1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 18:23
    There seem to be ongoing threads about this or that version of Christianity and which is "right." Here is a link to some comparison charts.

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/charts.htm

Interestingly there are charts comparing Christianity to Mormonism and Jehovah's witnesses, as if they differ fundamentally from it. This should be taken in the context of the charts themselves.

I would be interested in hearing from Christians on whether there are important mistakes in these charts.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 19:12
    Mormons and JW believe things which are considered radical and blasphemous to most other Christians.

JW deny that Jesus was God; in some senses their religion is closer to Judaism and Islam than Christianity, which is based on Messiah worship.

Mormons believe that individuals can be elevated after death into gods, each with his own universe to have control over.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 20:57
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Mormons and JW believe things which are considered radical and blasphemous to most other Christians.

JW deny that Jesus was God; in some senses their religion is closer to Judaism and Islam than Christianity, which is based on Messiah worship.

Mormons believe that individuals can be elevated after death into gods, each with his own universe to have control over.
    And were the Jews wrong in worshipping one God and not a triune set of Gods?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 00:15
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'm an atheist, I think you're all wrong.
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 02:361 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    There seem to be ongoing threads about this or that version of Christianity and which is "right." Here is a link to some comparison charts.

Interestingly there are charts comparing Christianity to Mormonism and Jehovah's witnesses, as if they differ fundamentally from it. This should be taken in the co ...[text shortened]... nterested in hearing from Christians on whether there are important mistakes in these charts.
    Ah. I see I belong to the smallest denomination. It doesn't bother me, but, I was surprised at some of the numbers.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 05:391 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Ah. I see I belong to the smallest denomination. It doesn't bother me, but, I was surprised at some of the numbers.
    It doesn't matter what the numbers are for your denomination, but wouldn't it be a surprise to find yourself the only one saved?

"Congratulations! You are the only one who believed exactly the right things!"
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 06:241 edit
    It doesn't matter what the numbers are for your denomination, but wouldn't it be a surprise to find yourself the only one saved?

"Congratulations! You are the only one who believed exactly the right things!"
    Yeah🙄

To find out that there was only one exact way to skin a cat would really be a huge bummer,lol
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 13:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    He came to His people and they denied Him and then had the Romans
    crucify Him by calling out, "Crucify Him, crucify Him." God then had
    their city and their temple destroyed by the Romans and promised
    never to return to them until they cry out, "Blessed is He that comes
    in the name of the Lord." That is the answer to your question.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 13:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He came to His people and they denied Him and then had the Romans
    crucify Him by calling out, "Crucify Him, crucify Him." God then had
    their city and their temple destroyed by the Romans and promised
    never to return to them until they cry out, "Blessed is He that comes
    in the name of the Lord." That is the answer to your question.
    Yes and a book written by people trying to create a new religion and who were trying to
    siphon off people from the religion they were forming from is a highly reliable and unbiased
    source of info about the Jews....

This would of course have nothing to do with why Christians spent so much time and effort
    persecuting and killing Jewish people, up to and including the Holocaust.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 15:33
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    This would of course have nothing to do with why Christians spent so much time and effort
    persecuting and killing Jewish people, up to and including the Holocaust.
    You left out the "so-called" just before Christians in your text.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 15:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You left out the "so-called" just before Christians in your text.
    Yes, that's because I meant Christians and not so called Christians when I wrote it.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 22:55

Interestingly there are charts comparing Christianity to Mormonism and Jehovah's witnesses, as if they differ fundamentally from it. This should be taken in the co ...[text shortened]... nterested in hearing from Christians on whether there are important mistakes in these charts.
    It appears that my beliefs are somewhere between Catholics and Protestants.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 09:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It appears that my beliefs are somewhere between Catholics and Protestants.
    Who cares?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 10:024 edits
    do we top the charts for sheer awesomeness? every girl crazy about a sharp dressed
    man you know! contrast that with going to church, dudes in their sneakers and
    jeans, like Manny with his cool aid and Nike trainers, RJH with his SS uniform and
    Jaywill with a shaved head, orange smock and pinging a triangle, plus chicks dig kilts,
    just saying.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 10:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    do we top the charts for sheer awesomeness? every girl crazy about a sharp dressed
    man you know! contrast that with going to church, dudes in their sneakers and
    jeans, like Manny with his cool aid and Nike trainers, RJH with his SS uniform and
    Jaywill with a shaved head, orange smock and pinging a triangle, plus chicks dig kilts,
    just saying.
    They also dig oral sex. That counts you out!!!! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree