1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '06 21:45
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    I know it's hard to study when your primary function is to deride all who you cannot convert, so I did the research for you and I'll give you a good starting point for your study OK Bud!

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_ancient_atomic_3.htm
    my primary function is to earn money by working. I play chess in leasure time and talk on the forums some when not playing chess. I don't have time to read something a 3rd longer than my discworld collection anytime soon. and I am not trying to convert anyone.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '06 21:47
    Atomic Explosions Produce Glass

When the first atomic bomb exploded in New Mexico, the desert sand turned to fused green glass. This fact, according to the magazine Free World, has given certain archaeologists a turn. They have been digging in the ancient Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and a layer of herdsman culture much older, and a still older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass. It is well known that atomic detonations on or above a sandy desert will melt the silicon in the sand and turn the surface of the Earth into a sheet of glass. But if sheets of ancient desert glass can be found in various parts of the world, does it mean that atomic wars were fought in the ancient past or, at the very least, that atomic testing occurred in the dim ages of history?
  3. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '06 21:54
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Atomic Explosions Produce Glass

When the first atomic bomb exploded in New Mexico, the desert sand turned to fused green glass. This fact, according to the magazine Free World, has given certain archaeologists a turn. They have been digging in the ancient Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and a layer of h ...[text shortened]... the ancient past or, at the very least, that atomic testing occurred in the dim ages of history?
    Interestingly, Manhattan Project chief scientist Dr J. Robert Oppenheimer was known to be familiar with ancient Sanskrit literature. In an interview conducted after he watched the first atomic test, he quoted from the Bhagavad Gita: "'Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.' I suppose we all felt that way."

When asked in an interview at Rochester University seven years after the Alamogordo nuclear test whether that was the first atomic bomb ever to be detonated, his reply was, "Well, yes, in modern history." (David Hatcher Childress in Nexus magazine)
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '06 22:00
    that was an extract from the site and if it is a representitive sample of what else is there I can tell you that it is all rubbish.
    Assuming for the moment that the particular mention of 'glass sheets' is true then I can present far more reasonable explenations. one is that metorite impacts can generate the heat required to form glass and are known to produce shock quartz and other tell tale signs of big exploions, volcanos can also produce glassy material. radioactive material can be found in varying quantities all over the earth (where the hell do you think we get uranium from in the first place?) in fact there was a site somehwere I think in america where they found a concentration high enough that it had for a while in the past actually formed a 'natural' nuclear reactor. I can look up articles on it if you are interested. metiorites are often more radioactive than usually found on earth and so can deposit unusually radioactive layers of impact ejector.
    ah yeah just spotted further down that you are trying to claim the natural reactors as evidence of prehistoric nuclear civiliseations.
    physics has not changed by ANY significant amount during the life of this planet, and certainly not within the last few thousands of years.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '06 22:25
    Interestingly, Manhattan Project chief scientist Dr J. Robert Oppenheimer was known to be familiar with ancient Sanskrit literature. In an interview conducted after he watched the first atomic test, he quoted from the Bhagavad Gita: "'Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.' I suppose we all felt that way."

When asked in an interview at ...[text shortened]... his reply was, "Well, yes, in modern history." (David Hatcher Childress in Nexus magazine)
    I don't know what he was thinking of there, but he may be being sarcastic, or referring to the fact that stars are large nuclear time bombs. doesn't neseserily mean anthing.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Jul '06 00:43

When asked in an interview at ...[text shortened]... his reply was, "Well, yes, in modern history." (David Hatcher Childress in Nexus magazine)
    How do you explain the complete lack of evidence for the technological knowledge that would have been required to build bomb, 3000, 5000, 8000 or even 24000 years ago (when the planet was in an ice age)?
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Jul '06 00:45
    Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana hurled a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe.
    An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendor... a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds...the cloud of smoke rising after its first explosion formed into expanding ...[text shortened]... to wash themselves and their equipment.

Ancient verses from the Mahabharata: (6500 B.C.?)
    As googefudge points out this could equally easily be describing a meteorite.
  8. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '06 00:58
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    As googefudge points out this could equally easily be describing a meteorite.
    Maybe a meteorite or a Nuclear Explosion. I guess the point is, that we may never solve the mystery of these events. But I would guess that if we engaged in Nuclear War we would possibly see another Ice Age and Men living in caves. Genetic mutations and maybe other horrors. Hey, here's the other proof that I'm not the only one in this asylum 😏

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/coso.html
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Jul '06 04:08
    Maybe a meteorite or a Nuclear Explosion. I guess the point is, that we may never solve the mystery of these events. But I would guess that if we engaged in Nuclear War we would possibly see another Ice Age and Men living in caves. Genetic mutations and maybe other horrors. Hey, here's the other proof that I'm not the only one in this asylum 😏

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/coso.html
    Unfortunately you didn't read far enough;

"The Coso Artifact was indeed a remarkable device. It was a 1920s-era Champion spark plug that likely powered a Ford Model T or Model A engine, modified to possibly serve mining operations in the Coso mountain range of California."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree