1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 22:27
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    No this is a spin off as the OP says. Try reading OPs sonship.
    So you tell me why God ignored all the English prayers, genius.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 20:31
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    So you tell me why God ignored all the English prayers, genius.
    Is it he answered the prayers of the Croats?
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 01:06
    Or that God doesn't care about soccer?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 02:061 edit
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Or that God doesn't care about soccer?
    This is what I was arguing on page one of that other thread, and of course I got derided. Strap in.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 02:081 edit
    I doubt it.

The answer to this is in the answer to my previous question.
  6. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 04:22
    I'm sure y'all can tell us where God draws the line on what He cares about and what He ignores... with Scripture to back it up?

I think it's pretty safe to say at the very least, God preordained what has happened and will happen in the World Cup.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 07:02
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey

God preordained what has happened and will happen in the World Cup.
    Are you saying He rigged the tournament?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 07:27
    This is what I was arguing on page one of that other thread, and of course I got derided. Strap in.
    If you did get “ derided”, which you don’t, it would either be for your partisan tub-thumping doomongerimg about the state of this forum...or...possibly...for your claims about your fantastical and frankly unbelievable life experiences such as: people in your block jumping out of windows thinking they can fly, you king-fu fighting in bars and crashing through tables with people who have sexually molested you, you saving “countless” lives on the street using CRP, you being visited by and conversing with angels who told you not to kill yourself...etc and so forth.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 10:572 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I'm sure y'all can tell us where God draws the line on what He cares about and what He ignores... with Scripture to back it up?

I think it's pretty safe to say at the very least, God preordained what has happened and will happen in the World Cup.
    I'm pretty sure that God doesn't care one little whit about the World Cup.

OR the Super Bowl. OR the World Series.

I do, however, think he'd be alarmed at the sheer amount of money spent on it and how that dwarfs the money spent on actually helping people.

No, probably not 'alarmed'. Saddened.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 11:101 edit
    If you did get “ derided”, which you don’t, it would either be for your partisan tub-thumping doomongerimg about the state of this forum...or...possibly...for your claims about your fantastical and frankly unbelievable life experiences such as: people in your block jumping out of windows thinking they can fly, you king-fu fighting in bars and crashing t ...[text shortened]... eing visited by and conversing with angels who told you not to kill yourself...etc and so forth.
    Or for my claims that actual, righteous people don't pray for their team to win the World Cup, or for any other selfish reason.

All the rest of your post is your own piss-poor opinion of me, which, really, you should work on. God forbid people should actually have a more interesting, more abundant life than you have. And why you blame this on ME, I will never understand.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 12:421 edit
    Or for my claims that actual, righteous people don't pray for their team to win the World Cup, or for any other selfish reason.

All the rest of your post is your own piss-poor opinion of me, which, really, you should work on. God forbid people should actually have a more interesting, more abundant life than you have. And why you blame this on ME, I will never understand.
    I don’t have a “piss-poor” opinion of you, you don’t have a “more abundant” life than I do (and your choice of adjective isn’t appropriate as it relates to a spiritual life), I don’t “blame” you for anything (what are you talking about?).

I just think your claims about your life experiences are mostly fantastical imaginings designed to make other, more gulible readers, think that you do in fact have a “more abundant” life than they do.

Your over-sensitivity and prickliness indicates that I hit the nail on the head.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 13:50
    I don’t have a “piss-poor” opinion of you, you don’t have a “more abundant” life than I do (and your choice of adjective isn’t appropriate as it relates to a spiritual life), I don’t “blame” you for anything (what are you talking about?).

I just think your claims about your life experiences are mostly fantastical imaginings designed to make other, m ...[text shortened]... an they do.

Your over-sensitivity and prickliness indicates that I hit the nail on the head.
    No, you idiot, it just means that I am sick and tired of your "sour-grapes" whining about my life. Over-sensitive? You call me a liar, practically to my face, and expect me to just say, "Yeah, whatever." You must be dissatisfied with your own life to be doing this. That's not MY fault.

"and your choice of adjective isn’t appropriate as it relates to a spiritual life"

Actually, it is.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." -- John 10:10, KJV

Your limits are placed upon you, not by others, but by yourself.

As Jesus said, [If ye had faith of a grain of mustard seed,] "nothing shall be impossible unto you." Your unbelief in yourself is not my fault. Stop taking it out on me.
  13. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 13:56
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Are you saying He rigged the tournament?
    No I'm saying if the bible is true, God foresaw it and did not take measures to change it. OR, He foresaw something else and DID take measures to change it to what we see happening.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 13:573 edits
    No, you idiot, it just means that I am sick and tired of your "sour-grapes" whining about my life.
    Your claims about meeting angels who talked with you and convinced to not kill yourself, and claims of you fighting back the fear to got into bars where men sexually molest you and you do marital arts on them and crash them through bar tables etc etc are simply not believable.

That only a few of us have the decency and honesty to tell you this is a shame of your fellow Christians who pretend to believe you because they a) don’t want to upset you, and b) they don’t want to appear to be siding with me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree