1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 08:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So are all the Christians getting ready for Christmas this year?

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/christmas.htm
    Robbie carobbie told us a while ago that he has no issues with his children relieving Christmas gifts from people; how do you personally feel about that?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 08:49
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Soooo, what's your issue with these? (rajk's list)
    6 and 7 say you are not allowed to disagree with or question your Watchtowers rules or doctrines.

Isn't there any part of that which makes you feel just a tiny bit uncomfortable?
  3. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 13:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    We all know that getting involved with Christmas is one of the 141 things that you cannot do. Here is a complete list of the things that JWs cannot do:

1.Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers.
    2.Have best friends and activity buddies who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    3.Associate with people outside their ...[text shortened]... from the organization. Jehovah’s Witnesses report friends and family members breaking the rules
    Back of the net.
    That's even better than a list I put up in a previous post.
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 13:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    At which link will I find the response: "garbage"?

Is robbie right?
    Admire you for trying to get a straight answer.
    Him and robbie both know they will look like total chumps
    if they give straight answers.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 14:123 edits
    People that attempt to find their sense of self worth through the denigration of others are devoid and empty and such negativity is best avoided. Christmas puts people under a lot of pressure financially and it is for some the loneliest time of the year. Jehovah's Witness have been freed from these pressures and are immeasurably happy as a consequence.

Oh and tell divesgeester I will be going to my mothers for dinner on Christmas day, she is a trained and qualified cook and likes to have all the family present! Even the black sheep of the family. Naturally I wont be pulling any Christmas crackers but I expect I will come away rather full of the finest food and a glass or two of my fathers finest beverages. Happy Holidays 😀
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 14:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    People that attempt to find their sense of self worth through the denigration of others are devoid and empty and such negativity is best avoided.
    You saying this is just pure comedy.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 14:381 edit
    Jehovah's Witness have been freed from these pressures and are immeasurably happy as a consequence.

Oh and tell divesgeester I will be going to my mothers for dinner on Christmas day,...... but I expect I will come away rather full of the finest food and a glass or two of my fathers finest beverages.
    So you have been freed from the pressures of contributing but have no problem benefiting I see. Leaches do live an immeasurably happy life - at the expense of others.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 15:104 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you have been freed from the pressures of contributing but have no problem benefiting I see. Leaches do live an immeasurably happy life - at the expense of others.
    So i accept an invite to my mothers house for dinner and you term me a leach. When i am feasting on all those roast potatoes, brussels sprouts, spicy pepper sauces and other delectables that my loving and generous parents decide to bestow upon me I will ask myself why i should deprive my mother of the joy of giving and having her family around her and what will happen to your words? that is correct they will dissipate into the nothingness from where they came. Oh and I usually take a bottle of wine or two when i am invited to dine making your assertion of contributing nothing ludicrous . Even Scrooge was forced to crack open a smile maybe you can too 😀 Happy holidays
  9. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 15:30
    So i accept an invite to my mothers house for dinner and you term me a leach. When i am feasting on all those roast potatoes, brussels sprouts, spicy pepper sauces and other delectables that my loving and generous parents decide to bestow upon me I will ask myself why i should deprive my mother of the joy of giving and having her family around her a ...[text shortened]... ng ludicrous . Even Scrooge was forced to crack open a smile maybe you can too 😀 Happy holidays
    We'll make a Christian out of you yet robbie
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 16:52
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    We all know that getting involved with Christmas is one of the 141 things that you cannot do. Here is a complete list of the things that JWs cannot do:

1.Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers.
    2.Have best friends and activity buddies who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    3.Associate with people outside their ...[text shortened]... from the organization. Jehovah’s Witnesses report friends and family members breaking the rules
    They sound like the Pharisees.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 17:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Robbie carobbie told us a while ago that he has no issues with his children relieving Christmas gifts from people; how do you personally feel about that?
    What is the difference between not celebrating Christmas while receiving presents at Christmas time and not participating in Trick or Treat during Halloween while eating all the Halloween candy they can get their hands on? 😏
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 17:24
    People that attempt to find their sense of self worth through the denigration of others are devoid and empty and such negativity is best avoided. Christmas puts people under a lot of pressure financially and it is for some the loneliest time of the year. Jehovah's Witness have been freed from these pressures and are immeasurably happy as a consequen ...[text shortened]... her full of the finest food and a glass or two of my fathers finest beverages. Happy Holidays 😀
    Christmas itself does not put anyone under a lot of pressure. One is free to participate to whatever extent they wish as you do now by allowing your children to receive Christmas present while refusing to give any.

Those that do not get together at Christams with their families or friends may be lonely. I never feel lonely at Christmas or Thanksgiving because i have always had someone to associate with even while in the Army away from my family.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 21:05
    someone send divesgeester a Christmas card for me 😀
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 21:41
    People that attempt to find their sense of self worth through the denigration of others are devoid and empty and such negativity is best avoided. Christmas puts people under a lot of pressure financially and it is for some the loneliest time of the year. Jehovah's Witness have been freed from these pressures and are immeasurably happy as a consequen ...[text shortened]... her full of the finest food and a glass or two of my fathers finest beverages. Happy Holidays 😀
    Enjoy your Christmas dinner, Christmas wine, Christmas cheer and also your children their Christmas presents. I wish you in advance of the season, it's very best to you and yours.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 21:431 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have suspected for some time now, that Robbie is less extreme in his JW views than he would have us believe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree