1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 17:09
    If what you believe, and do in this life is of a very critical nature, and the repercussion is severe if you don't believe, and do certain things, then it should be made crystal clear what that is. This situation we find ourself in is that we have nothing to go on other than some ancient books that are more than hard to understand, and have many differnt interpretations on what is trying to be said. Why not break the silence lift the veil of mystery, and communicate with us poor slobs down here on earth. What happened thousands of years ago is hard to get a complete grip on what God has in mind if anything at all. Why make it soo hard to know the Truth ?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 18:011 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    If what you believe, and do in this life is of a very critical nature, and the repercussion is severe if you don't believe, and do certain things, then it should be made crystal clear what that is. ... Why make it soo hard to know the Truth ?
    Its not hard to know the truth. Like already told you, Christ spoke in very simple language. Here are some of his words :

1. Follow me and obey my commandments
    2. Believe in me and be baptised.
    3. Love God
    4. Love your neighbour as yourself
    5. Help the poor, the sick and the needy.

Your problem is - if indeed you have one, and not just raising points for debate - is that you listen to too many people. There is just one authority that can award salvation and you should listen to him only.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 22:27
    If what you believe, and do in this life is of a very critical nature, and the repercussion is severe if you don't believe, and do certain things, then it should be made crystal clear what that is. This situation we find ourself in is that we have nothing to go on other than some ancient books that are more than hard to understand, and have many differnt inte ...[text shortened]... plete grip on what God has in mind if anything at all. Why make it soo hard to know the Truth ?
    I think you cry out for rain in a deluge. I think rajks answer kinda prepares you for other stuff, but it is not necessary. One thing its not,its not the physical. Hence the term 'spirituality' and fruitloops like me being here🙂. God bless whoever came up with this forum.
    So yeah, its like a mental journey of discovery. I used to think the way you do-which is very honest, by the sound of it. Now I know that in my darkest hour I'm the most closest to 'god'.
    Meditation is a good place to start. Very practical. Not religon-specific advice here. Just buckky-specicfic.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 00:24
    If what you believe, and do in this life is of a very critical nature, and the repercussion is severe if you don't believe, and do certain things, then it should be made crystal clear what that is. This situation we find ourself in is that we have nothing to go on other than some ancient books that are more than hard to understand, and have many differnt inte ...[text shortened]... plete grip on what God has in mind if anything at all. Why make it soo hard to know the Truth ?
    I would say instead that belief is pretty clear-cut. Think of the one issue around which your thoughts (related to the spiritual life) constantly and continually return. Start there.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 02:49
    [b]If what you believe, and do in this life is of a very critical nature, and the repercussion is severe if you don't believe, and do certain things, then it should be made crystal clear what that is.
    You are right, what you believe is critical in nature. Our belief structures determine what direction our lives will take and they are necessary to make sense of the world around us.

So what is life about? If you ask me, it is about one simple thing and that is love. Life is about love for each other and love for our God. As Christ once said, if you love your neighbor as yourself and love your God above all else you will not break one law of God. So if you don't believe this and build your life around other things then there will be trouble. We instinctively know this to be true but for some unknown reason gravitate toward other things.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 03:07
    Although I'm a Christian I fully sympathize with you on this. You sometimes have to ask what the relevance of a scripture is to us in 2010 that is 2000 or more years old. The bible truly was nothing more than words before I became a Christian.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree