1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 03:24
    I could hardly believe it when I stumbled upon this website that actually gave the the same date in history that I had calculated for the crucifixion of Christ about 20 years ago. I had calculated the birth of the Messiah as being on the Passover evening of Thursday 20 April 5 B.C. according to the Julian Calendar and His crucifixion on Passover afternoon of Wednesday 25 April 31 A.D. That would make Christ 35 years of age at that time. However, I am still waiting to see if anyone will ever agree with me on the date of the birth.

Christ’s Crucifixion Was Not on Friday

http://rcg.org/articles/ccwnof.html

Here is the quote from the above referenced article in which I was startled to see that someone else actually agreed with me.

Christ’s crucifixion took place on Passover day, the 14th of Abib (or Nisan), the first month in God’s Sacred Calendar. This occurred in the year A.D. 31, in which Passover fell on a Wednesday. Many fail to consider the prophecy that the Messiah would be “cut off…in the midst of the week” (Dan. 9:26-27). Wednesday falls in the middle of the week—the very day upon which Passover fell in A.D. 31. According to the Roman calendar, this date was Wednesday, April 25.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 03:391 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I could hardly believe it when I stumbled upon this website that actually gave the the same date in history that I had calculated for the crucifixion of Christ about 20 years ago. I had calculated the birth of the Messiah as being on the Passover evening of Thursday 20 April 5 B.C. according to the Julian Calendar and His crucifixion on Passover afternoon o ...[text shortened]... dar, this date was Wednesday, April 25.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
    So then he actually Came back on Saturday then too
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 04:141 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    So then he actually Came back on Saturday then too
    It is a shame that I have been unable to find a Christian church that I can agree with 100%. It should be obvious that they have the year of the birth wrong, if Herod died in early March of 4 B.C., then Christ had to have been born before that. He could not have been born in the Autumn of 4 B.C. because Spring comes before Autumn.

P.S. The prophecy Christ made said 3 day and 3 nights, which means that that amount of time would be completed that he would be in the grave, however, that does not mean His resurrection had to occur exactly on the completion of that amount of time. But he would have to rise before a 4th day or night had completed. In this case, it would have to be before the 4th night was completed, which would be before sunrise Sunday morning. So technically, he could have risen on either Saturday or Sunday before sunrise, since Sunday begins at midnight.
  4. England
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 06:34
    and talking to yourself ???
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 06:41
    I don't know chess very well. But with the exception of Revelation, I know the Holy Bible very well without formal education on it. But I doubt that even the scholars really understand it, even thought many pretend to.
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 09:11
    Of course it wasn't on a Friday. Freya hadn't been invented by Norse hooligans at that point so she couldn't have a day named after her. Saturday, Sunday and Monday are all OK though, they predate the Norse gods.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 13:501 edit
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Of course it wasn't on a Friday. Freya hadn't been invented by Norse hooligans at that point so she couldn't have a day named after her. Saturday, Sunday and Monday are all OK though, they predate the Norse gods.
    According to your logic we can not date anything with the Julian or Roman Calenders before they were invented. So how are we going to date the "big bang" or the creation of man or anything 3000 years ago? How do we really know anthing happened 3000 years ago? It is all heresay, with no calendar to date it. Is this the life of a skeptic or just one with a hard heart?
  8. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 21:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    According to your logic we can not date anything with the Julian or Roman Calenders before they were invented. So how are we going to date the "big bang" or the creation of man or anything 3000 years ago? How do we really know anthing happened 3000 years ago? It is all heresay, with no calendar to date it. Is this the life of a skeptic or just one with a hard heart?
    I don't recall anyone saying the universe began on a Wednesday, just after teatime. Oh, wait, that was Ussher wasn't it? He was talking rubbish but he knew no different so I shall excuse him.

Physicists use the second as the standard unit of time but they don't name the seconds, they count them. Dating doesn't depend on a calendar, it depends on being able to count units of time.

You said Jesus wasn't crucified on a Friday without mentioning a date and I just pointed out that no matter what day he was crucified on, it certainly wasn't called Friday. Unless you are saying that 1st century AD Romans and Jews used Norse gods for their day names?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 02:201 edit
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I don't recall anyone saying the universe began on a Wednesday, just after teatime. Oh, wait, that was Ussher wasn't it? He was talking rubbish but he knew no different so I shall excuse him.

Physicists use the second as the standard unit of time but they don't name the seconds, they count them. Dating doesn't depend on a calendar, it depends on being able ss you are saying that 1st century AD Romans and Jews used Norse gods for their day names?
    I did mention a date, including year, month, day, and name of the day of the week according to the Julian calendar. Like so, Wednesday, 25 April 31 A.D. is the date of the crucifixion of Christ.

Without a calendar the evilution scientists depend on assumptions and conjecture based on their limited knowledge. They can easily be billions of years off, because they don't know the exact date something happened or an exact date of something that happened closed to that event, so that they can at least give an approximate date. They have to just make a wild guess and hope they are within a few billion years of the correct time frame. But they are just guessing that there were billions of years to begin with for they have no proof of any of it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree