1. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 10:59
    Not many on here are familiar with the man, but for those who are, it is with great personal sadness mixed with overflowing joy that I announce his promotion to heaven.

The Colonel walked that final bridge last night, August 16, and is now face-to-face with the object of his worship and adoration. Pastor among pastors, workman among workmen, the world is indebited to his service while he was here.

I cannot hope to express my gratitude for his faithfulness in studying and teaching the Word of God as diligently as he did; for his servant-like leadership, I am forever grateful.

Colonel, I salute you.

May his family and friends rejoice in the fragrant memory of his life.
  2. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Not many on here are familiar with the man, but for those who are, it is with great personal sadness mixed with overflowing joy that I announce his promotion to heaven.

The Colonel walked that final bridge last night, August 16, and is now face-to-face with the object of his worship and adoration. Pastor among pastors, workman among workmen, the world ...[text shortened]... Colonel, I salute you.

Was he a Jehovah Witness? No?
    Well .. sorry .. he is in the Maggot Motel like everyone else. .. his good works nothwithstanding.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 14:41

The Colonel walked that final bridge last night, August 16, and is now face-to-face with the object of his worship and adoration. Pastor among pastors, workman among workmen, the world ...[text shortened]... Colonel, I salute you.

How do you know he's in heaven? I thought only God can know whether any particular individual is saved.
  4. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 19:21
    ???
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 10:47
    From what I've read, Thieme was a thoroughly nasty piece of work. Knowing that Freaky is a Thiemite explains a lot.

"The only good decision that was ever made was when we had a president, Harry Truman, who actually nuked Japan. That was a magnificent decision! That was a strategic decision. That was a decision that saved millions of American lives and shortened the war. But we made one tactical mistake. We dropped one of those bombs in a part of Japan where they’re all crybabies, and they’ve been crybabies right up to now. You’re shocked at these things, but you don’t understand how nations survive."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Thieme

"Japan was already defeated ... dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary. I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was no longer necessary to save American lives." Eisenhower.

I guess Thieme would have called Dwight a cry-baby.
  6. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 11:22
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    From what I've read, Thieme was a thoroughly nasty piece of work. Knowing that Freaky is a Thiemite explains a lot.

"The only good decision that was ever made was when we had a president, Harry Truman, who actually nuked Japan. That was a magnificent decision! That was a strategic decision. That was a decision that saved millions of American ...[text shortened]... to save American lives." Eisenhower.

You have succeeded in nothing more than showing your ignorance. The Japanese had made many overtures to surrender... on their terms. Since when is surrender a matter decided by the conquered? The fact of the matter is, had we not dropped the bomb the war would have eventually been concluded in our favor.

Only those who have no regard for human life would say that an eventual victory is better than a resounding quick one.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 14:27

"The only good decision that was ever made was when we had a president, Harry Truman, who actually nuked Japan. That was a magnificent decision! That was a strategic decision. That was a decision that saved millions of American ...[text shortened]... to save American lives." Eisenhower.

Did he really say that?
    Man thats disheartening, (after Freaky's initial post)😞
  8. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 16:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Did he really say that?
    Man thats disheartening, (after Freaky's initial post)😞
    It's not all dolphins and rainbows, karoly.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 16:58
    You have succeeded in nothing more than showing your ignorance. The Japanese had made many overtures to surrender... on their terms. Since when is surrender a matter decided by the conquered? The fact of the matter is, had we not dropped the bomb the war would have eventually been concluded in our favor.

Only those who have no regard for human life would say that an eventual victory is better than a resounding quick one.
    Was Eisenhower ignorant and/or lacking in regard for human life?
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 17:56
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Eisenhower? What did he have to do with it?
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 18:46
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Eisenhower? What did he have to do with it?
    "Japan was already defeated ... dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary. I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was no longer necessary to save American lives." Eisenhower.
  12. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 19:32
    In light of the fact that we were still sending troops into the fray--- when Japan was "already" defeated--- what would you conclude?
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 20:00
    In light of the fact that we were still sending troops into the fray--- when Japan was "already" defeated--- what would you conclude?
    Do you think Jesus would agree that the use of atomic bombs is a good thing?
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 20:14
    Is there room for answers in a thread where everyone responds to questions with questions? 😵
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Aug '09 01:14
    Is there room for answers in a thread where everyone responds to questions with questions? 😵
    Yeah, what do you think?😀