originally posted by Nemesio

There are lots of ...[text shortened]... e of them; as I've

Nemesio
    Well said!! I will, however, quote a scripture. Ekkkssss!!!!!!!

1 Cortinthians 13:1
    If I have all the eloquence of men or of angels, but speak without love, I am simply a gong booming or a cymbal clashing. If I have the gift of prophesy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything, and if I have faith in all its fulness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all. If I give away all that I own to the poor and have not love it profits me nothing.

What is love?

Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous; love is never boastful or conceited, it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offense, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in others sins but delights in the truth, it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will fail, or the gifts of tongues, they will cease. For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophesying is imperfect, but our perfection comes through love, all imperfect things will disapear. When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, and think as a child, and ARGUE like a child, but now I am a man, all childish ways are put behind me. Now we are seeing a dim reflection in a mirror..........In short, there are three things that last; faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love.

This is why I am a christian. Granted I have not always followed these principles in my own life or even on these boards. Never the less, I follow after one who has and does continue to.
  8. An' it harms none...
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 14:44
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Post a picture of himself being crucified?
    This wouldn't really prove anything. Would I have to be burned at the stake to prove I am Wiccan? If someone says they are of a particular faith why not just take their word for it and move on?
  9. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 14:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    In short, there are three things that last; faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love.
    Unless by faith you're referring to blind faith, I'm with you.
  10. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 15:04
    ...are there any here?
    i'm one, for what it's worth*.

*coincidentally, it's worth quite a lot is being a christain. 'tis a whole lifestyle. to live is christ. some people wrote a few books about it. heck, people have even died for it...
  11. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 03:51
    Originally posted by STANG
    I have a friend who travelled the world. She met and married a muslim man who moved to Australia where they now have a family. He now teaches diving lessons to travellers to Australia.

There's more chance of peace when people engage on peaceful terms.
    What, diving with a strap of bombs attached to their scuba gear?...or how to attach mines to infidel ships?....😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree