1. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    22 Dec '07 18:32
    And the peace [tranquility] of God,

    Which passes all understanding,

    Will garrison your hearts

    And minds [thoughts] in Christ Jesus.

    (Philippians 4:7)
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Joined
    19 Jan '04
    Moves
    22131
    22 Dec '07 18:551 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    And the peace [tranquility] of God,

    Which passes all understanding,

    Will garrison your hearts

    And minds [thoughts] in Christ Jesus.

    (Philippians 4:7)
    The sentiment (though not the theology) back atcha! 🙂

    (“Garrison”—I like that. Is that your own rendering? In any event, it’s good.)
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    22 Dec '07 19:03
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    And the peace [tranquility] of God,

    Which passes all understanding,

    Will garrison your hearts

    And minds [thoughts] in Christ Jesus.

    (Philippians 4:7)
    I concur. Back atcha!!

    You know I got to wondering. If such peace did not bypass our understanding would we really have peace? Now there is a mind bender for ya!!
  4. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    26 Dec '07 21:15
    Originally posted by vistesd
    The sentiment (though not the theology) back atcha! 🙂

    (“Garrison”—I like that. Is that your own rendering? In any event, it’s good.)
    Not my word, but I join you in the appreciation.
  5. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    26 Dec '07 21:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    I concur. Back atcha!!

    You know I got to wondering. If such peace did not bypass our understanding would we really have peace? Now there is a mind bender for ya!!
    Likely, we'd complain if even (only) full. Thankfully, He overflows our hearts and minds.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    3061
    27 Dec '07 01:21
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    And the peace [tranquility] of God,

    Which passes all understanding,

    Will garrison your hearts

    And minds [thoughts] in Christ Jesus.

    (Philippians 4:7)
    You wish for your mind to be occupied with stuff that passes all understanding?
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    3061
    27 Dec '07 01:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    If such peace did not bypass our understanding would we really have peace? Now there is a mind bender for ya!!
    Your mind benders suck.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    3061
    27 Dec '07 01:31
    I went to a Christmas concert the other day. This was the phrase that stuck most with me:

    "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Joined
    19 Jan '04
    Moves
    22131
    27 Dec '07 01:57
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    You wish for your mind to be occupied with stuff that passes all understanding?
    Ah, but you and I know that's the "moon"! 🙂
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    27 Dec '07 03:20
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Your mind benders suck.
    :'(
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    3061
    27 Dec '07 17:10
    I keed, I keed.
  12. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    28 Dec '07 19:59
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    You wish for your mind to be occupied with stuff that passes all understanding?
    Yes. Understanding is akin to sight or other sensory perceptions in this rendition. There is a level of understanding that is mostly common to man in general. The peace of God is beyond that understanding.
Back to Top