They also dig oral sex. That counts you out!!!! 😀
    shocking guy!
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:10
    Originally posted by JS357
    There seem to be ongoing threads about this or that version of Christianity and which is "right." Here is a link to some comparison charts.

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/charts.htm

Interestingly there are charts comparing Christianity to Mormonism and Jehovah's witnesses, as if they differ fundamentally from it. This should be taken in the co ...[text shortened]... nterested in hearing from Christians on whether there are important mistakes in these charts.
    Thanks for this link, very interesting reading.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:17
    Originally posted by galveston75
    And were the Jews wrong in worshipping one God and not a triune set of Gods?
    They also missed the Messiah first time around. They're obviously not going to believe in the Triune God if they do not believe Jesus was the Messiah or the Son of God.

And let's get something straight before you go off on another tangent. The Triune God IS one God, your false use of the words "set of Gods" notwithstanding.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:22
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Yes, that's because I meant Christians and not so called Christians when I wrote it.
    No Christians were involved in perpetrating any of the obscenities of the Holocaust.

So obviously you meant "so-called Christians". If indeed you meant Christians, then clearly, you are lying. Or to be more charitable, "trolling".
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    do we top the charts for sheer awesomeness? every girl crazy about a sharp dressed
    man you know! contrast that with going to church, dudes in their sneakers and
    jeans, like Manny with his cool aid and Nike trainers, RJH with his SS uniform and
    Jaywill with a shaved head, orange smock and pinging a triangle, plus chicks dig kilts,
    just saying.
    After a post like that, you could make more of an effort to be Christian-like, you know. Especially since actually being a Christian seems so difficult for you. You might start with not insulting your Christian brothers. I'm not asking you to love them, as Christ said to do. I mean, let's not bite off more than you can chew the first day. We can work up to that.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No Christians were involved in perpetrating any of the obscenities of the Holocaust.

So obviously you meant "so-called Christians". If indeed you meant Christians, then clearly, you are lying. Or to be more charitable, "trolling".
    First that isn't true, however much you wish to claim otherwise.

Second I said up to the holocaust.

You going to deny that Christians have persecuted Jews for millennia leading to the holocaust?

And incidentally you still haven't responded, despite saying you would several times, to my
    pointing out the part of your bible where it says that women should be forced to marry their
    rapists... Along with other such charming things as to what the punishment should be for
    beating your slave to death, simply beating them is fine, they just can't die immediately
    afterwards.

So, no, I meant Christians, not so-called Christians.

Maybe not people you would like to be Christians, but they* were Christian by any meaningful
    definition of the term.

*Not claiming everyone involved was Christian which would be equally absurd.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:34
    After a post like that, you could make more of an effort to be Christian-like, you know. Especially since actually being a Christian seems so difficult for you. You might start with not insulting your Christian brothers. I'm not asking you to love them, as Christ said to do. I mean, let's not bite off more than you can chew the first day. We can work up to that.
    Lol, how can i be more Christian like? worship a triune non Biblical God, celebrate
    pagan holidays, join the army, call all atheists scum? How can i be more Christ like, do
    tell!
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, how can i be more Christian like? worship a triune non Biblical God, celebrate
    pagan holidays, join the army, call all atheists scum? How can i be more Christ like, do
    tell!
    Calling atheists scum does seem to be quite a popular attribute....

But I don't see why you can't enjoy pagan holidays if you only view them as an opportunity
    to have fun and be generous without at any point worshipping a false idol, or believing
    something anti-Christian.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:48

There is a logical fallacy called no true Scotsman.

No true Scotsman would do X.

But Macgregor did X.

Then clearly, Macgregor is not a TRUE Scotsman.

Many of the perps who persecuted Jews were at least, culturally and by upbringing, Christians.

Granted, they sinned greatly.

But don't Christians sin? Don't true Christians sin? Greatly, sometimes?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 17:06

Hitler's mother was a Roman Catholic and Hitler as a result became a
    catholic and remained a member even though he rebelled as a young
    teenager and never attended the Church as an adult. So it is this
    guilt by association that some attribute the Holocaust of the Jew to
    Christianity.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 17:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Hitler's mother was a Roman Catholic and Hitler as a result became a
    catholic and remained a member even though he rebelled as a young
    teenager and never attended the Church as an adult. So it is this
    guilt by association that some attribute the Holocaust of the Jew to
    Christianity.
    For the record, I don't assign such guilt by association. But evil can appear within and in the guise of any human institution, as we are being currently reminded; it is silly to deny this.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 17:152 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    First that isn't true, however much you wish to claim otherwise.

Second I said up to the holocaust.

You going to deny that Christians have persecuted Jews for millennia leading to the holocaust?

And incidentally you still haven't responded, despite saying you would several times, to my
    pointing out the part of your bible where it says that wom of the term.

*Not claiming everyone involved was Christian which would be equally absurd.
    You know this was a result of the false teachings from the Roman Catholic
    Church don't you? Who did the Eastern Orthodox Churches persecute?
    Find me a reference were the Christian Churches of Asia persecuted any
    Jews, please. I think you will fine that they were the ones that were being
    persecuted because they were Jews and Gentiles that had become Christians.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 18:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You know this was a result of the false teachings from the Roman Catholic
    Church don't you? Who did the Eastern Orthodox Churches persecute?
    Find me a reference were the Christian Churches of Asia persecuted any
    Jews, please. I think you will fine that they were the ones that were being
    persecuted because they were Jews and Gentiles that had become Christians.
    http://orthodoxwiki.org/Nikon_of_Moscow

http://www.christianity.com/ChurchHistory/11630148/

"Mistakes and mistranslations had crept into the Russian liturgy. For instance, the Russians signed the cross with two fingers, rather than three as the Greeks did. Nikon insisted on reform. But many Christians who grew up with the traditional Russian forms protested the change back to Greek forms. If the Greeks were so correct, why had God placed most of Orthodoxy under Turkish rule? Nikon responded in autocratic fashion and, with full state cooperation, attempted to crush anyone who refused to accept his new service book."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree