1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 01:30
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Ha, pascals wager wont work.

First, any god worthy of the name can tell if you really believe or are faking it just in case.

Second, it's only an either or if there is only one religion to chose from, given the huge plethora of god's and religions available
    (even if you only include those currently extant) many if not all of which are mutually ex ...[text shortened]... ir is a god but that it's the one you believe in,
    I will stick with rational non-belief.
    I'll save you much trouble. Just study the Christian religion to learn the
    truth. If you can prove to yourself that it is not true beyond a reasonable
    doubt, then the religion of the atheists is right for you. No more searching
    necessary.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 08:57
    Jesus Saves
    (graffitti below)
    and ___________ scores on the rebound

(insert name of this years most prolific goal scorer)
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 11:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I'll save you much trouble. Just study the Christian religion to learn the
    truth. If you can prove to yourself that it is not true beyond a reasonable
    doubt, then the religion of the atheists is right for you. No more searching
    necessary.
    First, atheism is not a religion as you well know.

Second, atheism is the absence of belief and the default position, I don't need to disprove
    Christianity or the existence of god, you need to prove the existence of your god.

Third, And I have already ruled out your god as patently non-existent, no being capable of
    creating the universe and everything in it and micro managing it on a second by second
    basis would be as petty, stupid, or inconsistent as your god is described unless they were
    simply messing with us for the hell of it. While I can't rule out the idea of there being a god/s
    that created the universe, I can rule out yours as being absurd.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 15:55
    Hell doesn't exist, neither does heaven, or god.

It's also wrong, as are you, and your idiotic, abusive, sick and twisted religion.
    A clear case of thinking if you repeat something enough times, it becomes true.

Yes, this is what you think, we get it.

How would you like it if you had to sit and read what everyone else in this thread thought was true, in every post they made?

(Proper Knob, if you're reading this, then posts like these insulting Christians is what probably prompts me and others to post statements running down atheists. Yes, maybe it is painting all atheists with the same brush, but it does happen a lot. Enough to cause Christians to become defensive and take the same treatment back to the atheists.

And yes, I know the argument. "I'm not insulting you, just your asinine religion." Gee, thanks. No, I'm sorry, insulting our religion IS insulting us.)
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:04
    So until you present evidence that suggests that not only their is a god but that it's the one you believe in,
    I will stick with rational non-belief.
    There can be NO evidence or proof of God, how many times do I have to explain this to you and others?

By all means, stick with your "rational" non-belief (I prefer the term unbelief, because not only do you not believe, but you seem to work very hard to convince others to "not believe" as well). But no complaining when you wind up in a less than ideal, "rational" afterlife.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There can be NO evidence or proof of God, how many times do I have to explain this to you and others?

By all means, stick with your "rational" non-belief (I prefer the term unbelief, because not only do you not believe, but you seem to work very hard to convince others to "not believe" as well). But no complaining when you wind up in a less than ideal, "rational" afterlife.
    I don't know, lets find out.

I know YOU think there can be no evidence for god because that would sully your faith.
    No need for faith if you have proof.
    I get that, it's also how you justify believing in stuff with no evidence, you claim it as a virtue.

I think it's idiotic, but I get it.

However, NOT ALL OTHER THEISTS AGREE WITH YOU.
    So when I am talking to them, and they talk about proof and evidence, then so will I.

And yes, I know you find people criticizing your religion to be offensive and insulting.
    Frankly, I don't Give a damn.
    Peoples religious beliefs have a real, usually negative, impact on the world and yet they claim
    it as a taboo to question their 'faith'.
    Tough, your faith is going to be questioned, at least I am doing it on a forum you chose to come
    to and can chose not to come to, rather than coming round your house, or walking up to you
    on the street.

PS: threatening hell on someone who doesn't believe in souls is really pointless. Pro tip.
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 20:35
    Nothing in the post you responded to is prideful.

Not saying that pride in moderation and where justified is bad, just saying I don't demonstrate it in the relevant post.

Randomly making up things to accuse me of will get you nowhere.
    You smell and you talk funny.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 20:451 edit
    The Boasting Boys

Three boys are in the schoolyard bragging about their fathers. The first boy says, "My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a poem, they give him $50."

The second boy says, "That's nothing. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a song, they give him $100."

The third boy says, I got you both beat. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a sermon. And it takes eight people to collect all the money!"
  9. England
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 22:391 edit
    and a girl pipes in my mam sends your dads notes and they come and she gets all that moneyπŸ˜‰πŸ˜€
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 22:56
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The Bible does say some stuff about both places.
    But go ahead and take that risk for all eternity.
    Let's be careful SHALL WE?

In our next lives you might come back as a fly and me as a chameleon, or vice versa! πŸ˜‰

-m.
  11. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 22:58
    Originally posted by stoker
    and a girl pipes in my mam sends your dads notes and they come and she gets all that moneyπŸ˜‰πŸ˜€
    What's the difference between you and your wife?

Your wife has a bigger semen count! πŸ˜€

-m. 😏
  12. England
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 12:07
    Originally posted by mikelom
    What's the difference between you and your wife?

Your wife has a bigger semen count! πŸ˜€

-m. 😏
    SAD AS SHE DIED LIKE YOUR JOKE
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 12:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    A clear case of thinking if you repeat something enough times, it becomes true.

Yes, this is what you think, we get it.

How would you like it if you had to sit and read what everyone else in this thread thought was true, in every post they made?

(Proper Knob, if you're reading this, then posts like these insulting Christians is ...[text shortened]... r asinine religion." Gee, thanks. No, I'm sorry, insulting our religion IS insulting us.)
    Two things -

1. Two wrongs make a right then?

2. Insulting your religion is not the same as insulting you. Just like telling you you're political beliefs are crap is not the same as calling you crap.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 01:53
    Drove by one today that said,"Thanksgiving is Thanks living."
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 01:57
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Drove by one today that said,"Thanksgiving is Thanks living."
    There is a church at the top of my road (actually two one on either side, one catholic, one baptist)
    which has a bus stop in front of it, and one time standing there waiting for a bus (in the rain) I
    noted they (the baptist church) had a sign up saying 'there has got to be more to life than this...'
    with a bunch of pictures of really happy contented people as their example....
    Which struck me as kind of odd, it seemed to be saying look at all these happy contented people...
    don't you want more than that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree